Options

New He-Man soundtrack 2-CD set

golden-condorgolden-condor Posts: 34
Forum Member
Yes, someone has finally hauled the music tapes for this classic 80s cartoon series out of the vaults and given them a deluxe 2-CD release.

I love this music. Shuki Levy composed the score - as he did for other 80s cartoons like Inspector Gadget and the Mysterious Cities of Gold. I haven't stopped playing it since it arrived in the post.

A 20 minute CD was released some years ago but this new release has over 2 hours of classic He-Man music to enjoy. I had long since given up hope of any 80s cartoon soundtracks being released so it's fantastic to see that era getting some attention!

La La Land Records in the US have released this set. I've purchased plenty of their CDs and I can highly recommend them (The Untouchables, Clue, and Innerspace to name but a few). You can buy the set at their site below. Apparently there are about 500 copies left from a 3000 print run.

You can buy the set here:

http://www.lalalandrecords.com

Lovely cover too:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIHpNMyWgAAK5oE.jpg

Here's the whole package:

http://www.originalsoundversion.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/He-man-2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great to see they're recognising that there's a market for this sort of nostalgia. Here's hoping it leads to more shows getting their own releases. Heck, I'd even settle for a decent compilation of original recordings of '80s shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great to see they're recognising that there's a market for this sort of nostalgia. Here's hoping it leads to more shows getting their own releases. Heck, I'd even settle for a decent compilation of original recordings of '80s shows.

In the 80s, some short albums of cartoon series were released on vinyl in France including He-Man and The Mysterious Cities of Gold. They were re-released a few years back and sold out quickly. So it's great to see La La Land Records giving He-Man the deluxe treatment, 130 minutes worth!

Shuki Levy did the music for She-Ra and Inspector Gadget amongst others so maybe we'll see new CDs for those series as well.
  • Options
    Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    The Tarzan cartoon had an awesome backing track, too.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I can see it being of interest from a collectors point of view, would you honestly actually listen to this music more then once ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    While I can see it being of interest from a collectors point of view, would you honestly actually listen to this music more then once ?

You'd be surprised. :)

I've got a few film soundtracks on my shelf that I've listened to once or twice and not listened to since. Can't really enjoy the music on its own.

But if the music *is* enjoyable on its own, or you've watched the TV show/film so often that the music is engrained into your brain - the James Bond soundtracks being a good example - then you can enjoy repeated listenings.

2500 copies of this have already been sold so it's definitely got a market. A niche market, yes, but that's still pretty good!
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    This is great. I'll overlook the fact that this is an advertising post, 'cos this is still great!

Want a copy myself now :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Karis wrote: »
    This is great. I'll overlook the fact that this is an advertising post, 'cos this is still great!

Want a copy myself now :)

I'm not from La La Land Records. Sales of this CD will determine whether or not they pursue further releases of 80s cartoons, which I want, so I am doing my damndest to let people know this soundtrack is out there :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just a reminder to everyone about this release. If you would like to see further 1980s cartoon soundtracks, please support this release as it makes a difference! La La Land Records have said as such on the FSM forum. I really, really want to see soundtracks for She-Ra and Mysterious Cities of Gold!

You are getting over two hours of music to enjoy not to mention detailed liner notes. It is well worth it! :)
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm....You really like He-Man music.

No need to reply!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Hmmm....You really like He-Man music.

No need to reply!

I should have put *bump*! :)
  • Options
    JordanDSJordanDS Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A word in here for Battle Of The Planets - the soundtrack has been on iTunes for ages.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a reminder to everyone about this release. If you would like to see further 1980s cartoon soundtracks, please support this release as it makes a difference! La La Land Records have said as such on the FSM forum. I really, really want to see soundtracks for She-Ra and Mysterious Cities of Gold!

You are getting over two hours of music to enjoy not to mention detailed liner notes. It is well worth it! :)

Well thats me sold.

Or not lol !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JordanDS wrote: »
    A word in here for Battle Of The Planets - the soundtrack has been on iTunes for ages.

Just having a look now, thanks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Comment by MV Gerhard of La La Land Records on the FSM forum, concerning their recent He-Man soundtrack:

"Its been doing very well. We hope to be doing more Eternia projects in the future."

Great news, and along with their recent Mission: Impossible and Lost In Space soundtrack box sets, it gives real hope for a lot more TV stuff :)