Comments

• DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dramatic episode charelle is very much the boss of the coach now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new series is in Greece, Brendans been tweeting. Bit far to drive from Nothern Europe isn't it?
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    barneyboy wrote: »
    The new series is in Greece, Brendans been tweeting. Bit far to drive from Nothern Europe isn't it?

That might be a completely separate new series (Channel 4 commissioned 4 of them after the success of the last one) According to Wikipedia, the next series is a tour of the Scandi Countries starting in Riga which would make sense as that's where they're heading if they're going through Lithuania.

On a second note, I loved tonight's episode, Brendan finally losing it and being exceptionally pissed off really set the episode up. I think he really disliked Alex and Laura as it was a very unceremonious dumping, which I thoroughly approve of! :D The older couple who came on were an absolute hoot too, I hope they win the whole thing, it was lovely :)
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to see Laura go. Alex on the other hand, good riddance!

I really didn't like those 2 boys, however I thought it a bit rich that the whole coach tried to blame them for the antics of the previous night. Are we all meant to believe the rest of them were not involved at all? Give me a break! They were all responsible otherwise they wouldn't have gotten yellow cards.

Dino and his missus both seem quite spiteful and childish to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    i dont get it whats wrong with the auntie and niece? There was that comment about "Im not bothered about the people on the coach" but I saw that more as 'i wont let anyones antics get to me' as opposed to 'im not going to try to make any friends'.

mother and daughter are lame, "you know when you see someone and you instantly dont like them" what a *****.

charelle camera angles on the horse werent good enough.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,548
    Forum Member
    seellee wrote: »
    Sad to see Laura go. Alex on the other hand, good riddance!

I really didn't like those 2 boys, however I thought it a bit rich that the whole coach tried to blame them for the antics of the previous night. Are we all meant to believe the rest of them were not involved at all? Give me a break! They were all responsible otherwise they wouldn't have gotten yellow cards.

Dino and his missus both seem quite spiteful and childish to me

Agree and said as much in an earlier post.

When one of the older couple who have now gone said about Cherelle about being loud she said she was "not changing" No way were they nothing to do with the manager complaining about the noise.
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    They are so boring, those 2 boys were right about them. 2 dullards just hope they don't win.

Bradley and Ottavio had zero self-awareness, which made for some great comedy moments when they denounced other people as "stupid", "dull" and "lacking charisma". You need more than glitter to be glamorous, boys! I could watch the clip of Bradley declaring that he was exciting over and over again.
  • KIZZY007KIZZY007 Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    The best episode so far, apart from what has already been mentioned, for me the look on the face of the old lady on the zipwire was a joy.
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    KIZZY007 wrote: »
    The best episode so far, apart from what has already been mentioned, for me the look on the face of the old lady on the zipwire was a joy.

Unless Will and Craig are voted off at the final hour I expect and think they deserve to win on Friday but if it went to anyone else it would be nice if they voted for her so she could get to do a full tour (without the voting stresses) after her illness last time and short visit this time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank god Will and Craig are safe!

Good riddance to the two annoying brats

TBF the shorter of the two did seem like a nice enough boy... it was the other one that caused the problems... mind yo that often seems to be the way. Mouthy one, nice one.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    It's a shame that they can't vote off one half of a couple. It would have been interesting to see how Bradley (who they seemed to like) would have done without Ottavio (who seemed to get up everyone's noses), or Paul who seemed quite Ok but was pulled down by Belinda.

I didn't get why B&O were so down on Willl and Craig.... They seem to get on OK with most of the coachees - and they were helping the ladies off the bottom of the zip wire while B&O just stood there. I also don't see why there was such instant dislike to the aunt and niece from at least 2 of the couples - what's wrong with them?
  • Rufus KnightsRufus Knights Posts: 3,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say i'm very disappointed in how Brendan has conducted himself over the last of days. He really can be a right diva at times.

His reaction to the hotel manager complaining was totally over the top. To hand out a yellow card to everyone and ultimately throw Alex and Laura off the coach was utterly shameful. It was obvious from everyone on the coach that the two people who were responsible were the two hideous looking chaps (forget their names) with make-up.

This is the type of scatter gun approach we've come to expect from Brendan when he's on a power trip. It really is all about him at times. You could tell something was brewing with his comments the previous night. It was almost as if he had decided the young people were stealing his limelight and he was going to do something about it.
  • justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    theid wrote: »
    Bradley and Ottavio had zero self-awareness, which made for some great comedy moments when they denounced other people as "stupid", "dull" and "lacking charisma". You need more than glitter to be glamorous, boys! I could watch the clip of Bradley declaring that he was exciting over and over again.

They confused having a personality with wearing strange clothes and glitter. But they still had zero personality or charisma and were complete duds. It made it all the more risible seeing them condemn someone else for being dull, boring and stupid!

If they are serious about selling themselves as interesting and out there, then I strongly suggest that they review these episodes and give an impartial opinion of what they are seeing. If nothing else they should realise that wacky clothes don't replace having a personality. And if they had a real personality they could have been wearing bin liners and people wouldn't have minded.
  • fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justatech wrote: »
    They confused having a personality with wearing strange clothes and glitter. But they still had zero personality or charisma and were complete duds. It made it all the more risible seeing them condemn someone else for being dull, boring and stupid!

If they are serious about selling themselves as interesting and out there, then I strongly suggest that they review these episodes and give an impartial opinion of what they are seeing. If nothing else they should realise that wacky clothes don't replace having a personality. And if they had a real personality they could have been wearing bin liners and people wouldn't have minded.

Can you imagine them on Celeb Jungle? Ant and Dec would make mincemeat of them!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't say I blame them. The niece comes across a little smug and full of herself. But, I'm not really keen on the others either.

hairdresser and part time DJ .... that well known career path :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On another note, gutted that Alex and Laura were booted out, loved them :(

she was tolerable, he was like something that wouldn't flush.
    Happy to dish it out at the vote not so happy to take it.... just came across to meas a bit of a dick.
  • justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say i'm very disappointed in how Brendan has conducted himself over the last of days. He really can be a right diva at times.

His reaction to the hotel manager complaining was totally over the top. To hand out a yellow card to everyone and ultimately throw Alex and Laura off the coach was utterly shameful. It was obvious from everyone on the coach that the two people who were responsible were the two hideous looking chaps (forget their names) with make-up.

This is the type of scatter gun approach we've come to expect from Brendan when he's on a power trip. It really is all about him at times. You could tell something was brewing with his comments the previous night. It was almost as if he had decided the young people were stealing his limelight and he was going to do something about it.

Not the case. Even from the edited highlights it was clear that all of the coachees were loud trying to outdo Ottavia and not considering the effect on other guests. It's clear that they were all involved and hence all culpable.

In my opinion Bendan acted in a firm but fair manner and if Alex and Laura wanted to stay in the coach they should have listened to Brendan's complaint the previous morning when he clearly expressed his annoyance at the complaints from the hotel manager and his intention not to put up with it.

If they were stupid enough or arrogant enough to think that they could continue with the same behaviour unscathed, then they soon found they were wrong. Serves them right.
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see the back of Alex and Laura, especially him. He can go home and take that bandana off now which must need a good wash considering it seems to have welded to his head for the last couple of weeks! :o

I thought this had another week to go but seems its ends Friday. I hope none of the existing get to stay on for the next trip, I'd prefer a whole new bunch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode yesterday evening. Really glad to see the back of Alex. He had become unbearable recently. As others have pointed out, well able to dish out the criticism but not able to take it. Glad to see the back of the "fashion" students too. Bradley seemed okish but the other one horrible and deluded. I hope Will & Craig win, have liked them from day 1. They seem like regular blokes and I do like their sense of humour.
  • teacup333teacup333 Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    I really like Will and Craig. They have a dry sense of humour and I'd love to have them as friends :)

hope they win
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't follow any of the people on the coach on Twitter but was determined to find out what happened off camera. I wasn't buying that none of them were involved in the previous nights antics and I felt they scapegoated those two idiot boys. Especially when you consider the previous night Dino et al were boasting about how loud they were and what a good time they had.

Here's what Laura said:

"Production fixed vote so it ended like that, I don't blame @Ottavviooo, we all argued off camera causing stress in hotel and he did apologise"

Interesting that the rest of the coach took the standpoint they did.
  • flyonthewallflyonthewall Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teacup333 wrote: »
    I really like Will and Craig. They have a dry sense of humour and I'd love to have them as friends :)

hope they win

They remind me of Paul and Matt in some ways, with a dry sense of humour. Only Paul was more devious.

And it proves you can be normal in amongst the loud and eccentric couples, if you have a good sense of humour. But, at this late stage, definitely since Belinda and Paul were voted off, it's been evident a voting alliance has formed. I can't see that changing despite Alex and laura going. I predict the aunt and niece will get a landslide, or maybe a tied vote could send one of the alliance home, given the fact they all have yellows.
  • flyonthewallflyonthewall Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brad and friend were annoying, but they probably had some indication they were the next targets. No matter what happened, the group would have ganged up on them. The mum and daughter obviously joined in to save themselves.

Alex and laura clearly took over after Carole and Ann left, and I have a feeling belinda was on to them. Maybe that's another reason the group targeted belinda and Paul.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theid wrote: »

BIB - I wonder how old they will be when they realise that putting glitter on your face does not give you a personality :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    TBF the shorter of the two did seem like a nice enough boy... it was the other one that caused the problems.
    Imo? Miserable shit. If he smiled, it was noticeable because it was such a rare event. It's like he was some sort of plague era person walking around with a pomander under his nose because of the smell.
    There's a certain type of pointless individual who just thinks their life is the pinnacle of existence and wander about expounding it to everyone whether they want to hear it or not while actually having no individuality of their own or redeeming qualities.
    Then there's people who get it's a vacuous persona and play it to the hilt whatever the consequences.
    Bradley's the first - he's a miserable queen and always will be. Ottavio is a drama queen with some style, just one that gets right up people's noses. He knows it and he's (almost) willing to take it.
    Only one of them has the balls to do something different because they have the mentality to. ;-)
    I'm in trouble ... :D
    His reaction to the hotel manager complaining was totally over the top.
    He's only done what you'd expect. The hotels are hardly likely to agree to the storyline if it wasn't true - are you saying it was manufactured? By two hotels?
    And isn't it good telly anyway?
    On top of that - this is finally CT production acknowledging that Brendan is the star of the show. He deserves it too. as you said - It really is all about him at times.
    This is the type of scatter gun approach we've come to expect from Brendan when he's on a power trip.
    :confused::confused::confused: examples?
    You could tell something was brewing with his comments the previous night. It was almost as if he had decided the young people were stealing his limelight and he was going to do something about it.
    Narrative, superbly played. The coachmates gave an opportunity and the production team took it beautifully - great editing build up over several days.