Options

Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 5)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,800
Administrator
MinnyMau5 wrote: »
Oh i see. stupid reason if you ask me :p. I didn't even notice Riley acting cocky. and even if he was, he's a young upcoming footballer with a famous dad of course he's a bit cocky.

This thread is a continuation of: Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New thread :D
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    I don't really know what to make of Dodger or Will yet, especially Will cus he hardly did anything so need to see more of him. Dodger, not sure, i expected the actor to be stronger but we've only seen a few scenes so we'll see, but he might be a bit dodgy.....(see what i did there?)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    I don't really know what to make of Dodger or Will yet, especially Will cus he hardly did anything so need to see more of him. Dodger, not sure, i expected the actor to be stronger but we've only seen a few scenes so we'll see, but he might be a bit dodgy.....(see what i did there?)

Will's first scene was very cringeworthy. :o I agree about Dodger though, he's definitely stronger than Liberty. :p
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I didn't want my first post in the new thread to be a negative one as I love the show, but...

as lovely as her voice is - don't tell me Hollyoaks is going to become the Abi Phillips show: http://www.e4.com/blog/hollyoaks/post/mpd1zedbkrx204orl7mrlk/view.e4
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I didn't want my first post in the new thread to be a negative one as I love the show, but...

as lovely as her voice is - don't tell me Hollyoaks is going to become the Abi Phillips show: http://www.e4.com/blog/hollyoaks/post/mpd1zedbkrx204orl7mrlk/view.e4

This link implies they're going to screen the whole song - surely not?
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Beth5681 wrote: »
    This link implies they're going to screen the whole song - surely not?

It'd be a bit much wouldn't it? Hopefully not.
  • Options
    jonnyblackjonnyblack Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine it'll be one of those scenes thats cut into another scene - so we hear the whole song and see bits of it with the audio used for another scene...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah Jonny that sounds alot more likely. But didn't they once have Cameron perform in the pub and I think they showed the whole song. So you never know they might do for liberty aswell. But Cameron was leaving so they had an excuse...

I guess they have to show that Abi Phillibs is good at something...
  • Options
    lexstarlexstar Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOt really digging Dodgy and Will yet, but they don't seem too bad at acting even if they both did have super cringey intros!
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's part of a montage, yeah.

The good news is she's busy with her debut single/album, so hopefully that means slightly less of her on-screen. Though in all honesty, I prefer her to the rest of her family so far. :o
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Hmm, that link sort of suggests what somebody else pondered on the previous thread that she could be merely in HO to be promoted a la Summer with the whole ALW thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    I hope it's part of a montage, yeah.

The good news is she's busy with her debut single/album, so hopefully that means slightly less of her on-screen. Though in all honesty, I prefer her to the rest of her family so far. :o
    I'm giving Will the benefit of the doubt for the moment, but Dodger was cringeworthy. At least Liberty provides (unintentional) entertainment. And crap acting aside, she's a pretty inoffensive character.

I forgot how truly terrible Abi Phillips was until the "eurgh Ethan you're such an eurgh!" moment last night, when I immediately started laughing. I was almost marveling at how vacant and dead her eyes look in every scene, it makes me appreciate every other actor on the show so much more - even Noah! He may be a bit rubbish but at least he is doing something that vaguely resembles acting.

She's got a nice voice though, but that was no good reason to cast her. There is no way they can't know how shite she is.

As for Ethan, he was acting like a twelve year old last night. I just can't understand why he is even contemplating this wedding, he doesn't love Liberty and I haven't seen any half decent reason that he would feel obliged to marry her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This clip makes me really think she's a record company installment like Summer, so she can have a profile afterwards. I for one anyway will already know her from Hollyoaks when she begins her music career and I'm sure loads will......

She's a great singer, it's a pity she can't just sing everything! The lime pictures thing came up at the end which makes me think this scene will be an after-the-credits thing? It could work, if say an emotional Liberty just caught Ethan and Theresa or something......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Random question but how old are Ethan, Liberty and Theresa supposed to be on the show?

Also, regarding Liberty, it does say on her website that
    from April 2011 I will be singing as well as acting on screen
    so it must be a part of a music connected plot for her. Maybe, someone sees her singing and asks her to go on tour and she says no, until she sees Ethan and Theresa and then she makes a quick and permanent exit. I can only hope.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    qwerty282 wrote: »
    Random question but how old are Ethan, Liberty and Theresa supposed to be on the show?

Also, regarding Liberty, it does say on her website that so it must be a part of a music connected plot for her. Maybe, someone sees her singing and asks her to go on tour and she says no, until she sees Ethan and Theresa and then she makes a quick and permanent exit. I can only hope.

I was wondering about the ages. isn't Liberty just 18 like Theresa? Because they were both at school. Which is just crazily young to be getting married in the first place. I guess Ethan's meant to be 25ish?

I like your idea for an exit. I'd like it even more if Silas got her, but I'm not sure she's really worth it. The sooner the better, as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope Dodger & Liberty & Will, will all disspear.. I'm hoping Silas dosen't kill her as it will give dodger more storylines. I don't understand Hollyoaks having bad actors in it.

I'm liking Ethan these days! If Noah & Ruby & Gaz & liberty's family are axed then i will be Happy!! Oh and Ricky. That's why Hollyoaks lose viewers imo instead of staying consistent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, this Channel 4 episode is awful. Even the script is rubbish, nevermind the dodgy acting from the usual suspects.

Doug and Myra, best things about an episode. Who'd have thought it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope they keep Alex she's a decent actress!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really hope Dodger & Liberty & Will, will all disspear.. I'm hoping Silas dosen't kill her as it will give dodger more storylines. I don't understand Hollyoaks having bad actors in it.

I'm liking Ethan these days! If Noah & Ruby & Gaz & liberty's family are axed then i will be Happy!! Oh and Ricky. That's why Hollyoaks lose viewers imo instead of staying consistent.

Completely agree with your axe list. Except Ricky, I really like him. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, this Channel 4 episode is awful. Even the script is rubbish, nevermind the dodgy acting from the usual suspects.

I do agree, i really do. I love Hollyoaks but having so many waste of spaces and not focusing on the talent frustrates me.. i think Gareth Phillips will Axe some people (However i hope it's not the wrong people)

I want Loretta back so much & Des and his sister.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely agree with your axe list. Except Ricky, I really like him. :o

The thing is though everyone has the EXACT same axe list & same people, why are Hollyoaks allowing awful actresses taking center stage. i would much rather be watching Diane & Frankie Interact over Liberty Etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The thing is though everyone has the EXACT same axe list & same people, why are Hollyoaks allowing awful actresses taking center stage. i would much rather be watching Diane & Frankie Interact over Liberty Etc.

Yeah, I do agree. They don't even need to bring anyone back, or have any new characters right now. They just need to get rid of the dross and decide what they're doing with the rest. They barely know what to do with Rae, Texas, Jamil most of the time. And I actually would like to see Diane and Frankie interact! They're both decent actresses! Maybe if they follow up this Sinead/Esther friendship (and the Tom/Finn one, which I actually liked), they finally will.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It really is truly dire!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

EXACTLY! Everyone on here thinks there are too many cast members and they keep adding more on every week and there a certain set that people can't stand/ are pointless who need to be immediately axed!

(I know I'm generalising!:p)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy and Lee are adorable.
This discussion has been closed.