Options

CAN You take your dress OFF Tricia for Amy Childs!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 610
Forum Member
✭✭
CAN management have unbelievably asked Tricia Penrose to change her dress at some Z list launch. This was because the mighty Amy Childs was wearing the same dress.

This is what Tricia said: Been in the biz since '84, told by Amy's mgmt to change my dress!! Not @MissAmyChilds tho, she and her mum were absolutely lovely :) xx

WOW! CAN/Claire Powell really aren't the best PR agents are they? :eek:
I'm glad she didn't change her dress.

Comments

• Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand why Tricia is annoyed, I would be too....but have you seen the pics?

It's a vile dress on both of them but Tricia looks particularly awful in it, she's about two sizes too big and a good 15 years too old for it. I'm trying hard not to sound bitchy, I think she's a talented lady and looks great when in non-trashy clothes, but seriously...did she look in the mirror before she went out!?
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This just makes me hate CAN even more. Why don't they get somebody on their books who actually does something other than go to other CAN client's publicity stunts? Argh.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MeMe122 wrote: »
    CAN management have unbelievably asked Tricia Penrose to change her dress at some Z list launch. This was because the mighty Amy Childs was wearing the same dress.

This is what Tricia said: Been in the biz since '84, told by Amy's mgmt to change my dress!! Not @MissAmyChilds tho, she and her mum were absolutely lovely :) xx

Personally, I thought the dress looked awful on both zelebs, but on Tricia it looked particularly bad. What possessed her to wear it in the first place? Talk about mutton dressed as lamb!:eek: The thing is, she doesn't have a bad figure and in the right dress could have looked great.

As for being asked to remove it - I suspect that many management companies would have done the same. But hey, let's use it as another excuse to bash CAN, shall we?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Personally, I thought the dress looked awful on both zelebs, but on Tricia it looked particularly bad. What possessed her to wear it in the first place? Talk about mutton dressed as lamb!:eek: The thing is, she doesn't have a bad figure and in the right dress could have looked great.

As for being asked to remove it - I suspect that many management companies would have done the same. But hey, let's use it as another excuse to bash CAN, shall we?:rolleyes:

The fact that people think she didn't look good in it isn't the point. If Tricia felt comfortable wearing that dress then that's her choice.
    But is it morally acceptable to go up to someone and say 'you have to change your dress'? If CAN found it as a 'big' issue then why didn't they just change Amy's dress without creating a big fuss.

Amy is hardly A List or 'special' in any way, shape or form.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We all know that trash goes in the CAN. Who do they think they are?
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    She not A-LIST!

Also, er... She is in Let's Dance for Comic Relief tomorrow with her cousin, so original ideas, CAN or follow all KP's steps?
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member
    A whiff of a PR stunt...both get writ about and their mugs and excess fat gets spread across the internet.... and alternative dress at the ready?
  • Options
    HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed Tricia Penrose getting more press since her boob showing antics with the nightmare Denise Welsh and her husband.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member
    HenryBane wrote: »
    I have noticed Tricia Penrose getting more press since her boob showing antics with the nightmare Denise Welsh and her husband.

Nah..it's for her great acting skills. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To echo another poster "who do they think they are" not sure exactly what Amy is, or does, but, shes never come across as a bad sort, and from the looks of it she her mum and Tricia were ok about it, think if this is the only way Can can get Amy into the press, other than sitting her on a washed up singers back then maybe she needs to move on before shes totally under their control, and will need CP permission for everything she says and does :(
  • Options
    HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a stroke of luck that Amy had a spare dress with her to change into... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was the cheapest nastiest looking dress and didn't do either of them any favours. Good on TP for standing her ground tho, and Amy for probably not giving a crap either way.

CAN's control freakery is hilarious. :D You'd think their clients were influential, style-setting A-listers or something they way they carry on, instead of desperate, talent-free Ds.
  • Options
    allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How dare they ask a fully grown woman to change her dress! Even if Tricia wasn't a celebrity it's still a disguntingly ignorant thing to do isnt it!
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the same Tricia Penrose who claimed to be a svelte 8 1/2 stone and a size 8 thanks to her fitness DVD?
  • Options
    tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HenryBane wrote: »
    What a stroke of luck that Amy had a spare dress with her to change into... :rolleyes:
    Yes indeedy.
    Now that's what I call good management.;)
    Got Amy papped in two dresses and more press coverage. WOO-HOO!
    Well done CAN again. Now you see how they made the 'silk purse out of the sow's ear' that was Jordumb.:)
  • Options
    tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The second dress is GORGEOUS....much more Amy.

Meanwhile back at Black Sheep Management...
    check out what they paraded Amy Willerton in. A scrap of tin-foil with her 'best bits' barely covered. Same old tired boring formula used by the boss.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MeMe122 wrote: »

Penrose should have been asked by her own management to change because it's the cheapest, nastiest, fugliest attempt at a dress I've seen in years! It may have got her publicity, but do you want to be known for badly wearing some cheap looking polyester monstrosity?
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tricia Penrose has turned out to be a lot trashier than I expected.

She has very poor dress sense, usually falling out of tight leopard print or gold lycra dresses which look at least two sizes too small and at least ten years too young for her.

Not to mention flashing her boobs in front of Tim Healy recently - not that he hasn't seen all that before, what with being married to Welch the Squelch for 23 years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huge eco brownie points to Amy and Tricia though for recycling one of CP tops :D
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand why Tricia is annoyed, I would be too....but have you seen the pics?

It's a vile dress on both of them but Tricia looks particularly awful in it, she's about two sizes too big and a good 15 years too old for it. I'm trying hard not to sound bitchy, I think she's a talented lady and looks great when in non-trashy clothes, but seriously...did she look in the mirror before she went out!?

No I do agree with you, the dress was awful and looked ropey on Amy but on Tricia:eek: I don't think anyone over the age of about 20 would be able to pull it off.

Saying that thought who the hell do CAN think they are telling other people what to wear?
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where does it say that Can management told Tricia to change her dress please op.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    They both looked awful!

Horrible dress. I'd love to see someone go to one of these do's in high street clothing - and not have their boobs hanging out and their faces caked in make up.

Oh well. In a parrallel universe somewhere I expect women look normal.

Why fight over wearing a disgusting dress! It should have been chucked back in the stylist's mush.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    It was Childs' who changed her dress cos she ended up coming back in with an equally horrible purple thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    Huge eco brownie points to Amy and Tricia though for recycling one of CP tops :D

CAN is all about recycling. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Where does it say that Can management told Tricia to change her dress please op.

:confused: It's says where in the OP's post - TP's quote.