Man United Supporters Thread (Part 26)

Comments

• NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barton laughing while his team are getting trounced, what a muppet!

What's the odds of him being first out of the door when the inevitable happens. I wonder which club will be daft enough to sign him up?:rolleyes:
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,461
    Forum Member
    I agree.

I hate Monday night games.

I used to love the 'old' days, when we used to stay in the CL long enough to ever be expected to play on Monday nights.:D

I loathe Monday night games - as a full time worker and a season ticket holder, a highlight of my weekend is going to watch my team.
    On a Monday (and other midweek night but I've kind of got used to them) I have to rush home from work, throw a quick sandwich down, quickly walk and feed dogs then shoot out again. Not home until after 11pm and I have to get up at 05.45. Makes me shattered for work all week.
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    City also have to play away at Arsenal before they concern themselves with us. Assuming both teams don't drop many, if any, points between now and then, anything less than a win in the fixture could be disastrous for them
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,310
    Forum Member
    Newcastle have to be my big shock of the season, I honestly felt they'd be fighting against relegation after a decent start. I'm not totally convinced they'll sustain this form next year, but credit them for what they've done so far this year.

I can see them taking a point at least off City in the run in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    Newcastle have to be my big shock of the season, I honestly felt they'd be fighting against relegation after a decent start. I'm not totally convinced they'll sustain this form next year, but credit them for what they've done so far this year.

I can see them taking a point at least off City in the run in.

Credit to Pardew really. Many fans through their hands to their head when Chris Hougton was fired and Pardew brought in. I think he's a contender for manager of the season.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping for Newcastle to snatch 5th place, and Sunderland to cheekily win the FA Cup.

I just don't want to see Chelsea in Europe next season :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for Newcastle to snatch 5th place, and Sunderland to cheekily win the FA Cup.

I hope they grab 4th. Long shot though.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »

Thing is, I think they'd get absolutely mauled in the UCL - and I'm not keen on England pissing it's UEFA co-efficient away before the tournament proper has even started.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »

So do I, as it would be nice to see a different team in the competition for once, but they will need to keep up this form, and hope for more slip ups from Chelsea and Spurs, to really get that 4th spot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me and you both.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

Me and you both.

And Me! :D:D
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please, somebody else other than Sunderland
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please, somebody else other than Sunderland

If you can nick at least a point off City in the league at your place then I might get a little black and white flag out.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can nick at least a point off City in the league at your place then I might get a little black and white flag out.;)

It's a deal, hope to see a pic as proof
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jus go out topless, isn't that what all Geordies do anyway?! :D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Only the fat ugly ones :D, plus it's got to be in the middle of winter
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As if.:p
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stories from the papers today

Sunday People

Sir Alex Ferguson has warned Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini that he's about to discover the real meaning of 'squeaky bum time'.

The Manchester United chief famously coined the phrase in 2003 during a fierce battle with Arsenal to explain the pressure that bites during a title run-in.

Mancini trotted out the line after City beat Chelsea - but Ferguson claimed last night the tense next few weeks of the race to be crowned champions will really hit home for his Italian title rival.

And with the pressure at the top cranking up, Fergie insists United have the title-winning predigree and bottle that Citys riches cant buy.

'I think Roberto will understand all about squeaky bum time in the next few weeks'.

Chris Smalling's childhood antics as a judo star have given Manchester United players the chance to come up with a new nickname. He's being called Hong Kong.... after animated
    70s superhero Hong King Phooey.

Sam Allardyce has told troubled starlet Ravel Morrison 'Its up to you whether you hit the big time or not'

The West Ham boss paid £500,000 for Morrison after Manchester United chief Sir Alex Ferguson allowed the controversial teenager to leave Old Trafford in January.

Allardyce said: 'There's been more interest in him than probably any other player I've had and he's not played a first team game yet'.

'Its still a difficult decision when to put him in because there is no record of Ravel transferring his youth talent into a first team'.

'We can guide him, but he's ultimately responsible for his own career. If he refuses to accept the guidance then his career will never take off, its as simple as that'.

Sun on Sunday

Benfica's Axel Witsel is on Manchester United's wanted list - but the Lisbon club want £20million for the midfielder.

Sunday Mirror

The two Manchester clubs are set to wage a £25 million war for Benfca winger Nicolas Gaitan.

Both United and City will watch the 24 year old in Lisbon for the Champions League first-leg tie against Chelsea on Tuesday.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is also an admirer of Gaitan and is ready to do battle with City to get his man, who would be ideal as the long-term replacement for veteran star Ryan Giggs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how on the Liverpool thread, they still think that Suarez is "top class"! :D:D

It makes me laugh soooo much! :D:D

There are far better stikers in the Championship and League One than him! :D

They just love to overinflate their players abilities, they really do. :D:D

Ah, they do make me laugh, it is nice sitting in what is left of the sun, reading their baffeling comments. :D
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,310
    Forum Member
    IAh, they do make me laugh, it is nice sitting in what is left of the sun, reading their baffeling comments. :D

I gave up trying to crack the code they use. Though as you may have seen, I've started to use one of the code names in here... 18 times, 5 times.. It translates as Liverpool.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up trying to crack the code they use. Though as you may have seen, I've started to use one of the code names in here... 18 times, 5 times.. It translates as Liverpool.

I wonder if anyone has a decoder device so we can crack their codes - then again I dont think I can be bothered.

Let them prattle on with their nonsense. :D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I even think their code would baffle Alan Turing! :D;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid mondays, really chomping at the bit for some united now.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched yesterday's city game in er, Liverpool, of all places (we were on a night out for my brother's birthday). The only problem was that the pub we were in at the time didn't have the sound on the TV, so when Stoke had that goal disallowed towards the end, yours truly was up celebrating like a loon (incidentally I wasn't alone) because I couldn't hear the whistle for the ball being out, only to realise it had been disallowed :o
  • SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,523
    Forum Member
    I noticed some posts from last night's convo disappeared. Wonder what it could be.... :D
This discussion has been closed.