Options

The Flavia Cacace Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    GGood Morning world!

Well - has it started snowing where you are??? The slightest covering here in the Vale, and just started in sort-of-earnest. Hope its not bad enough to stop us going to see Les Mis this afternoon.

AND - if you are off to the Tour tonight - for opening night - I hope your travel arrangements don't suffer.

So its a good day for staying indoors generally. go on, go back to bed - you know you want to.

From a friend:

" A highways agency warning said anyone travelling in icy conditions should take a shovel, blankets, sleeping bag, extra clothing, including a hat, scarf, gloves, 24hour supply of food and drink, de-icer, tow rope, petrol can, first aid kit and jump leads …..I looked a right prat on the bus this morning. "

Enjoy your day - and remember its the weekend.

JJ:):)
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    …..I looked a right prat on the bus this morning. "

Hehe, this made me laugh JJ :D

I'm staying at home by the way......;)

Keep warm everyone :)
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    jjackson42 wrote: »
    GGood Morning world!

Well - has it started snowing where you are??? The slightest covering here in the Vale, and just started in sort-of-earnest. Hope its not bad enough to stop us going to see Les Mis this afternoon.

AND - if you are off to the Tour tonight - for opening night - I hope your travel arrangements don't suffer.

So its a good day for staying indoors generally. go on, go back to bed - you know you want to.

From a friend:

" A highways agency warning said anyone travelling in icy conditions should take a shovel, blankets, sleeping bag, extra clothing, including a hat, scarf, gloves, 24hour supply of food and drink, de-icer, tow rope, petrol can, first aid kit and jump leads …..I looked a right prat on the bus this morning. "

Enjoy your day - and remember its the weekend.

JJ:):)

Haha :D.... I actually don't have any essentials in my car for emergencies and really should. In the horrendous winter we had a couple of years back, my sister and I used her car to get back and forward to work...we had to dig it out every morning using a mop and a sweeping brush which had halved in two as we didn't even have a shovel between us :o:D

We don't have any snow here yet....I don't usually want it when I have to drive in it but I'm off work until Monday now so would quite like some.

Enjoy Les Mis... It is amazing! I am dying to see it again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like there is exclusive Midnight Tango rehearsals footage on the Zalza DVD which will be good to see :) I'm quite looking forward to this DVD actually as it seems to have quite a bit on it with the actual dances, a nutrition section and now the Midnight Tango footage. :)

http://www.licensing.biz/news/10590/Zalza-dance-DVD-to-launch-on-QVC
    The DVD will also include exclusive behind the scenes footage from Midnight Tango rehearsals, which Flavia and Russell are both starring in London's West End.
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Just a quick well done to Flavia......yes, I know Louis won the first night of the SCD tour with Ola, but Flavia was his tutor and mentor from the start.....she deserves to feel pleased as well :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning world!

Are we fed up of the snow yet???

Not too much more due today. Just "flurries" is the forecast, but still bl...dy cold, Not much disappearing today, either.

So stay indoors if you can, I think. If you are on your way to the Tour, don't worry - you WILL make it, Just allow extra time.

Well done louis - first scalp of the tour last night, of course!

We all went to see Les Mis yesterday. Utterly brilliant movie, and I can't recommend it enough. Russell Crowe is still rubbish though.

Enjoy your (chilly) day

JJ :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Just a quick well done to Flavia......yes, I know Louis won the first night of the SCD tour with Ola, but Flavia was his tutor and mentor from the start.....she deserves to feel pleased as well :)

Yip, definitely Lindy :) Flavia taught him so much and the transformation in his personality from beginning of SCD until the end was astonishing too and a lot of that was down to his lovely relationship with Flav. :) She taught him well and I'm glad that of all the other pro's it is Ola who will benefit from it as she is my next fave probably :D

I can imagine their Salsa stealing every single show :D

Flavia sent a nice tweet to them both... :)
    @louissmith1989 @The_OlaJordan well done guys, had no doubt... Keep it up and enjoy. X
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning world!

Are we fed up of the snow yet???

Not too much more due today. Just "flurries" is the forecast, but still bl...dy cold, Not much disappearing today, either.

So stay indoors if you can, I think. If you are on your way to the Tour, don't worry - you WILL make it, Just allow extra time.

Well done louis - first scalp of the tour last night, of course!

We all went to see Les Mis yesterday. Utterly brilliant movie, and I can't recommend it enough. Russell Crowe is still rubbish though.

Enjoy your (chilly) day

Glad you enjoyed Les Mis JJ... I thought Russell Crowe was ok in it although not my favourite character. He has been getting a bit of a hard time in the press though about his singing which probably isn't the best. :D

No snow here yet....
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanks Karma :) The first pic is from a charity event from a couple of weeks ago for the woman who died while running the London Marathon last year. There are a lot more pics from it on the photographers website but there is a password for them and I can't remember what it is now, and the pics were mainly just of Flav getting a pic with the other guests.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning World!

Its Sunday, its cold and frosty, so go back to bed!!

Actually, its just very cold here - the snow is gradually dissappearing, except for treacherous bits on the pavement, etc. if you DO go out, watch how you walk!

Grey and boring here today - no more than flurries occasionally due here in the Vale.

Looks like Louis and Ola are knocking them dead on the tour - 3 wins from 3 so far. Well done them!

Enjoy your day, and stay warm!

• Options
    Forum Member
    We still don't have any snow here JJ but I'm pretty sure it is just waiting n me going back to work tomorrow and then it will start! :(

Yeah, Louis and Ola doing great on tour and the salsa seems to be going down a storm :) I'm looking forward to seeing it next weekend :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all! Exams now over and been chillin' (literally :p) this weekend :D Hope everyone's ok with the weather?
    Russell Grant ‏@THERussellGrant
    Now what do I do? I've been offered a massive TV series but it starts in the middle of @VFMidnightTango - can't do both - oh no!!!

This made me rather angry... If he really loves them as much as he says he won't even consider dropping them for a tv show, when they're taking such a huge risk in including him anyway...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning World!

Make the most of today's chilly start to the week. Put on loads and loads of layers, and keep them on until everything thaws out next week!

No large amounts of snow here today, but winds light and the occasional flurry.

So - the Russell dilemma! What should he do?? Like that famous Clash song - Should he stay or should he go???

Answers on a postcard, please.

Louis is up to 5 from 5!!

Enjoy your day,

• Options
    Forum Member
    Another quiet day on the thread - but not a lot going on in the world of dance on most Mondays.

Weather is just like yesterday, too. No actual snow - of the sort that lies on the ground, etc. but very cold.

We are off to London for the day - the Hollywood exhibition at the V&A.

Enjoy your day, nach....

• Options
    Forum Member
    Another quiet day on the thread - but not a lot going on in the world of dance on most Mondays.

Weather is just like yesterday, too. No actual snow - of the sort that lies on the ground, etc. but very cold.

We are off to London for the day - the Hollywood exhibition at the V&A.

Enjoy your day, nach....

Hope you enjoyed this JJ, I'd love to see it. Did you see Dorothy's famous ruby slippers? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Totally LOVE this little article in Best magazine :D

https://twitter.com/Dilly4/status/293807669507153922/photo/1

Little bit of everything in it, but I particularly love the little snippets about the engagement ♥ How romantic is Jimi, and also love answer to the 'Who has been your favourite celebrity Strictly partner' and her answer "Well Jimi is marrying me, so he is in a different category" ♥:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    Hope you enjoyed this JJ, I'd love to see it. Did you see Dorothy's famous ruby slippers? :)

Indeed we did!! + Maralyn's dress, + Audrey Hepburn's Givenchy LBD + LOADS of excellent other costumes.

JJ
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    Totally LOVE this little article in Best magazine :D

https://twitter.com/Dilly4/status/293807669507153922/photo/1

Little bit of everything in it, but I particularly love the little snippets about the engagement ♥ How romantic is Jimi, and also love answer to the 'Who has been your favourite celebrity Strictly partner' and her answer "Well Jimi is marrying me, so he is in a different category" ♥:D

Lovely article thanks for posting it Dilly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Indeed we did!! + Maralyn's dress, + Audrey Hepburn's Givenchy LBD + LOADS of excellent other costumes.

JJ

I've read a couple of articles on it and it sounds really good... Would be great to see so many iconic costumes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    freckles88 wrote: »
    Lovely article thanks for posting it Dilly

Yeah I liked it :) Hopefully we'll get some more articles now too with Midnight Tango just about to kick off. Hopefully more wedding plans will crop up in them :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Snowy World (again)

Yes - another inch of snow overnight. Not looking too horrible out there.

Of course, if you are in Yorks/Lincoln/Norfolk, etc you may want to disagree. I AM getting a little bored with the snow now. Wonder how long it will be before we get our first hosepipe ban?

Louis and Ola still batting 6 from 6!! Don't see that changing too much. Well done them.

Enjoy your day, everyone

• Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Will try and get a copy of the Best magazine at lunchtime as I couldnt read the content properly on the pic. Thanks for posting though Dilly as I don't usually look at or buy the weekly mags.

Midnight Tango starts in a week. I can't wait. [The theatre is a little further from my work than the Aldwych was last year, but still walkable.... - not sure if thats a good or bad thing!]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all

Interview with Flavia in Tesco magazine. Hope you haven't seen it already :)

http://www.tescomagazine.com/entertainment/celebrities/exclusive-interview-with-strictly-star-flavia-cacace.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    colliefan wrote: »
    Hi all

Interview with Flavia in Tesco magazine. Hope you haven't seen it already :)

http://www.tescomagazine.com/entertainment/celebrities/exclusive-interview-with-strictly-star-flavia-cacace.html

Thanks for posting Colliefan, just after seeing it myself so it hadn't been posted yet. Nice interview :)