In car camera advice needed

bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

I really want to buy a HD in-car camera unit to record to the front of the vehicle as I'm driving. However, there is one particular feature I want but I can't find it on any of the units I've seen. I want it to record continuously but allow me to touch a button that tells it to save the last 10 seconds leading up to when I pressed the button. I want this so I can capture an incident in front of me that hasn't caused me to brake hard or have a collision but instead provide evidence of dangerous driving affecting someone else.

Does such a feature exist?

Comments

• Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about that but all m y mates use a GoPro, they reckon they are the dogs!
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Have a look at the transcend pro 200.
    From what i remember it has a red button to press to capture a scene.

I've been looking to buy a dash cam and looked at this very one, but I want to leave it in the car and not have to keep taking it out every time to prevent theft,
    Why don't they make more discrete ones?
    the most discrete i have found is The Mobius, but has no screen and it's not obvious what buttons to press and would baffle my wife.
    The 'eprance 0801, 0803 0805' seem nice and small but get a lot of neg reviews it seem a bit hit and miss if you get a good one.
    It seems dash cams are in their infancy and will get better.
  • FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about that but all m y mates use a GoPro, they reckon they are the dogs!

GoPro's are not dash cams or designed to run continuously and they have a tendency to overheat, not to mention they are huge to have in the windscreen. Most decent ones have a button that allows you to record incidents independently. My Akenori, DOD and Finevue do it with single push of a button.
  • panixspanixs Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You dont really need this feature. The camera will record every thing and you can review at a later time. Everything you dont need will just be overwritten
  • artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

I really want to buy a HD in-car camera unit to record to the front of the vehicle as I'm driving. However, there is one particular feature I want but I can't find it on any of the units I've seen. I want it to record continuously but allow me to touch a button that tells it to save the last 10 seconds leading up to when I pressed the button. I want this so I can capture an incident in front of me that hasn't caused me to brake hard or have a collision but instead provide evidence of dangerous driving affecting someone else.

Transcend rive Pro
    Dome G90 (I use this which has the file save feature))
    DOD 460W

Look at Techmoans YouTube Channel HERE and his website HERE for lots of info and reviews.
  • seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Imo all of this nonsense contributes to accidents... Just take your time and keep your distance

Forget everybody else
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imo all of this nonsense contributes to accidents... Just take your time and keep your distance

Forget everybody else

That doesn't take into account the fault of others no matter how careful/good your driving is.

That's why all vehicles should be fitted with DCs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you want record an incident of bad driving that doesn't involve you ?
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    After research i found there seems to be alot of fakes around , going by customers tales.
  • bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So if someone in front has an accident, my footage would be a key witness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D because you're, not, I'm recording in case I'm involved in one.
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if someone in front has an accident, my footage would be a key witness.

Why would you want to pay out for this?
  • bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaturnV wrote: »
    Why would you want to pay out for this?

What does it matter?
    I just want it.
  • iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spend the money on therapy instead