Options

Sorry, but it's not something you can just ignore.

Comments

• Options
    JJ69JJ69 Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klaw wrote: »
    Why have the show? Just give us 12 names and we'll vote who we already like best.

I had totally different preconceived ideas of the contestants to the views I have now so that wouldn't work. Love the ones I didn't think I would and can't stand the ones I thought I'd like!
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey BS:)

He did tell Luisa he would be chucked out if he was to 'be himself' in there!:blush:

Good for him in being able to control it then.
  • Options
    JJ69JJ69 Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I couldn't stand him before he went in, I might dislike him again when he comes out, but I'm judging on what I'm watching, and Jim has been one of my favourite housemates.

Well said....I've loved him in the house and honestly think we'd have seen an even better side to him if the horrendous Linda hadn't been in there...much more interaction with the others and more fun from him. As it is, he's had to alienate himself from the housemates a lot of the time and spend time alone just to get away from her!
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But Jim hasn't managed to keep up the nice guy act. He's slipped a few times and been rather nasty.

St. Jim fans rewriting history, as per.
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    Hey BS:)

He did tell Luisa he would be chucked out if he was to 'be himself' in there!:blush:

This. Yep I heard that too.
    Cheri wrote: »
    I have family who work in prominent positions in the US Media and I have done internships and worked in some UK publications and I can say with all the confidence in the world, the press bullshit their way through 95% of their stories. There is no such thing as a close source.

I know too well that the media make stuff up all the time, but the fact that dappy told Luisa that his agent told him to keep his head down and to basically behave himself says an awful lot imo.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But Jim hasn't managed to keep up the nice guy act. He's slipped a few times and been rather nasty.

Next you will be claiming Linda is arc angel Gabriel :D
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    He did and he most probably would.

I do think he's trying to change I didn't say he was perfect. I don't think he could possibly be acting so restrained for all of this time given how he's getting it on the neck.

Yes, I've no doubt if he were his 'old' self he would have blown his top.......but I do think he's trying really hard to reign himself in.

You watch my mouth, he'll probably go off like a rocket later LOL!

;-):)

:o Whoooosh, right over the BB house:D
    jeanoj wrote: »
    Good for him in being able to control it then.

Of course it is, he's acting, just like the rest of them.:)
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was thinking more along the lines of Joan of Arc Betty;-)

:)
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking more along the lines of Joan of Arc Betty;-)

She needs to be careful then...we all know how it ended for Joan ;-)
  • Options
    BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    Jan_Byrne wrote: »
    I have heard Jim talking to other HM's about his therapy/counselling. Jim has admitted the mistakes he has made in the past and is dealing with them. Are you saying people can't change??? As for Dappy I can only go by what I see in the house as knew nothing about hm before and I think he's a prat. We've all did things that we're ashamed of but at least Jim is dealing with his

Jim's apologised for his racist material in the 70s and said he regrets it many times too. He said he had a change of heart when he congratulated a black comedian backstage on a great show and the black guy turned around and said he'd been bullied at school and called Chalkie daily because of his act.

I also don't believe he's homophobic and I say this as a gay man. He seems to genuinely like Ollie, even letting him give him a face mask and cooking for him. Brian in Hell's Kitchen provoked him in the same way Linda is and Jim just lashed out at him. I think he disliked Brian more because he's an annoying tw*t than because he was gay.

I'm not even the same person I was three years ago, people change all the time.
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member

This is what I was thinking. Especially the bit about Frank Carson; I'm not sure where people have seen this reformed Jim. I don't necessarily dislike him but I wouldn't say he's a nice person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I knew you'd agree with that Betty :)

You are on my wavelength it would appear lol.

• Options
    SuesSues Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    I know that some celebs appear on these shows to change public perception, but just because they behave themselves for a matter of three or so weeks ,surely doesn't nullify the things that they have done?
    All of a sudden Jim Davison and dappy are the best things since sliced bread. Fair enough they haven't done anything too detestable whilst in the house, but they are on TV with cameras on then 24/7, of course they are going to restrain themselves and not show their true colours, that's the reason they are there.

They haven't all of a sudden become decent people; unless all the negative press that they've gotten over the years has been lies

Bingo!!
  • Options
    bad-jojobad-jojo Posts: 1,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who decides who is a decent person and who is not and announce it? People can change.

I have seen several posts where you decided who was decent and who was not though......
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Linda went into CBB again in two years time and was acting really lovely and she stated 'I had therapy after last time, I'm really trying to be more positive and happy go lucky' etc......I'd be the first to say 'well done girl, that's better'.

I wouldn't think she was acting a nice person. I'd believe her.

Well said.

You judge a person on how you see them behave on Big Bro surely ?
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've said in many threads that Luisa is a gameplaying villain. I've never made out that's shes lovely. ^_^

Jim fans rewriting history. Who'd have thought! :kitty:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    There in there 24/7 and I would imagine people like Jim and Linda having strong personality's and opinionated couldn't fool the cameras day in and day out over such a long period.

So I think its safe to say that what you see..albeit highlights - is what they are, though with their negative tendencies more pronounced because of the environment.
  • Options
    BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    imrightok wrote: »
    This is what I was thinking. Especially the bit about Frank Carson; I'm not sure where people have seen this reformed Jim. I don't necessarily dislike him but I wouldn't say he's a nice person.

He's nice to the people who are nice to him. Simples. Why should he be nice to people who keep trying to provoke him in the hope that he'll explode at them and look bad?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well said.

You judge a person on how you see them behave on Big Bro surely ?

Well yes I do judge them purely inside the house otherwise I may as well not watch.

I don't particularly like page three girls, I don't watch TOWIE or MIC, Liz Jones' column is well ya know.......etc Dappy was just that twit from N'Dubz to me.

I've come to like Dappy, Liz, Casey.....Sam seems a lovely girl and Ollie a lovely boy etc.

I would have been turned off of watching given my pre-conceived views on those for starters. (having read about Sam for example in the paper regarding her romance with Joey or whatever).

So, I watch the programme and everyone starts with a clean slate.

Then I chose my champion from there :)
  • Options
    bbfiveneverbbfivenever Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim, Dappy and to an extent Lee have all admitted they have come in with instructions to either not be themselves or bite their tongue (or in Lee's case not talk at all)

Can't remember who Jim was talking to when he said 'Do you think i'm being myself? If i was being myself in here i'd have been kicked out first day'

So i don't think it's right to say anyone has changed. Maybe changed perception by not being true to themselves but that's another matter...

And if they can fool the public voting for them, good on them.
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am judging him as a Hm .
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boyard wrote: »
    Jim's apologised for his racist material in the 70s and said he regrets it many times too. He said he had a change of heart when he congratulated a black comedian backstage on a great show and the black guy turned around and said he'd been bullied at school and called Chalkie daily because of his act.

I also don't believe he's homophobic and I say this as a gay man. He seems to genuinely like Ollie, even letting him give him a face mask and cooking for him. Brian in Hell's Kitchen provoked him in the same way Linda is and Jim just lashed out at him. I think he disliked Brian more because he's an annoying tw*t than because he was gay.

I'm not even the same person I was three years ago, people change all the time.

I don't think Jim is even saying he's changed!! Like I have said before, he told Luisa he would be chucked out if he was to be himself.

What he is doing though, is being very good at restraining himself, and that alone is what most people are liking him for. ( imho anyway:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    I don't think he makes such a great housemate. The "grumpy" Jim arguing with others and making them feel uncomfortable (to the extent it seems Dappy no longer wants to join in) in his presence is so boring. And I'm sick of the "victim" Jim too as it is definitely a conscious effort on his part.
  • Options
    Incognito777Incognito777 Posts: 2,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So whats the point of going into the big brother if you have already decided before hand who cant win.

Everyone has a blank slate when going in the BB house, that is there chance.
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha-ha, was just thinking the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPV6kpNnr3c (posted in jest and not wishing her any harm).