Options

Which Actors/Actresses would you like to see join a soap?

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
simple question , which actor or actress would you like to see join one of the soaps(eg Corrie , Eastenders , Emmerdale and Hollyoaks) and which actors and actresses can you see be suited to a soap?

Comments

• Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    I've said it time and time again but I'd love Claire King in EE.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to see Micheal Caine in Eastenders.
    Julie Walters in Eastenders and Joan Collins in Emmerdale playing a rich woman who buys Home farm from Declan
    In Hollyoaks, Natalie Cassidy
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see Jennifer Saunders or Kathy Burke in EE as The slobs :D
  • Options
    enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've said it time and time again but I'd love Claire King in EE.

as a new villian perhaps?
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eva Pope would be great I think
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member
    EE certainly needs a female bitch in her forties or fifties. Any character played by Claire King would be compared to Kim Tate so much though that I don't think it's worth it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Joanna Lumley in ED. Obviously in home farm. Think it could be epic!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If Joanna Lumley was going back to a soap then it should be corrie! They should bring back all of Kens exes at once just to see the veins on Deidres neck shake!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always wanted Gary Lucy in Eastenders :D I hope Danny becomes a full-time character.

Matt Willis (ex-Busted member and also an actor) would be great in Eastenders too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There were rumours that Matt was going to be one of the Moon Brothers. Such a shame that didn't happen!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    If Joanna Lumley was going back to a soap then it should be corrie! They should bring back all of Kens exes at once just to see the veins on Deidres neck shake!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member
    I've said this before but I'd love to see Linda Robson in EE :), she'd suit it so much I think!

And I agree it'd be great to see Claire King in another soap aswell.

I'd love to see Sean Pertwee in any soap because he's so bloody gorgeous:p!! Lol. He was in a film that Nina Wadia made last year and I was hoping she'd persuade him to come on EE!!
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see Hannah Murray in a soap maybe Emmerdale.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,940
    Forum Member
    Agree about Linda Robson, she could be a relative of Poppy's or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've said this before but I'd love to see Linda Robson in EE :), she'd suit it so much I think!

And I agree it'd be great to see Claire King in another soap aswell.

I'd love to see Sean Pertwee in any soap because he's so bloody gorgeous:p!! Lol. He was in a film that Nina Wadia made last year and I was hoping she'd persuade him to come on EE!!

Sean Pertwee is an interesting choice, i bet he would do well on EE as a sophisticated gangster type character.

Linda Robson is a name that I have seen suggsetd for ee quite a lot, I'm not sure she could pull off the drama as she is actually quite a wooden actress. That said I'd be willing to see how she does, but really we need more men of that age group. Carol, Jean and Shirley need an older love interest.

Graham Cole, the Bills Tony Stamp is someone I'd really like to see in EE. He is the right age group, is a londoner and has experience at working on a continuing drama so I think he'd suit the show really well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sean Pertwee is an interesting choice, i bet he would do well on EE as a sophisticated gangster type character.

Linda Robson is a name that I have seen suggsetd for ee quite a lot, I'm not sure she could pull off the drama as she is actually quite a wooden actress. That said I'd be willing to see how she does, but really we need more men of that age group. Carol, Jean and Shirley need an older love interest.

Graham Cole, the Bills Tony Stamp is someone I'd really like to see in EE. He is the right age group, is a londoner and has experience at working on a continuing drama so I think he'd suit the show really well.

Mmmm Sean as a gangster, I like that idea!! Lets face it , they could do with a convincing gangster the next time they inevitably bring one in, after the joke panto gangster Derek leaves:yawn:!

I agree Graham Cole could be good, he could be the love interest for one of those you've just mentioned:)!
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ashley Slanina Davies should get to Corrie!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mmmm Sean as a gangster, I like that idea!! Lets face it , they could do with a convincing gangster the next time they inevitably bring one in, after the joke panto gangster Derek leaves:yawn:!

I agree Graham Cole could be good, he could be the love interest for one of those you've just mentioned:)!

Jesse Birdsall is another that could pull off sophisticated gangster, I would like to see him return at some point so we can find out more about his character John.

I would introduce Graham as a plumber, make him a regular in the vic as someone who just comes in, has a quick pint and does the crossword. He's a bit of a trivia wizard, we could easily see the likes of Carol, Shirley and Jean fawn all over him and it'd be great seeing which of them he bonds better with. He'd also be a much needed friend for Patrick. After time we find out the character has a secret (well this is ee after all), he is actually Sharons real father.
  • Options
    MrRenMrRen Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to Karen Hassan in Corrie! Such a talented actress!!!
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    enudzio wrote: »
    as a new villian perhaps?

I'd like to see her more in her Bad Girls type role, her and Linda Henry had fantastic on screen chemistry in Bad Girls. I remember one scene in particular after Yvonne's son dies, and they have a drink in the pub after being particularly spectacular.

So I'd make them kind of friends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alison Steadman as Glendas sister, she is a former nurse who after health problems has quit her profession. She comes back to Walford after spending years living up north. She decides to buy a house on the square for her and Roxy to live in. She quickly becomes the new matriach of the Mitchell clan, managing to stand up against Phil.

Kim Taylforth as Ians auntie Steph. Steph and Kathy never got on, Steph was always standing up for their abusive father and this caused a rift between the two sisters. Steph becomes someone who Ians leans on, she firmly puts herself in the cafe.

Clive Rowe as Digby the ex fiancee of Daphne Fox. He was all set to marry Daphne until Denise told him about the fact Daphne was cheating on him, hence the conflict between the two sisters. Digby then took to harrasing Denise until Owen warned him off, now Digby turns up in Walford a s alove interest for Kim. After Ray shacks up with bianca again.
  • Options
    stitcherjennystitcherjenny Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    John Simm in EE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sharon D Clarke is another who would be good for ee. Camille Coduri too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jesse Birdsall is another that could pull off sophisticated gangster, I would like to see him return at some point so we can find out more about his character John.

I would introduce Graham as a plumber, make him a regular in the vic as someone who just comes in, has a quick pint and does the crossword. He's a bit of a trivia wizard, we could easily see the likes of Carol, Shirley and Jean fawn all over him and it'd be great seeing which of them he bonds better with. He'd also be a much needed friend for Patrick. After time we find out the character has a secret (well this is ee after all), he is actually Sharons real father.

Lol:), yes he'd definitely turn out to be someones Dad anyway!!

I agree about Jesse. I was dissapointed he was only in about 3 episodes:(! What on earth was the point of hiring a well known actor for such a small role?? Although maybe he will be back at some point? it does seem as though the story was wrapped up rather quickly doesn't it? I'm sure there's more to find out yet about his relationship with Sharon:eek:!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    John Simm in EE

I agree he'd be good for ee but I don;t think ee would be good for him. He's too good an actor to be tied down in a soap. It's the same with Marc Warren, I think he would be a superb addition to ee but then i think he does well without it and he's really versatile so tying him down to one role wouldn't be a good thing.