The Allan Lake Show back on air via the Internet..... (Merged)

Allan Lake is back on air from tonight 7PM launching his new Radio Station at the same time. He is calling it the home of 'No Rules' Radio and is pushing it big time on his Facebook page!

www.allanlake.co.uk

Good for him not quitting all together and getting back out there and doing what he does best! Atleast this time he is his own boss and cannot be sacked? :confused:

Wales on Sunday said he has built his own studio, should be a spectacular opening! :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Aagh, what can I say.

It wont last long. He'll be too tempted to look at those 'listening stats'; and when he finds there are EIGHT people listening, he'll give up. It's soul destroying putting hours in to something that a HANDFULL of people will hear; mostly out of curiousity.

Sorry, Allan, it's time to concentrate on 'proper radio' and get some demo's out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    However its pans out for him... good luck to the guy! I'm sure his fans will be glad to hear him back on air! I first heard him Sunday mornings on Invicta last year and then Absolute Radio.

The question is can he work on FM radio anymore? At least he is not tied to any rules! Hence, 'No rules radio'...
  • ComputerComputer Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll probably give it a listen :) Good luck Allan Lake.

Wonder what's funding it though, does he have another job?

EDIT: Just cliked on the website, it looks really professional and the music is good with a good quality stream. I know it's very early days but if he gets enough live programming could this be the breakthrough internet station? The player looks better that some of those by FM stations, Allan Lake has clearly put in an effort, let's hope it pays off and he gets some interest from advertisers, he clearly has passion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    This guy is a talent. Needs to invest in getting back onto radio and not waste time on the internet. Good on him for not giving up though.
    Forum Member
    EDIT: Just cliked on the website, it looks really professional and the music is good with a good quality stream. I know it's very early days but if he gets enough live programming could this be the breakthrough internet station? The player looks better that some of those by FM stations, Allan Lake has clearly put in an effort, let's hope it pays off and he gets some interest from advertisers, he clearly has passion.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping its going to a breakthrough, I've told all my friends on twitter and facebook and in work, in the paper yesterday it said he was adding to the line up with celebrities?! Lets be honest, what other good and professional internet radio sites are out there with a talent on solely dedicated to the station?

7PM is the start of something great! :D
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll listen in but im not as optimistic as longreach.
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    Whoever you are, radiolover11, you're doing Allan a great disservice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    You can check the number of people listening here

http://sharkhosting.co.uk:7080/

I thought this guy was quite arrogant on Absolute radio and quite glad he is gone from there as I often found myself having to switch off due to his massive ego!

Wonder how he will fare online in the radio world. Well good luck to him as it is each to their own I guess some people it will be right up their street?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    You can check the number of people listening here

http://sharkhosting.co.uk:7080/

I thought this guy was quite arrogant on Absolute radio and quite glad he is gone from there as I often found myself having to switch off due to his massive ego!

Wonder how he will fare online in the radio world. Well good luck to him as it is each to their own I guess some people it will be right up their street?

This station apparently peaked at 18 listeners.
    The average listening time is 58 seconds.

It's almost unfair us having this information. Talk about kicking a man when he's down.
    Forum Member
    TO VINNIE- Oh sorry, I see have rubbed you up the wrong way, I wasnt doing a service or 'disservice' as you put it, just letting people know that Alan Lake is back on air.... and why not? He is a great Radio Talent in my opinion! God, and there's me thinking this is a forum! :p
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    TO VINNIE- Oh sorry, I see have rubbed you up the wrong way, I wasnt doing a service or 'disservice' as you put it, just letting people know that Alan Lake is back on air.... and why not? He is a great Radio Talent in my opinion! God, and there's me thinking this is a forum! :p
    Unluckily for Allan, you're absolutely right - this is a forum, and a forum lets other people see your post history. With such a low number of posts, and all of praise for the guy, anyone would think you were his publicity monkey.
    Like I say, a great disservice, and makes the poor guy look rather desperate when that's the last thing he needs.
  • FMDJFMDJ Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vinnielo wrote: »
    Unluckily for Allan, you're absolutely right - this is a forum, and a forum lets other people see your post history. With such a low number of posts, and all of praise for the guy, anyone would think you were his publicity monkey.
    Like I say, a great disservice, and makes the poor guy look rather desperate when that's the last thing he needs.

What Allan needs to do is make people aware if his show. All publicity is good publicity for something like this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Alan paid more attention to what he can and can't say he wouldn't be on internet radio, but it seems he's still ignorant of the law as he is referring to something that is Libel as Slander.

Doesn't sound like he's learned much, no wonder he only lasts 5 minutes everywhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,389
    Forum Member
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    If Alan paid more attention to what he can and can't say he wouldn't be on internet radio, but it seems he's still ignorant of the law as he is referring to something that is Libel as Slander.

Doesn't sound like he's learned much, no wonder he only lasts 5 minutes everywhere.

Are you listening to him now? He has learned that he NEEDS to be on the internet, which is why he is where he is now :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I am Mr D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the music choice, very Absolute though........:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Sam just called us geeks :mad: :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must think the listeners are idiots. They are claiming they have 1465 listeners. A quick look at the server's status page will reveal under 90 listeners: http://sharkhosting.co.uk:7080/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must think the listeners are idiots. They are claiming they have 1465 listeners. A quick look at the server's status page will reveal under 90 listeners: http://sharkhosting.co.uk:7080/

He did say for the whole day, never said they were listening now or for how long.....

Although I did think it was a big number, did Allan Lake really expect 700 on the first night?

Still, I'm liking it and will be recommending it to friends, It's a pity it clashes with Zane Lowe, Nick Grimshaw, Singing Henry and so many other good shows....
  • FMDJFMDJ Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Computer wrote: »

Still, I'm liking it and will be recommending it to friends, It's a pity it clashes with Zane Lowe, Nick Grimshaw, Singing Henry and so many other good shows....

The links are to few and far between. I may as well be listening to FM radio.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    It's not bad for a first show though, must be quite hard to promote a new web site and get people to go to it on the first night. Be interesting to see if this is an inital peak for the first night, or if it dips after tonight, or grows in audience.
  • nobjockeynobjockey Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt-08 wrote: »
    Are you listening to him now? He has learned that he NEEDS to be on the internet, which is why he is where he is now :)

I can't imagine he would rather be on internet radio, or is it a choice. Unlikely it will pay the bills either. But fair play for a hobby, but its down there with hospital radio.
  • MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I can hear on this "show" is "me" "I" "myself" "me" "I" "me" "myself" "I".

Now he's joking about mental illnesses.
  • MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duplicate
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nobjockey wrote: »
    I can't imagine he would rather be on internet radio, or is it a choice. Unlikely it will pay the bills either. But fair play for a hobby, but its down there with hospital radio.

Well the calls, he will be earning money from all the people calling, maybe some from the sponsor. But if he has to pay PRS and pay for the studio I shouldn't think it will make much.

He's talking about his breakdown after being fired from Absolute, apparently he drove to Dundee in his bare feet.