Options

Storage Wars on Dave

Comments

• Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    logansdad wrote: »
    What happened to the Blonde woman from Storahe Wars Texas? Was she bumped for a younger model?

miss Lesa was replaced due to the guy that went to the auctions with her having a criminal record

well that is the excuse giving online more likely they wanted an attractive young blonde
  • Options
    surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    I know, it's weird when real life actually happens in these shows, was anything ever said on the programme about it?

They might in series 4 when it's broadcast over here.
    Mark was certainly in that as they is a clip of him on the with Darryl telling him he found a load of artwork in series three, that was said to be worth several hundred thousand dollars.

It looks like though that series 4 they are trying out a load of new faces as a potential replacement for Hester
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    I know, it's weird when real life actually happens in these shows, was anything ever said on the programme about it?

I havent seen anything, but I hope they do.
    As you say, this is real life and not like in soaps when people disappear with no further mention!

On a lighter note... I love seeing what contraption Barry turns up in:)
  • Options
    surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    I havent seen anything, but I hope they do.
    As you say, this is real life and not like in soaps when people disappear with no further mention!

On a lighter note... I love seeing what contraption Barry turns up in:)

And his smutty remarks about Brandi he makes sometimes, especially about Brandi.
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show on dave is perfect channel hopping material. I agree it's really staged especially the fights between bidders, that redneck couple really do my head in when they fight with T Money and just about everyone else. I believe they're quite rich though.

The 'hidden' thing in the storage bin which could be a turkey or worth loads is crafty and adds to the entertainment but I'm sure again, it reeks of a fix
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surfie wrote: »
    There again the rumours are Barry is very well off and can afford to throw away money.
    There have certainly been a number of instances where Barry has either found a work of art which has been worth a fair bit of money or he's had something turned in to a valuable work of art, and has then decided to keep it for himself thereby ending up with a loss.
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave Hester is a great 'baddy'. How does he 'force' others out of business? Does he make them bid against their will?
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member

What about him ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Button62 wrote: »
    What about him ?

He comitted suicide in Feb.
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Oh blimey, I hadn't heard that. I always thought he was a bit of a nob, but that's just awful.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've become horribly hooked on this and Storage Hunters on Dave. I've actually missed the start of the new season on History actually, but I've series linked it for Tuesday - lucky really because it's apparently the episode where Darrell Sheets makes his first appearance after landing the $300,000 lot of art from last season.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My missus loves Storage Hunters, its very "staged" though. Prefer the Lizard Lick Towing programme personally.

Lizard Lick is awesome :)
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Lizard Lick is awesome :)

Yeah I'm strangely addicted to that show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hunters does seem more staged than Wars, although Wars does seem to go more for the pantomime aspect with each person being given a suitable 'handle'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've become horribly hooked on this and Storage Hunters on Dave. I've actually missed the start of the new season on History actually, but I've series linked it for Tuesday - lucky really because it's apparently the episode where Darrell Sheets makes his first appearance after landing the $300,000 lot of art from last season.

That was amazing, sooooooo glad it wasnt Hester:p

I am now hooked on Shipping Wars (Roy is a t*t), as well as Storage Wars/Hunters and Pawn Stars Vegas/Cajun, American Restoration....
    History Channel..I hate you:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was amazing, sooooooo glad it wasnt Hester:p

I am now hooked on Shipping Wars (Roy is a t*t), as well as Storage Wars/Hunters and Pawn Stars Vegas/Cajun, American Restoration....
    History Channel..I hate you:D

Hester annoys me. I think in all the episodes i've watched recently, he's been lucky more than anything.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a hard job believing this is "real." The number of padlocks which are identical, should be a bit of a clue, as well as the fact that amongst "a host of extras" the "usual suspects" win the auctions, with just a few additions to make it look honest.
    But it is slightly addictive.

"The Green Mile," the man with the bolt cutter, a reference to Michael Clarke Duncan, who made his name in that film and was most recently in the TV series, "The Finder" died suddenly, only a year ago, so I suspect these programmes were made earlier than that.
    If not, it's a bit of bad taste.
  • Options
    Forum Member

sorry to be a bit pedantic but again its storage wars on history and storage hunters on dave, dont think hunters has ever featured on history channel only ever seen it on dave :p

there is a new series starting of wars this month along with counting cars, american pickers, shipping wars and ice road truckers

edit: storage wars seems to be a continuation going by the epg but they are advertising it as a new series
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a hard job believing this is "real." The number of padlocks which are identical, should be a bit of a clue, as well as the fact that amongst "a host of extras" the "usual suspects" win the auctions, with just a few additions to make it look honest

I suspect they're both bastardised from what actually goes on in real life. If they made a series about the real storage locker auctions that go on, i suspect it would be as dull as dishwater.

I think Wars is more believable than Hunters though - I watched an episode of Hunters where one of the "good ol' boy" characters got into an actual physical altercation with Brandon Bernier and his 'punishment' was being banned from the auctions for a month - I couldn't see that ever happening in reality.
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    sorry to be a bit pedantic but again its storage wars on history and storage hunters on dave, dont think hunters has ever featured on history channel only ever seen it on dave :p

I did clearly say "Storage Hunters on Dave" .. I'm fully aware of the difference. Wars also features on the Bio channel as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Anyone watched auction hunters on discovery? can not get into it myself, don't like the people on it. I'm a fan of all the forementioned shows from above plus property wars. Looking forward to all the new series starting on history next week :-D.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I did clearly say "Storage Hunters on Dave" .. I'm fully aware of the difference. Wars also features on the Bio channel as well.

misread the start of your post, for some reason i didnt see the hooked to this and bit :)
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the things that annoys me is when they don't challenge some of the on-the-spot evaluations by the buyers. You see Dave Hester chucking out figures for objects like 'that's a good $400 dollars right there!' and some of them just look like utter rubbish, yet it still ticks up on their totaliser.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    One of the things that annoys me is when they don't challenge some of the on-the-spot evaluations by the buyers. You see Dave Hester chucking out figures for objects like 'that's a good $400 dollars right there!' and some of them just look like utter rubbish, yet it still ticks up on their totaliser.

That's meaningless anyway. There's no profit until the items are sold, some may sit in their shops for years, by which time the prices will have probably been reduced to make room for newer stock. It's a just an artificial scoreboard they use to give the whole thing a more competitive edge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All these storage wars type shows are sooo addicting!
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad to hear about Mark Balelo.
    I liked him and his man-bag!

They acknowledged his death a week after it happened with a black screen and an "In Memory of..." at the beginning of a rerun that had Mark in it.