Comments

• guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh! Is it going to be on Anytime then?

No don't think so...just going to record it..:D
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    What did everyone make of the return of the series then?

I felt it was a bit weak I am afraid, particularly Orson being very out of character throwing food.

The only bright spot was the 'who shot Paul' mystery which changed course several times over the episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite enjoyed the return of the ladies...had a few problems remembering stuff though.:( and I still miss Edie..
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It reminds me of how much I miss Orson.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed the return of the ladies...had a few problems remembering stuff though.:( and I still miss Edie..

I miss Edie, too...and Andrew:p
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did the whacking great Previously not help you?
    Forum Member
    This is the newest thread I can even find about the show...really shows how it has dipped in interest lately!

I have been a massive fan of the show, but I really hope it ends this season. The show is a tired shell of its former self.

The only good plot this season has been the Paul/Beth/Felicia plot, the rest is either dull or re-hashes of previous seasons. Tonight for example we had Andrew back badmouthing Bree just as he was doing before the 5 year jump...undoing all the character development of the last 2 seasons.

Gaby/Carlos and Tom/Lynette have done nothing of interest this season and Bree's plot has tailed off since the builder left.

I also feel Vanessa Williams has struggled to fit in as Renee (loved her in Ugly Betty) they've tried to make her the new Edie...but she has no chemistry with the main cast, and when she appears with them she seems tacked on to the end of the shot.

I'd rather remember the good times than see this show limp on.
  • Sensual LettuceSensual Lettuce Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's gonna be an 8th season, but I yeah I agree with you, it should end after that. It is a shell of it's former shelf, compared to the first three or four seasons, but I think season 7 has been the best since the five year jump.

Really good episode tonight. Felicia back on the lane is going to be awesome. Especially since there are rumours that
    Someone is murdered in the season finale :D
    Forum Member
    There's gonna be an 8th season, but I yeah I agree with you, it should end after that. It is a shell of it's former shelf, compared to the first three or four seasons, but I think season 7 has been the best since the five year jump.

Really good episode tonight. Felicia back on the lane is going to be awesome. Especially since there are rumours that

Felicia and Paul are fantastically dark and villainous and their returns has been the highlight of the series for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member

More on that spoiler;
    The rumours are true. Alejandro, Gabrielle's presumed dead step-father, the one who had been abusing her, turns up and is murdered by Carlos.

Felicia is also presumed to be killed in a bad car crash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch at American pace and I watched the season finale, it was brilliant. :)
    I was shocked that the Paul/Felicia storyline ending before the final episode though, but the murder was quite good, and the next season should be very interesting. Personally though, I would have preferred Gaby's stepfather to have been involved in the season a bit more, his death wasn't too much of a shock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if anyone else noticed in tonights episode, that when Tom was on his way to confront Carlos about buying that car after pleading lack of money, lynette came after him and told him that it was her, Tom suddenly had the key to the car in his hand
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding Vanessa Williams, the network shoved her onto the show. She's a popular actress and after they were forced to cancelled Ugly Betty, they didn't want to let her go. Desperate Housewives was easily the best fit for her but the show's producers weren't left with much time create her character and find ways to fit her into their plans for the season. Considering the character was developed in such a short period of time, I'd say they did a pretty good job. Her character will be much more involved next season, now that they've had time to properly plan her storylines.
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gmc93 wrote: »
    I watch at American pace and I watched the season finale, it was brilliant. :)
    I was shocked that the Paul/Felicia storyline ending before the final episode though, but the murder was quite good, and the next season should be very interesting. Personally though, I would have preferred Gaby's stepfather to have been involved in the season a bit more, his death wasn't too much of a shock.
    And I think Gabrielle's stepfather is Ugly Betty's dad? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will2510 wrote: »
    And I think Gabrielle's stepfather is Ugly Betty's dad? :D

That's who he is! I knew I recognised him from somewhere. He's evil. "You sick bastard".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seem to have missed a bit somewhere what has hapened to Bree's younger chap? She seems to be dating a detective.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to have missed a bit somewhere what has hapened to Bree's younger chap? She seems to be dating a detective.

If memory serves her young boyfriend discovered he was a father, and his X-girlfriend and child were moving away. Bree encouraged him to go with them as his son needed a Father.

It actually all ended very quickly, which i was pleased about as the fit between him and Bree never felt right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    If memory serves her young boyfriend discovered he was a father, and his X-girlfriend and child were moving away. Bree encouraged him to go with them as his son needed a Father.

It actually all ended very quickly, which i was pleased about as the fit between him and Bree never felt right.

Thanks very much..I seem to have missed that bit, I knew there was a child but didn't see him leave!
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Im loving this series, it has me gripped and alot of LOL moments :D

I love my weekly dose of Desperate Housewives :D

Im tempted to watch the remaining episodes online but another part of me tells me not to :o:p
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    out of intersest.

Gabby or Carols, and not who would you want to sleep with, but for the most part (as the title suggets) the wives lead, and the husbands are the supporting characters (in TV terms), but am I the only one who thinks that, that no longer holds true for Carols?
  • LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding Vanessa Williams, the network shoved her onto the show. She's a popular actress and after they were forced to cancelled Ugly Betty, they didn't want to let her go. Desperate Housewives was easily the best fit for her but the show's producers weren't left with much time create her character and find ways to fit her into their plans for the season. Considering the character was developed in such a short period of time, I'd say they did a pretty good job. Her character will be much more involved next season, now that they've had time to properly plan her storylines.

I will be happy to see her with better storylines as her charcter seems a bit underwritten and Edie like.
    She should have been given children , too.

I hope Lynette isn't heading for a divorce. I still love Gabby and Carlos , they look like a real couple and have a great chemistry.
    I love the fact the Gabby's children are..a bit plain:o
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd bump this thread since tonight E4 aired the season finale.

What did you think of it?

I think this season - certainly the latter half has been the best since the 5 year jump. The show seems to have gone back to it's roots with decent believable villians, a good mix of comedy etc..

The one thing that does annoy me is the Tom/Lynette story line. It seems too rushed? Maybe or a little forced. I'm just not into that story line.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the rumors that the actresses playing susan and i think its either lynette or bree leaving after next season. will the show carry on. i think there will be another 2 series and then it will end. it will be a shame though because i will miss it.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the scavos separating seemed forced as they always had great chemistry. IMO

Wasn't a fan of them hiding the body and then all is forgiven with Bree hmm.

Gabby's showdown with her step father in the woods was emotional and well acted. It was a little predictable how it was going down bit enjoyable all the same

Renee and her new boyfriend and the watch mode, was hilarious

It has been a very good series this year
  • Sensual LettuceSensual Lettuce Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Strawberry sauce gets everywhere".

Love it!!! :p Good finale, first half was a little dull but that's probably because I was anticipating the last part :D Really dark, and a little out of character for the housewives, however it will make for excellent viewing next year. I know I'll be gripped. If this is the last season, then they going out with a bang.