Options

"Don't you think it's time you grew up?"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
Forum Member
✭✭
Well, that's what my wife has been saying to me this week having completed from scratch both Resistance 2 and COD WAW.

Made me wonder how old you all are and if I really am too old for this?

I am 32. Mate from work is 45 and he's far worse than me!

Comments

• Options
    TMLS313TMLS313 Posts: 3,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    31 in a month, and also accused of needing to grow up by the other half! I just stick my tongue out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Rob68 wrote: »
    Well, that's what my wife has been saying to me this week having completed from scratch both Resistance 2 and COD WAW.

Made me wonder how old you all are and if I really am too old for this?

I am 32. Mate from work is 45 and he's far worse than me!

Im older than you and your mate and have done COD WAW and looking forward to Resistance. Im a bit Half Lifed out at the mo, i must admit, as i am very near the end of orange box
  • Options
    spankyplugsspankyplugs Posts: 14,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next time she says it, do that kid thing of repeating everything she says but in a high-pitched whiny voice. After a few hours of that, gaming will seem to her like a high-brow mature pursuit.
  • Options
    CeeBeeUKCeeBeeUK Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    "So's your face!", is always a good response!

33, loving Fallout, LBP and Burnout.

Married to someone who won't let me play the Lego games when she isn't there! :D
  • Options
    FTCFTC Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    35 here. Misses moans for britain, but just ignore her. That will learn her! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Next time she says it, do that kid thing of repeating everything she says but in a high-pitched whiny voice. After a few hours of that, gaming will seem to her like a high-brow mature pursuit.

A true classic. I just throw a tantrum and refuse to eat what she just cooked. I'm very mature thank you very much! I'm 30 btw.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm 29 and misses is always saying to me grow up :p
  • Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately for the wives/gfs, they have to come to terms with the fact that people in their 30's+ are the GAMING GENERATION. We are the people that grew up with Speccy's/C64's, when gaming took off with 16bit etc etc, and I'm afraid it never leaves you! :D

I personally find the missus watching Eastenders and Corrie a bit childish too, but there you go! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    27 and single so no one to moan at me here.:D:D
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    41 and loving video games since 1978, quite often me and the missus will send the kids to bed so we can have a romantic kick the shit out of each other Tekken DR session :D
  • Options
    oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not 30 yet, but I've no intention of ever giving up games.

What "grown up" things would she rather you did instead?
  • Options
    grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have had this said a couple of times off the wife in the past but since i got her guitar hero suprisingly she's not said it since :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 31. Mrs moans as well....different when she wants to play Sonic though. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 26 and my fiancee dont moan cos she plays games too but is more casual, whereas I'm more like "I'm gonna f**king do this if it kills me!!" kind of gamer :D:p

Had an ex though who used to tell me GTAIII was a kids game :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    MojoMaster wrote: »
    I personally find the missus watching Eastenders and Corrie a bit childish too, but there you go! ;)

amen to that. admittedly I have been known to watch some absolute rubbish in my time, but never been a fan of soaps. Boooooring dross imho. Give me a good game anyday.

Oh and I'm 33.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how the people that diss games as childish will probably happily sit and watch the LOTR trilogy, an epic story of dwarves, magic rings, wizards etc for hours on end without feeling the same.
    Having said that, my 65 year old dad loves the Wii!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im 33 and have played computer games since i was a kid and have no intention of stopping. I started on the Dragon 32, thats how i roll :)

PSN sleekthfc
  • Options
    RolnikovRolnikov Posts: 967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're just fulfilling a basic need - would she rather you were out whoring or hunting instead...?

Still, too much gaming is a great way to lose your partner. Remember the guy who wrote in to Gamecentral about it?

I try to do it in bursts - have a couple of weeks where I play a game from 10pm till 2am till it's finished, then have a couple of weeks where I don't. Between 8 and 10 I would say don't game, unless your partner has something else she wants to do (like OU studies or reading).
  • Options
    Scotty12Scotty12 Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I'm lucky as my wife bought my PS3 for me. She studies every night so bought it so I had something to do!.

I'm coming up 40 and have no intention of giving up gaming as "I'm too old to play games"...

Sleek,

I started out on a Dagon32 as well...Oh the memories

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=117

The specs make you laugh now!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scotty12 wrote: »
    I'm lucky as my wife bought my PS3 for me. She studies every night so bought it so I had something to do!.

I'm coming up 40 and have no intention of giving up gaming as "I'm too old to play games"...

Sleek,

I started out on a Dagon32 as well...Oh the memories

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=117

The specs make you laugh now!

haha i loved it but look at the size of it, massive :)
  • Options
    andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    27 and single so no one to moan at me here.:D:D

25 and single :D
  • Options
    originalrobskioriginalrobski Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    she knows better, the playstation comes first:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    23 and am always nagged by the mrs bout games being "childish" :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    19 and a student. So im perfect for gaming! :D

Never too old to play games though! Its just another form of entertainment like Movies, Sport, TV or even Books!
  • Options
    jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was 40 last month and I've no intention of stopping. The Mrs just looks at me in disgust and leaves me to get on with it. :D