Forum Member
    Lilylilac wrote: »
    age has nothing to do with anything.

Well it can do sometimes

Not everyone is the same
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if Thatcher had been serious about creating a genuine meritocracy and doing away with the great "us and them" class divide, I might have had more sympathy.
    But her intentions were clear from the start, she just wanted to crush the unions. I agree, the unions were a problem, but at the opposite end of social system were the privileged few who succeeded in life by an accident of birth. She did nothing to change the absurd and outdated class system in this country.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Maybe if Thatcher had been serious about creating a genuine meritocracy and doing away with the great "us and them" class divide, I might have had more sympathy.
    But her intentions were clear from the start, she just wanted to crush the unions. I agree, the unions were a problem, but at the opposite end of social system were the privileged few who succeeded in life by an accident of birth. She did nothing to change the absurd and outdated class system in this country.

BIB Whatever she might have done, I don't know how anyone could expect her to 'seriously' change the class system.
    I'm more worried about big business and lobbyists paid for by the same, to get the ear of government.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Lilylilac wrote: »
    Good, so you kind of understand what that woman did to people, Julie Goodyear is 70 odd and tries to excuse everything on her oldness, age has nothing to do with anything.

There must be some 'previous' to all this the way you're carrying on.
    Whatever the 'previous' is why not stop messing about and just get it said or just leave it alone and deal with the posts as they've been written.

The FM considers themselves working class despite owning and working in retail, YMMV, the end.
    I hope.

Right ho Van Heflin has got Robert Ryan on his case with a gun in his pocket, I suspect that won't turn out well for either of them.
    I wonder how this thread will go while I'm away, seeing how that turns out :)
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    An excellent account of the Lady's life.

This should be shown in schools, so that the next generation can see the truth behind the Left's lies.

Kinnock's inability to say why he (or subsequent Labour governments) had never attempted to reverse Maggie's reforms, spoke volumes.

And then the killer question (again to Kinnock) - was Britain a better place in 1990 than 1979?

Cue Tumbleweed - an age seems to pass while he tries to think of something, but no - nothing comes, so finally he says "if I had the statistics I'm sure I could make a case".

Wow! Even Kinnock couldn't bring himself to dispute the fact that she changed Britain for the better.

If only those around her hadn't lost their nerve, she could have made Britian the leading-light in Europe, rather than the broken and sick nation that successive weak governments had allowed the traitorous union movement to wreck.

Alas the damage of NuLab's 13 years of profligacy, now leaves us once again mortally wounded and I doubt that I will see Britain Great again in my lifetime.

But if the Country can avoid sleepwalking into another Labour disaster, there may be time to save something for the next generation.