Options

Eastenders 06/03/15: Kat's Nightmare

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Polly DoodlePolly Doodle Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I don't see the beginnings of a love triangle between Charlie and the two sisters. Charlie made it pretty clear that he doesn't want a relationship with Roxy. What happened happened when he was at a very low point and he has no intention of repeating it.

I think Roxy's attitude is much more problematic partly because it seems to form part of a pattern. She seems to pick men who are using her and/or are emotionally involved with an other woman. Alex seems to genuinely love her but they probably have a very different idea of what a long term relationship involves. Although Alex was attracted to Roxy as a mistress he is now looking for a traditional wife and mother. Similarly Roxy was attracted to Alex as a lover but I don't think she wants a man who plays an old school husband.

I don't dislike this story although I hope that Ronnie and Charlie's relationship can survive. this one incident of infidelity (particularly as this lapse was in very special circumstances) What I don't want a pregnancy story (which was hinted at in the episode). I would rather they explore Roxy's character as she deals with her feelings and allow her grow up.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    BIB: I'm sorry, but that is a disgusting thing to say about anyone. What makes people think they have the right to insult others that way, it's not funny or clever.

I feel obliged to remind you that Shirley Carter is a fictional character.
  • Options
    LilyBLilyB Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »

A fictional character who looks just like Linda Henry...
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

Her face belongs to Linda Henry and you're well aware of that.
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    I don't see the beginnings of a love triangle between Charlie and the two sisters. Charlie made it pretty clear that he doesn't want a relationship with Roxy. What happened happened when he was at a very low point and he has no intention of repeating it.

I think Roxy's attitude is much more problematic partly because it seems to form part of a pattern. She seems to pick men who are using her and/or are emotionally involved with an other woman. Alex seems to genuinely love her but they probably have a very different idea of what a long term relationship involves. Although Alex was attracted to Roxy as a mistress he is now looking for a traditional wife and mother. Similarly Roxy was attracted to Alex as a lover but I don't think she wants a man who plays an old school husband.

I don't dislike this story although I hope that Ronnie and Charlie's relationship can survive. this one incident of infidelity (particularly as this lapse was in very special circumstances) What I don't want a pregnancy story (which was hinted at in the episode). I would rather they explore Roxy's character as she deals with her feelings and allow her grow up.

I'm not sure it's going anywhere now after what Charlie said last night. I do think his head is all over the place. Roxy I think may have fallen for him though and the longer Ronnie is off screen and Dot is in Prison. It is just going to push Charlie closer to Roxy.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member

I am well aware that Shirley is a character but Linda Henry who plays her is a person and obviously has the same face. And your comment wasn't about Shirley's 'character.' If you are calling the character that then you are also applying it to the actress portraying the character.
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willows wrote: »
    I'm not sure it's going anywhere now after what Charlie said last night. I do think his head is all over the place. Roxy I think may have fallen for him though and the longer Ronnie is off screen and Dot is in Prison. It is just going to push Charlie closer to Roxy.

I thought the opposite actually. If it was done and dusted, I think the two 'never talk about it again' scenes we've already had would have sufficed.

It's clear Roxy's got feelings for Charlie, but I also think he has feelings for her too given his reaction to Aleks' suggestion that he and Roxy may start trying for kids.

Obviously they wouldn't have been in this situation had the accident not happened, and Roxy seems to be the only person Charlie has at the moment, but I don't think this plot's over yet.
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    I thought the opposite actually. If it was done and dusted, I think the two 'never talk about it again' scenes we've already had would have sufficed.

It's clear Roxy's got feelings for Charlie, but I also think he has feelings for her too given his reaction to Aleks' suggestion that he and Roxy may start trying for kids.

Obviously they wouldn't have been in this situation had the accident not happened, and Roxy seems to be the only person Charlie has at the moment, but I don't think this plot's over yet.

His reaction could have been a bit like "uh oh am I going to find myself in the middle of a who's the daddy situation" :D

Actually thinking about it. Could Roxy already have taken a test off screen and found out she was pregnant. How long ago was it anyway? could explain the " who said anything about feelings"
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »

I have to agree remarks such as ugly also refer to the actor as its their face and their body the character has. By calling Shirley ugly linda Henry has also been.the only differences are their personalities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am well aware that Shirley is a character but Linda Henry who plays her is a person and obviously has the same face. And your comment wasn't about Shirley's 'character.' If you are calling the character that then you are also applying it to the actress portraying the character.

I agree completely with this.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I agree completely with this.

Thanks. And I also couldn't disagree with SULLA more as I don't see anything wrong with how Shirley, played by Linda Henry (to clarify;)) looks.
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willows wrote: »
    His reaction could have been a bit like "uh oh am I going to find myself in the middle of a who's the daddy situation" :D

Actually thinking about it. Could Roxy already have taken a test off screen and found out she was pregnant. How long ago was it anyway? could explain the " who said anything about feelings"

Gosh I hope not! I think they slept together about a month ago though, so it is possible.

I don't think I can take eight months of a 'Who's the Daddy?' with Roxy and one of Ronnie's partners again though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. And I also couldn't disagree with SULLA more as I don't see anything wrong with how Shirley, played by Linda Henry (to clarify;)) looks.

Neither do I really. She may not be my type but she's not ugly. I actually don't think anyone in the cast is really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    Gosh I hope not! I think they slept together about a month ago though, so it is possible.

I don't think I can take eight months of a 'Who's the Daddy?' with Roxy and one of Ronnie's partners again though!

It's clear now that Roxy and Whitney will be pregnant in the coming weeks -.- sick of baby plots.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LilyB wrote: »
    A fictional character who looks just like Linda Henry...
    vald wrote: »

I said that she was looking ugly. Linda Henry clearly has the ability to make her characters look ugly. :)