• RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Interesting - Aaron in black too ...
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else notice them repeat a bit?

Yeah, that was weird!

That bird thing looks awful. And who on earth thought that calling it a name starting with 'turd' was a good idea?
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who went tonight, as I was watching GBM 2014 on t'other side :D
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elliot went.

Tomorrows looks interesting!
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They repeat bits all the time, it's just that normally Watch have taken a break so the repeat bit is the bit before and after the break. Presumably when it was shown in NZ they took a break there but Watch didn't.

Glad Aaron didn't go, I think he's entitled to one mediocre week!

I think Sushil suffered from the lack of Fijian curry cooking this time round...at least he put blood, sweat and tears into his dish. Well, sweat, anyway...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Yeah, that was weird!

That bird thing looks awful. And who on earth thought that calling it a name starting with 'turd' was a good idea?

It took me a stupidly long time to work out that the name wasn't some sort of foreign pretentious word, it was just an amalgamation of all the meats...

Turduckenqua

Turkey duck chicken quail

D'oh!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    They repeat bits all the time, it's just that normally Watch have taken a break so the repeat bit is the bit before and after the break. Presumably when it was shown in NZ they took a break there but Watch didn't.

Glad Aaron didn't go, I think he's entitled to one mediocre week!

I think Sushil suffered from the lack of Fijian curry cooking this time round...at least he put blood, sweat and tears into his dish. Well, sweat, anyway...

I've never noticed it repeat before - not very observant!
    Forum Member
    Wow was that a bit of attitude from Vanessa?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching behind again as I forget its on, but because I'm recording it I can catch up from the start.
    Forum Member
    I rather think that Ella is coming into her own - Aaron started so well but went off the boil a little.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really dislike nasal woman's voice! It's like nasal Danni from MC Oz, but lacking the charm and dynamics. Urgh.

I really like Aaron.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Aaron will win. Him or nasally girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG Aaron has had a haircut - it's no longer straggly and greasy... :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks a lot better
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks a lot better

I must admit he does, although hubby is sad as he can't call him "the guy from Shameless" anymore...lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! I liked it before actually but it does look good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a helluva lot of swearing tonight.
    Forum Member
    There is a helluva lot of swearing tonight.

I am no saint but lord that was making my ears hurt - surely Vanessa for the chop then!
    Forum Member
    Seriously Josh, you are going to get stabbed by Vanessa at this rate!
    Forum Member
    Genuinely shocked .... Wrong decision - to actually say she's scraped through again adds insult to injury.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shocking result.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catching up on two episodes but I thought the judges were just plain nasty in yesterday's Marlborough challenge to Vanessa and Sushil. They'd already decided even before the tasting that they hated those dishes and didn't bother trying to hide that in their questions. Was a bit contemptuous of them.

I was also a bit annoyed that the only way they could be convinced the competition meant anything to Kelly was by when she burst into tears. Stupid.

Today's show, I'm slightly grumbling that Vanessa's still there. Yesterday it was touch and go between her and Sushil and they kept her because the dishes they cooked were the same level so they picked the person who'd done better overall in the competition. Applying that to today would have been fairer, as Ella said (a little bit bitchily!) she's done better than Vanessa overall and indeed was probably looking as being Aaron's biggest competition for the win. Vanessa has been stroppy and downright rude over the last few episodes, and I'm sa bit tired of her saying that X, Y and Z "make her feel sick". Change the record!
    Forum Member
    Vanessa rode her luck to the end ... But at least we don't get her "I have no IDE what this challenge will be"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering they were "throwing away the rulebook" they weren't very imaginative in the rules. They continued to insist on the weird "you've got only 5 minutes in the pantry" faux-tension. I don't care much about who is best at filling up a box in very little time! I'd rather they could go in and out as needed and focus more on the actual cooking bit.

Anyway, seems like the right top 3, Vanessa's been a bit shoogly-coat-peg for a while now.
    Forum Member
    Right decision - Kelly did tell Paula to put more cream on!!!