Options

TNA Wrestling on Challenge TV

Comments

• Options
    DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    I think both shows they taped are for April and May.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dixie is making one of her famous company chancing announcements tomorrow on impact.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dixie is making one of her famous company chancing announcements tomorrow on impact.

Apparently it's going to be that Impact is finally going 'on the road' if you believe the various 'news' sites. The idea is that they'll do one live, one taped episode per night at each venue which is quite smart I think because it'll keep costs down.

They'll still tape shows at the Impact Zone (unfortunately), but it seems that the bulk will be elsewhere. I really hope it works for them because I do think the crowd at Universal just kills the product - i've watched PPV's with matches held in almost complete silence more times than I can remember.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently it's going to be that Impact is finally going 'on the road' if you believe the various 'news' sites. The idea is that they'll do one live, one taped episode per night at each venue which is quite smart I think because it'll keep costs down.

They'll still tape shows at the Impact Zone (unfortunately), but it seems that the bulk will be elsewhere. I really hope it works for them because I do think the crowd at Universal just kills the product - i've watched PPV's with matches held in almost complete silence more times than I can remember.

Well it's about time,they should stick to smaller venues and maybe places like Hard Rock Cafe in Vagas the Hammerstein ballroom places that will give it diffrent feel to the IZ and raw.
  • Options
    LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

About time, Dixie must of been reading my posts.

Getting out of the Impact Zone will help so much with their product, they don't have to book arenas for Impact, just book what you'll fill, thats what Nitro and Raw did back in the early/mid 90's.

I've watched ppv's and Impacts where there are literally 2-3 people chanting, it kills their product, a live paying audience will be ten times better as this weeks show will prove.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time, Dixie must of been reading my posts.

Getting out of the Impact Zone will help so much with their product, they don't have to book arenas for Impact, just book what you'll fill, thats what Nitro and Raw did back in the early/mid 90's.

I've watched ppv's and Impacts where there are literally 2-3 people chanting, it kills their product, a live paying audience will be ten times better as this weeks show will prove.

Completely agree. If this is done properly, things could snowball fairly quickly. It's going to be a gamble either way, but if, as you say, they initially stick to booking what they'll fill, the revenue will start to build and they can look at pushing the boat out once or twice for special occasions just to see how it goes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If the announcement is more Impact shows outside the Impact Zone, fair enough. It will mean hotter audiences, however last time when Spike tv were footing a large part of the bill for outside Impact zone shows, the ratings stayed the same. The Spike executives, who loved the atmosphere, didn't think it was worth the additional expense. I hope they don't just do a knee jerk decision and move the show back to the impact zone after a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    JackFoleyJackFoley Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    I think both shows they taped are for April and May.

They are. No PPV is scheduled for Challenge in February.

And I add that a new show called "TNA Backstage Pass" will start on Sunday February 10th at 11pm on Challenge. Second episode will air on Sunday February 24th at the same time. No idea what the show will be about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JackFoley wrote: »

Ahh Right. I knew the two taped PPV shows were for April and May.
  • Options
    RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    JackFoley wrote: »

And I add that a new show called "TNA Backstage Pass" will start on Sunday February 10th at 11pm on Challenge. Second episode will air on Sunday February 24th at the same time. No idea what the show will be about.

From how Magnus describes it, It seems to be like "Reaction" was, backstage stuff/exclusives. I enjoyed Reaction so looking forward to this new show.

Also, I hope this announcement from Dixie is TNA going on the road more, Its been needed for years now, The Impact Zone is burnt out, The crowd are painfully dead at times, especially when theres times in commentary where no one is talking, and all you hear is silence when matches are taking place.. It must be awkward for the wrestlers too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TNA need to do is start getting all the other program's they make on US TV,I'm sure I read a interview with Dixie that the deal with spike is now going to be in more in TNAs intrests. By that I mean TNA as more leverage at the table
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's official - TNA moving out of the iMPACT Zone altogether from March 7th.

Dirtsheets called it right apart from the fact they said they would still tape in Impact Zone, which doesn't seem to be the case, at least not for the weekly shows. There's a possibility they will continue to tape the 'One Night Only' shows in the IZ, however.
  • Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From challenge TV Facebook pages.
    There is no PPV this month (February 2013) Backstage pass is a behind the scenes doc of the TNA UK Tour
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The 14th March according to the announcement last night on Impact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX6tG4AUTr4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    It's official - TNA moving out of the iMPACT Zone altogether from March 7th.

Dirtsheets called it right apart from the fact they said they would still tape in Impact Zone, which doesn't seem to be the case, at least not for the weekly shows. There's a possibility they will continue to tape the 'One Night Only' shows in the IZ, however.

Pretty much what i said, 9 posts above yours ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So will the march 7 show be a farewell to the Impact zone?
  • Options
    RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    tomee wrote: »
    So will the march 7 show be a farewell to the Impact zone?

Probably, Just two more Impacts in the Impact Zone, I'm ridiculously looking forward to seeing what the on the road set will be!.. I hope they don't have the wheelchair ramp again..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From TNA official website.
    For the past 8 years, “IMPACT WRESTLING” has been filmed on the largest soundstage at Universal Studios Orlando. The final two shows to be filmed from the "Impact Zone" at Universal will be February 28 and March 7.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RuthStar wrote: »
    Probably, Just two more Impacts in the Impact Zone, I'm ridiculously looking forward to seeing what the on the road set will be!.. I hope they don't have the wheelchair ramp again..

They use the wheelchair ramp on Impact this week.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly related but WWE are rumoured to start airing Main Event on PickTV. They are slightly concerned over the growth TNA has over the WWE in the UK.

For me its an odd move since RAW does beat TNA quite a lot and aggregated views of all programming have WWE way way out in front and they still dominate the live market.

Still, twisted recognition for TNA
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched this weeks, and its about time those 2 came out, been obvious for eons. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Slightly related but WWE are rumoured to start airing Main Event on PickTV. They are slightly concerned over the growth TNA has over the WWE in the UK.

For me its an odd move since RAW does beat TNA quite a lot and aggregated views of all programming have WWE way way out in front and they still dominate the live market.

Do you mean PPV?

Do you have a link or are you joking?
  • Options
    LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomee wrote: »
    Do you mean PPV?

Do you have a link or are you joking?

No WWE Main Event is a newish WWE show, kind of like a poor mans Raw, I really can't stomach WWE at the moment, it's so dull.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »

RAW hardly ever beats TNA in the UK ratings :confused:

I know some people say TNA has an advantage by being on Freeview, but there are more people in an average week who watch Sky Sports 1 than Challenge, and substantially more watch all the Sky Sports channels. (Don't believe me? It's all on the official BARB website.)

And of course WWE's aggregated programming beats TNA's, seeing as TNA only really have one main show.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    RAW hardly ever beats TNA in the UK ratings :confused:

I know some people say TNA has an advantage by being on Freeview, but there are more people in an average week who watch Sky Sports 1 than Challenge, and substantially more watch all the Sky Sports channels. (Don't believe me? It's all on the official BARB website.)

And of course WWE's aggregated programming beats TNA's, seeing as TNA only really have one main show.

More people watching Sky Sports will be for football, tennis and golf. Not the secondary sports like WWE.

RAW beats TNA quite a bit which is solid considering it's widely streamed etc.

I'm not knocking TNA etc btw
This discussion has been closed.