Dorothy is not supposed to be tall, gangly and ginger

Comments

• fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just logged on and seen this thread.
    when i saw the title i just went to myself..'oh..my..goodness'.
    this is just offensive surely ?!? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Yes Lauren has a lisp.Stick her on Youtube and watch her tongue, when she sings.:)

I think it was Stephanie who had the lisp and maybe Jessica (I can't remember if it was both) but not Lauren.
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Oh god, this IS going to be like Judy Garland isn't it?

I wonder if the winner will have to wear her chest strapped flat and have her figure hidden as well. It's going to look SO wrong, no matter what they do, NONE of them are going to look 12.

Have they all had boob jobs?
  • Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a DD cup at the age of 11 :( i should change my name to born busty!
  • Mr WendalMr Wendal Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    There you go this is how the world see's it and there is only one person that fits the role and its not gangly and skinny legged sophie!

http://www.movietrimmer.com/content/default/english/images/movies/45777_3.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://shine4ever.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/judy-garland.jpg

Judy garland in OTR definately a hint of red there:D

Is that Dangerous dave
  • KarenFHKarenFH Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Mr Wendal wrote: »
    Ah look at the drawing, its short and young girl with blonde hair. You dye you har but you cant reduce your height. Also, Judy Garland is the person they are trying to recreate - a young
    , shorty brunette girl. Dan or Lauren have the perfect look. It would be a complete mismatch if sophie as Dorothy - she is going to get slaughtered in the press.

Actually, Judy Garland's Dorothy was a red-head.
    Forum Member
    There you go this is how the world see's it and there is only one person that fits the role and its not gangly and skinny legged sophie!

http://www.movietrimmer.com/content/default/english/images/movies/45777_3.jpg

She looks exactly like Steph :eek:
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ssppyy wrote: »
    http://shine4ever.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/judy-garland.jpg

Judy garland in OTR definately a hint of red there:D

Is that Dangerous dave

Obviously, they dyed Judy's brown hair red for a reason, but Mr Wendell is in denial. Even when shown the early book drawing of a red-headed Dorothy he called her blonde :p

I think Toto in that pic, looks more like a brunette Missy :)
    Forum Member
    I think it was Stephanie who had the lisp and maybe Jessica (I can't remember if it was both) but not Lauren.

She gets more and more like Jamie Oliver everytime I see her.
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are some people stuck in a time warp and cant see beyond one person to play one roll ?
    If it were so for everything we would still have black and white old movies re runs all the time on a loop
    We move on and we find new talent and we enjoy it
    If the OP wants only Judy Garland then buy the DVD and watch it again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if all the actors have dark hair it would be a good idea to have a red head play Dorothy to make her stand out.
  • EEfan24EEfan24 Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why theatre's have those amazing things called wigs.

Elphaba in Wicked isn't supposed to be blonde... did that stop Kerry Ellis getting the role?
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More pics of a so-not-brunette Dorothy. I think this one in particular, proves Dorothy is a redhead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EEfan24 wrote: »

Elphaba in Wicked isn't supposed to be blonde... did that stop Kerry Ellis getting the role?

No thanks goodness!! Because she utterly rocked it! :) and in the same musical we had dark haired Dianne playing a blond part....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Sophies ginger hair is a bother, you do know its dyed dont you.

Dorothy is any of these girls as she is a character in a book!!!

I'ts red same as when she was little!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    EEfan24 wrote: »

Also, if the OP really feels that way they would surely want an actual real green person playing Elphaba.

Now THAT would be an entertaining Saturday night show.
  • Mr WendalMr Wendal Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Brunette06 wrote: »
    Also, if the OP really feels that way they would surely want an actual real green person playing Elphaba.

you are brunette - i'd rather give you the part ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats the point of this thread? It seems overly and unnecessarily harsh....:confused:

No harsher than the great many slating Danielle and Lauren...

But for what it's worth, Dorothy isnt a role based on hair colour and height. Thank God.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    you are brunette - i'd rather give you the part ;)

You haven't heard me sing. Although I'd happily act on stage and have Sophie sing my parts whilst I mime :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zahl wrote: »
    No harsher than the great many slating Danielle and Lauren...

But for what it's worth, Dorothy isnt a role based on hair colour and height. Thank God.

Well i didn't make any of them :) i think all the slating threads are harsh but i load of sophie ones seem to have just sprung up :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Well i didn't make any of them :) i think all the slating threads are harsh but i load of sophie ones seem to have just sprung up :(

To be fair about 12 new Danielle ones started today and not many of them are of the positive kind :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair about 12 new Danielle ones started today and not many of them are of the positive kind :(

TBH it dosnt matter how many there are exactly, they are all as mean as each other, its not a competition lol. It only takes one to hurt someone's feelings :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brunette06 wrote: »

Have you noticed the official BBC Over The Rainbow home page and what they've done to all the not-Dorothys?! Choose your next Elphaba from this gallery, peeps .... :D
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mr Wendal is contrubuting to a good percentage of them .:rolleyes: