The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    But surely with Simon being the head of Syco, he'd be aware of sabotaging her? It doesn't mean it's him doing it, but surely he's going to be aware of it if it's his company?

Yeah. I would think this too? :confused:
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Yeah. I would think this too? :confused:

Yeah I can't imagine Simon and Leona texting and meeting up for dinner etc with Simon being aware of his company trying to ruin her.
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    Yeah I can't imagine Simon and Leona texting and meeting up for dinner etc with Simon being aware of his company trying to ruin her.

It just doesn't seem accurate to me at all!
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously we don't know what evidence they have but perhaps we should just take their word for it, otherwise I don't think they'd throw something like that around. It's a big accusation. If it's true it seems Syco have targeted commercial stations, they know Radio 2/Magic aren't going to make hit singles.

Also Misterjam chooses the music he plays on his 1xtra show, it's not decided by the station.
    I just have to ask it for some evidence in case I need it. But Im not gonna bother asking because it's not my business plus island would have taken steps if they wantew. No way I made that email up though, how would I know such random thing as us airlines :p
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I just have to ask it for some evidence in case I need it. But Im not gonna bother asking because it's not my business plus if island would have taken steps. No way I made that email up though, how would I know such random thing as us airlines :p

Exactly! So why would they tell you? This is what I'm not understanding! It's got nothing to do with us, and it's a big legal issue, so why would we get told? :S

It's from your usual source yeah? They could've told you about the Airlines thing, then you added the rest? LMAO im kidding! I know you wouldn't do that! It's just like....I hope they dont get into trouble for this :S

EDIT - But actually, wait. It could be true. Cause, all Simon would have to do is say we wont let you play Little Mix/1D if you play Leona - then there would be no like payment or anything illegal to stop Leona getting played. No?
  • DinosaurusDinosaurus Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I just think it's speculation designed to make it easier for us Leona fans to accept the reason it hasn't or isn't doing well! Also I don't buy into the whole this was just a song to get Leona back out there! Charting at 51 and the odd performance on a couple of random shows is not exactly getting her name out there!
  • DinosaurusDinosaurus Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I do believe the part about the American Airlines though which should help the US a lot though!
  • Bubble_BeamBubble_Beam Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Most people attended the Showcase, came out wrote articles etc about what they heard. Days later they got sent the CD with the additional tracks, most people didn't comment on the new tracks because they had already written articles about Leona's comeback and new songs.

Even if FUMF isn't a single just now in the US, it doesn't mean it can't be a future single.

Hope you are right !!
    It deserves chart SLLLLAYYYAGEEEEEE :cool:
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    I like the fact that this thread always needs someone to blame... Yeah, Syco are definitely behind the song getting snubbed - it's definitely got nothing to do with the radios just not taking an interest.

Heck, I'm sure it's simon that got them to snub Nicole Scherzinger on every release since her first album, it's cause she's not a judge! Actually, that's why Tulisa and Cheryl's last singles flopped cause y'know Simon wants to prove no one is bigger than the beast. Probably the reason R1 ignored Britney's new release cause she was a shit judge in the US.

No.

Radios didn't playlist it cause it wasn't relevant to their audiences... It's A-list on Radio 2 cause it's relevant to their listeners but the target demo for Radio 1 and Capital barely know who Leona lewis let alone care about her newest single... She hasn't had a 'proper' commercial (non Christmas) song for years (Trouble was barely a hit)

She's like the Saturdays, they've had their day in the sun and now radio is over them, nothing to do with anyone getting them snubbed they're just deemed to be past it commercially...

You lot make me laugh <3
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    I just have to ask it for some evidence in case I need it. But Im not gonna bother asking because it's not my business plus island would have taken steps if they wantew. No way I made that email up though, how would I know such random thing as us airlines :p

Do you have proof on the Amerian Airlines... Any articles or publicity anywhere saying this is happening? Until then, you could've quite easily made it up.

Like me saying that One Direction are the new face of Easy Jet and that's why Zaiyn left cause he didn't want to be associated with it... Until you have proof otherwise how do you know I'm lying.

The rest of it you could've just gotten from this thread, the amount of times I've seen people saying syco snubbed her - you could just feed that. That way no one blames island or Leona, the fans are happy cause they can still believe that she's relevent and that FUMF wasn't really a flop it was a martyr to the cause.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    Do you have proof on the Amerian Airlines... Any articles or publicity anywhere saying this is happening? Until then, you could've quite easily made it up.

Like me saying that One Direction are the new face of Easy Jet and that's why Zaiyn left cause he didn't want to be associated with it... Until you have proof otherwise how do you know I'm lying.

The rest of it you could've just gotten from this thread, the amount of times I've seen people saying syco snubbed her - you could just feed that. That way no one blames island or Leona, the fans are happy cause they can still believe that she's relevent and that FUMF wasn't really a flop it was a martyr to the cause.

But unlike you Ive provided reliable info in the past. Im not trolling, people know that. The person who told me info is the same person who put me on guestlist at showcase. And guess what? i was there
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im just passing on info, we'll see what happens shortly
  • AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the fact that this thread always needs someone to blame... Yeah, Syco are definitely behind the song getting snubbed - it's definitely got nothing to do with the radios just not taking an interest.

Heck, I'm sure it's simon that got them to snub Nicole Scherzinger on every release since her first album, it's cause she's not a judge! Actually, that's why Tulisa and Cheryl's last singles flopped cause y'know Simon wants to prove no one is bigger than the beast. Probably the reason R1 ignored Britney's new release cause she was a shit judge in the US.

No.

Radios didn't playlist it cause it wasn't relevant to their audiences... It's A-list on Radio 2 cause it's relevant to their listeners but the target demo for Radio 1 and Capital barely know who Leona lewis let alone care about her newest single... She hasn't had a 'proper' commercial (non Christmas) song for years (Trouble was barely a hit)

She's like the Saturdays, they've had their day in the sun and now radio is over them, nothing to do with anyone getting them snubbed they're just deemed to be past it commercially...

You lot make me laugh <3

Oh look who's back and as usual has nothing good to say
  • joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Owwww feel a bit anxious about change of plan to a tune that didn't spark much response from those sent the taster. Also would have loved to see how FUMF would have done in US now. Just gotta have faith I guess! Thanks for news nuggets Soe :)
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As someone who's posted in this thread for a couple of years, I can say everything Soeplepel's source has told us has happened. Such as promotional spots, tv appearances, music video shoots etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't worry, my post wasn't doubting you :) I recognise their grammar aswell lol.
  • joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just realising: we might hear Trouble 1!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joaniponi wrote: »
    Just realising: we might hear Trouble 1!

Yeah I picked up on that! Wonder what they meant by it? I've been dying to hear the demo/original for years.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member

No.

You lot make me laugh <3

Wow, the inaccuracy of this entire post. I'm embarrassed for you.

Oh PS, I can't see The Saturday's being signed by Def Jam in the US, nine years into their career. Let's not even insult Leona and compare.
  • siwelanoelsiwelanoel Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The American Airlines thing is so random. Why would they put the album on there months in advance, especially when it's such useless promo?? Most people don't even use those to listen to music, since everyone has iPods and mp3 players now.
  • ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol this thread is such a mess lately, I used to enjoy posting on here now its just none stop arguing, If you dont agree with someones post just leave it while quote it calling them for everything unless they have personally said something to you? Makes no sense, I see loads of posts on here that i dont agree with or p*ss me off but quoting them just makes you has bad.

Cant we just all look forward to 2nd single, promo, the album now seriously though?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siwelanoel wrote: »
    The American Airlines thing is so random. Why would they put the album on their months in advance, especially when it's such useless promo?? Most people don't even use those to listen to music, since everyone has iPods and mp3 players now.

In all fairness they said "soon" so they either dont know the date or soon = 2 months

We'll see if she's in Us next week then we can see if everyrhing is true. But I dont doubt them at all
  • siwelanoelsiwelanoel Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In all fairness they said "soon" so they either dont know the date or soon = 2 months

We'll see if she's in Us next week then we can see if everyrhing is true. But I dont doubt them at all

I'm not saying I don't necessarily believe that it's true, it just doesn't seem like a tactful decision on her management/label's part. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siwelanoel wrote: »
    I'm not saying I don't necessarily believe that it's true, it just doesn't seem like a tactful decision on her management/label's part. :p

Yeah dont worry haha :p
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brooke is right - let's all just look forward to this era! :) It looks like a lot is going to happen from next week! I have a lot of faith in this campaign.
This discussion has been closed.