Options

Tom Odell Appreciation Thread

TellyGrannyTellyGranny Posts: 51
Forum Member
I couldn't find one so thought i'd start one!

I went to see him on the last night of his Long Way Down tour last night in Sheffield and though he was fab! I liked his album and booked to go and see him with my friend because we thought it was very reasonably priced at £12, but we weren't expecting it to be as good as it was. Loved it.

Any other fans?

Comments

• Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    he is bit of an enigma to me....

i think he is uber talented but the brit school and brits thing have pushed him to avenues and pressures that he didn't need....the R1 push seems relentless and can be too much at times and off-putting.... just let him evolve and be himself...

'another love' is a song of great magnitude and actually deserves many awards.
    His album is a good album and great and amazing in places.
    His cover of Lana Del Rey's aVideo Games in the live Lounge this week was simply sensational and sublime! He is someone to watch and I have no doubt will release amazing albums as a true talent.

yes i am a fan :)
  • Options
    TellyGrannyTellyGranny Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I agree, there was a lot of hype around him last year especially after the whole Critics choice award which he probably still haven't lived up to. But I love him. I don't listen to too much R1 so can't comment too much on their airplay/celebration of his music.

But I love him. Find him quite attractive as well :blush:
  • Options
    Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only heard Another Love, its such a brilliant track, i don't imagine i'd enjoy a whole album though.