Options

windows XP loading up problems.

stujonesstujones Posts: 1,277
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi there, not a major problem - but has become a bit of an annoying one.

My windows XP doesn't completely freeze when loading up (I can move the mouse), but it will just stay on the blue "Welcome" screen, untill I press CTRL-ALT-Delete. Once I do that, the desktop runs fine and everything is well.

Never needed to do this before, it usually goes from Welcome to the Desktop automatically. I hope there is nothing more dangerous lurking in the system. The PC is used by all the family - so I often get call upon to sort out the problem. I've tried rebooting etc, still does the same. I've run a hijackthis and ad-aware system, they did report some spyware - but still the problem persists.

On an unrelated (I think) note, I have my Windows Task Manager on the processes view and I cannot switch it to programmes view at all. I had to change it to processes about 2 years ago when I had a virus - haven't needed to use it since. But there is no option to change it back. All I have is a list of the processes (Image name, user name, session etc) and end processes. There is no tab to switch it back to programs. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    double click on the bar at the top, should give you the tabs back for the task manager.

maybe try a repair from your xp disc for the other prob.
  • Options
    stujonesstujones Posts: 1,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ewanb75 wrote: »
    double click on the bar at the top, should give you the tabs back for the task manager.

:)

Cheers, one problem sorted.

I've looked all through the windows help options - it doesn't say that. Perhaps its just too obvious.