Options

Ragdoll Cats

Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does my cat look like he has Ragdoll in him, I got him from the RSPCA so when someone told me looked like one I didn't believe them.

What do others think?

[URL=]http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p722/Pandora9995/IMG_1426_zpsbc915c39.jpg[/URL]

[URL=]http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p722/Pandora9995/IMG_1414_zps4b347bab.jpg[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea but it is a beautiful cat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea but it is a beautiful cat.

Thanks he is quite cute but very naughty :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is his coat silky or just fluffy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    orangebird wrote: »
    Is his coat silky or just fluffy?

Both I think, he leaves white fluff everywhere ... my husband sat down in a chair he had been on and his best suit was covered in white fluff ... he was not happy at all :D
  • Options
    Dave1979Dave1979 Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora 9 wrote: »
    Both I think, he leaves white fluff everywhere ... my husband sat down in a chair he had been on and his best suit was covered in white fluff ... he was not happy at all :D

It's the price you pay. We have 2 raggies and gave up long ago but the lint roller comes out for special occasions
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely cat.

He's such a poser in the second picture. :D
  • Options
    Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your cat is gorgeous,
    It is very hard to tell what breeds are in a cross breed, I have a cat who i was told is a ragdoll cross (and the vet seemed to agree) he's definitely got some traits and his fur is like no other cat ive ever owned but we'll never know for sure...he was abandoned at my home by a family member but i managed to trace the original owners who said the mum was ragdoll cross.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177416@N04/8686152094/in/photostream
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177416@N04/8685028227/in/photostream
    sorry for sharing but i just cant help myself!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    I will take the opportunity to apologise to the op, I did believe your cat was made up (this is presuming the photos are of your cat), so for that i am sorry. however I still believe the stories about the cat are fictional, or you should not be keeping animals. I hope it the former.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost_Soul wrote: »
    Your cat is gorgeous,
    It is very hard to tell what breeds are in a cross breed, I have a cat who i was told is a ragdoll cross (and the vet seemed to agree) he's definitely got some traits and his fur is like no other cat ive ever owned but we'll never know for sure...he was abandoned at my home by a family member but i managed to trace the original owners who said the mum was ragdoll cross.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177416@N04/8686152094/in/photostream
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177416@N04/8685028227/in/photostream
    sorry for sharing but i just cant help myself!

He is a beautiful cat :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    I will take the opportunity to apologise to the op, I did believe your cat was made up (this is presuming the photos are of your cat), so for that i am sorry. however I still believe the stories about the cat are fictional, or you should not be keeping animals. I hope it the former.

The stories were not made up ... cats can be entertaining and this one is quite a character. I will put more pictures on as he gets bigger just to prove he is infact my cat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How old is he, Pandora?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How old is he, Pandora?

I am not sure to be honest ... I think about 8 months by how big he is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure to be honest ... I think about 8 months by how big he is.

He's wonderful. But (and I know this might sound really crazy!) does he have eyebrows? I think what makes his face great is it looks like he's raising one in the last picture you posted! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's wonderful. But (and I know this might sound really crazy!) does he have eyebrows? I think what makes his face great is it looks like he's raising one in the last picture you posted! :D

When we first got him my son said he looked like Gizmo the gremlin and I was tempted to call him that :D
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    He is beautiful but doesn't really look like a raggie.

If his fur feels like the softest rabbit you have ever touched, he might be.

My raggie cross has fur like velvet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »

Yes it is very soft like rabbit fur. My last cat had persian in him but his fur was nothing like this cats.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »

not that i am getting involved in another pandora and cat thread it could be part ragamuffin not ragdoll as they can have any colour fur and eyes
  • Options
    lem ramsaylem ramsay Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice cat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    not that i am getting involved in another pandora and cat thread it could be part ragamuffin not ragdoll as they can have any colour fur and eyes

Why bother to add to my thread then? ;)
  • Options
    MARI XXMARI XX Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    That is a beautiful cat but not a Ragdoll, they always have blue eyes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARI XX wrote: »

I did ask if he had Ragdoll in him at the beginning of the thread. I realise he wouldn't be a full Ragdoll or the RSPCA wouldn't be putting him up for adoption they would have sold him for much more that £50 which is what I paid for him.
  • Options
    Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARI XX wrote: »

all you have to do is google ragdoll cross and you'll see many pictures of cats with ragdoll in them without blue eyes...my cross doesnt have blue eyes, his mum did though.
  • Options
    hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    I did ask if he had Ragdoll in him at the beginning of the thread. I realise he wouldn't be a full Ragdoll or the RSPCA wouldn't be putting him up for adoption they would have sold him for much more that £50 which is what I paid for him.

He might be a full Ragamuffin kitten though and they are very expensive.

Difficult to tell without papers, but your cat's head, eyes and nose suggest Ragamuffin more than Ragdoll heritage to me.

This is a champion muffy:
    http://www.ragamuffin.cc/forest2.jpg

Bit here on differences:
    http://www.heavenlymuffins.com/differences.htm

In any case, he's lovely. Sturdy chap-I think he's going to be a big boy. Nice to see Lost Souls chap developing too! I hope you both keep posting pictures as it's interesting to watch kittens grow.
  • Options
    Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭