CS Baby Miley

Lisa_CharleneLisa_Charlene Posts: 4,002
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Everyone is acting like they will never see Baby Miley again but as Jackson's parents don't live that far away surely they could pop round every week if they wanted?

Comments

• emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect that either they'll soon announce they're moving away & taking Mikey with them or Faye will change her mind & want her back but the Hodges will say "tough doo doo, u handed her over & Jackson's name is on the birth certificate".
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Corrie for the first time this evening in an absolute age cause there was nothing else on, is this basically the same as the Cindy giving Beth to TJ situation??
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,368
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there should have been more to this S/L

It's seems to have been brought to a brisk conclusion for some reason.

It hasn't really addressed any of the issues involved with being a 'gymslip Mum'

...............but then maybe Faye saw how Bethany has turned out and decided giving Miley away is the better option. ;-)
  • MallyminxMallyminx Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    In the real world the social services would be heavily involved in this. They would want to ensure that the baby was going to a good home, and also be there to support Faye.
    No way would the family just be left to sort themselves out.
    I'm assuming that the writers, now that the storyline has run its course, don't want yet another baby on the street, so it's easier to just have someone take it. Problem solved.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a rushed, copout ending to the storyline. It really was just all about creating newspaper headlines about a pregnant 12 year old than any attempt to tell a proper story, wasn't it?
  • emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    What a rushed, copout ending to the storyline. It really was just all about creating newspaper headlines about a pregnant 12 year old than any attempt to tell a proper story, wasn't it?

Yes as with the Simon/Leanne domestic abuse storyline
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Mallyminx wrote: »
    In the real world the social services would be heavily involved in this. They would want to ensure that the baby was going to a good home, and also be there to support Faye.

True! There'd be all sorts of viability assessments, family & friends foster carer assessments, special guardianship possibilities, etc. You can't just hand a baby over - no matter how decent the family seems or how much money / space they have.
  • Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict a custody battle in six months.
  • kikkakikka Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see some 'ostensible conclusions' in Corrie at last.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably, like when Tracy got Amy back after dumping her on Roy and Hayley.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe that the producers of CS have got rid of that dear little baby, but kept Faye !!
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe that the producers of CS have got rid of that dear little baby, but kept Faye !!

Hahaha
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member

I doubt the Hodges' would have been so keen to adopt Faye instead though!! ;):D:D
  • blackcat1blackcat1 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    It was just a rubbish storyline from the off
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,680
    Forum Member
    Corrie is so awful, the writing mainly. I mean they totally forgot that Kevin lost a child, Blackburn isn't passionate about CS like DTC is with Eastenders. I think a 2 year old can run a show better than him.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole storyline is trash.

A baby is born to a 12 year old and then the step-grandma decides to hand the kid to the boy/father's parents.

No social services involvement whatsoever.

Stoopid.
  • CorstemmeeCorstemmee Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched Corrie for the first time this evening in an absolute age cause there was nothing else on, is this basically the same as the Cindy giving Beth to TJ situation??

Yep! Exactly the same storyline.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone is acting like they will never see Baby Miley again but as Jackson's parents don't live that far away surely they could pop round every week if they wanted?

Surely Anna and Tim would be able to have Miley on weekends?
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I must have missed that episode - who on earth are cindy and tj?
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still suspect Faye will end up changing her mind and Anna will ask Jackson's parents to give them the baby back.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emilyb wrote: »
    I suspect that either they'll soon announce they're moving away & taking Mikey with them or Faye will change her mind & want her back but the Hodges will say "tough doo doo, u handed her over & Jackson's name is on the birth certificate".

Between the two my guess is the latter, with Anna resorting to kidnapping Miley.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I must have missed that episode - who on earth are cindy and tj?
    They are characters in EastEnders... Cindy had a baby daughter at aged 15. Some months later she decided she couldn't cope/didn't want the baby around her and so it was abruptly packed off to live with the father and his family, off-screen. Very similar outcome to the Faye/Miley situation. Those scenes only aired a few weeks ago too.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The kid is getting a lucky escape away from Faye and Anna
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are Jackson's parents planning to adopt the baby and bring her up as their own? It would make more sense, rather than expecting us to believe that a 13/14 year boy would want to play Dad to a little baby, especially when Miley's mother who is the same age , feels she is too young to be bothered with her.:confused:
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,690
    Forum Member

One shalt never leave ones street for work or other purposes!
    Miley came in on a wrecking ball and is leaving the same way! Bethany made a sarcastic comment about Sarah being the youngest mother until Faye. It would have been nice to see Sarah have a scene with Faye. Sarah is criminally undecided since her return