Peep Show

zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
Forum Member
✭✭
Has anyone watched the peep show tonight?? just watched it on I-PLAYER thought it was a bit boring, what is your views??:yawn:

Comments

• ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    It wasn't one of the best episodes I've seen, but it was pretty good and some of the one liners still cracked me up.
  • Timothy BryceTimothy Bryce Posts: 1,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, would have to be the poorest peep show episode of any series.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, would have to be the poorest peep show episode of any series.

just hope it gets better next week, the pregnant woman labour pain was poor acting.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised to see such a negative reaction here. I thought it was hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Hey OP,

Did you really watch this on iplayer? I think not.
  • Special K_Special K_ Posts: 6,320
    Forum Member
    He/She watched on 40D as they discussed in the general forums.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Surprised to see so much hate for the episode. While Peep Show is probably past its prime, I thought this was a decent episode. Mark wandering off to KFC and then the arcades was brilliant!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    I agree with the OP - it was a tad dull, but still watchable! Think it will pick up, but maybe it has run its course.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    There were some funny lines but it all felt very contrived, especially with SuperHans turning up at the hospital in the last few minutes. The storyline just seemed to be a strange mashup of every Friends episode set in a hospital.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    I didn't like it, and if this series is about babies I'm not watching again.
  • fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it. It wasn't as good as Peep Show used to be at its peak, but I didn't have high expectations and I was pleasantly surprised. However, I am nervous about how the rest of the series is going to pan out as I don't like the direction they've gone with Sophie / the baby.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Surprised to see so much hate for the episode. While Peep Show is probably past its prime, I thought this was a decent episode. Mark wandering off to KFC and then the arcades was brilliant!

I don't think it is getting much HATE is it? :D

Most just said it isn't their favourite episode, some still found it hilarious- I found it hilarious in parts, but I also agree it wasn't the best, seemed a bit contrived.

Not everything has to be polarised all the time :D
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It started poorly, with the peadoLOLZ, but picked up consdierably. Mark's wander off during the birth was marvellous (and they overdubbed the actual sound of the video game with the sounds from 'Defender'). I was genuinely touched at the end. Minimal water damage.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought Peep Show was absolutely hilarious. Loved it :)
  • The GeekThe Geek Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Thought Peep Show was absolutely hilarious. Loved it :)

Yeah I thought it was funny too.
  • russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought it was a great season opener, more laugh-out-loud moments for me than pretty much anything else on TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Thought this was pretty good overall, a big improvement over last series which I thought was a bit weak.

Loved Mark going walkabout during the labour, although it was a bit similar to the episode a couple of years ago when he went feral in the carpark to avoid giving a presentation. Even down to the mention of KFC.

I think I read somewhere this is going to be the last series, at least for a couple of years? I hope so, I want Mark and Jeremy to go out on a (relative) high.
  • mattwmattw Posts: 1,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think it was the best or the worst episode. Seemed to feel a bit BBC and less C4 and low risk in a way, but maybe to be expected in such an important episode. I still thought it was very funny and happy to see Peep Show's return.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    It wasn't the best episode there's been but I definitely wouldn't way it was the worst, had some funny moments and I really liked the ending.
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    It had promise...I still have faith.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark getting a KFC, then playing shoot em up' games in the arcade while Sophie was in hospital, was just fantastic.

I thought it was a genius piece of script-writing.

it's almost as if, they sorta said, well we cant have Mark acting sensible like an adult during Sophie giving birth, so we have to come up with something hysterically funny otherwise it just wouldnt be peep show.

what with Jeremy also after that other woman, I thought last nights episode was incredibally well-written.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Jeremy's disappointment when the coma bloke started moving his toe :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I thought it was terri-brill
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    Loved Jeremy's disappointment when the coma bloke started moving his toe :D

"I DEFINATELY do not hope he will die....." :D
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    I thought it was dire. If that's the best they can do for the opening episode of a new season..... dread to think how the rest of it's going to go.....

I watched it twice as I felt sure it couldn't be so badly written and the second time was even worse as the few and far between predictable 'jokes' weren't even funny.