The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to hold off and just watch it all on Saturday. I'm not expecting much anyway.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Russia to have an internal selection. (esckaz)

That leaves UK and Cyprus as broadcasters that have said nought.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I think Cyprus will maybe go for Nikki Ponte- she's the obvious continuation of Ivi!
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Cyprus already say they'll send Despina Olympiou, though it's not been quite "officially" confirmed yet? :confused:
    E.g. wikipedia says she is the Cypriot representative: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Despina_Olympiou.

Btw, anyone going to watch our 2nd chance show tonight? Didn't think so :D I probably will just watch the results, not that they matter much, as the winner surely won't be among them. I wish it was the Final already...!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Didn't Cyprus already say they'll send Despina Olympiou, though it's not been quite "officially" confirmed yet? :confused:
    E.g. wikipedia says she is the Cypriot representative: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Despina_Olympiou.

Btw, anyone going to watch our 2nd chance show tonight? Didn't think so :D I probably will just watch the results, not that they matter much, as the winner surely won't be among them. I wish it was the Final already...!

Won't watch Finland rather pointless :(

Despina hasn't been officially confirmed and shouldn't be on the wiki at all. We have some on twitter that work for the broadcaster saying yes it's her others working there saying it isn't :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't watch Finland rather pointless :(

Despina hasn't been officially confirmed and shouldn't be on the wiki at all. We have some on twitter that work for the broadcaster saying yes it's her others working there saying it isn't :D
    Well, that is confusing ;)

Yeah, I agree it's rather pointless - I wish they had scheduled the Final for this weekend already!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that is confusing ;)

Yeah, I agree it's rather pointless - I wish they had scheduled the Final for this weekend already!!

Do they get a profit of phone calls in Finland? If so is that the reason:D

Damn spoke to soon about rumours for us :mad::mad: We may have the singing, bicycling, cola advetising, duck for us :eek:
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duffy?
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    I love this is the third MGP semi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfiS9U4780U

Bombo or Berger for Malmo!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Duffy?

Yes :D:D They really think a Grammy winner from less than 5 years ago would take part in Eurovision :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they get plenty of profit, voting calls & texts being a whopping 1 Euro each :mad:
    Probably more expensive than anywhere else... :rolleyes:

(Or then we just have to have a 2nd chance because Sweden does, too :p)
    Damn spoke to soon about rumours for us :mad::mad: We may have the singing, bicycling, cola advetising, duck for us :eek:
    A duck...? Who's that, a friend of Dustin the turkey...? :p
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes :D:D They really think a Grammy winner from less than 5 years ago would take part in Eurovision :D

Aww would love Duffy to do it, she named her album and song after my area, don't know why though its a shit hole :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Aww would love Duffy to do it, she named her album and song after my area, don't know why though its a shit hole :D

To be fair I do like her just not that sound she made on Well Well Well :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member

I will so I can watch Elina again, even though I will also get to watch her inevitable failure to reach the final...
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member

She was rejected from a place on the judging panel of the Voice of Australia in favour of Ricky Martin.

She has no place to be choosy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was rejected from a place on the judging panel of the Voice of Australia in favour of Ricky Martin.

She has no place to be choosy!

Her flat burnt down as well so anything to get a roof over her head :D:D
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I get the feeling you're starting half these rumours yourself pingu. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the feeling you're starting half these rumours yourself pingu. :D

Saw a load of people talking about it on FB as if it was fact :D:D. This one meant I could use the duck joke :D:D I ignore boring ones :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    I love this is the third MGP semi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfiS9U4780U

Bombo or Berger for Malmo!

winner for Norway!!! So damn catchy! Can definately see this being a summer hit across Europe if it gets through for Norway and does well.
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Anyone else watching Finland? I really like the sound of 'Saturday Night Forever'. I'm a sucker for upbeat pop punk. :D

EDIT: Clearly just me watching then. :D Elina sounding really good with 'He's Not My Man'.
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    Anyone else watching Finland? I really like the sound of 'Saturday Night Forever'. I'm a sucker for upbeat pop punk. :D

EDIT: Clearly just me watching then. :D Elina sounding really good with 'He's Not My Man'.

I'm watching -- this is the 2nd chance final isn't it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member

Gah! Was late getting home from work! Gutted I missed Elina already :(
    contejas wrote: »

Yes
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving this new Melfest stage.
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    contejas wrote: »

Yeah. Our favourite Flag song is in it
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    globbits wrote: »
    Gah! Was late getting home from work! Gutted I missed Elina already :(

That's why I didn't respond to missy as I thought there was going to be a gushing from the globster...:D
This discussion has been closed.