The New Coronation Street Set

Comments

• KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    if that's the corner shop we're looking at it looks massive even before the facades are put up, we are so used to seeing the scaled down street of the last 30 years

I still don't think it's going to be massively bigger, though I still hold out some hope.

I think that picture makes it look bigger than it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, forgot to say thanks for the picture Pyramidbread! :D:D:D
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the door frames of 9/11 are behind his head
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    find it odd on this new street layout the set store is on the other side of the street to the studios, would make more sence to have it in the middle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome - thanks for the new pictures Nesbit_Cracker

If that's a recent picture then not much has happened for a good few months!
  • 12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any new photos please??
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're starting to get the full picture now!
    http://i.imgur.com/8Bunr.jpg
    http://i46.tinypic.com/qsnwaa.jpg

These pics were taken in November too, so even more work will have been done by now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're starting to get the full picture now!
    http://i.imgur.com/8Bunr.jpg
    http://i46.tinypic.com/qsnwaa.jpg

These pics were taken in November too, so even more work will have been done by now

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME - thanks!

I feel like we've waited for these pictures for ages.

Sadly, I'm still unconvinced that the new set is going to be all that bigger than the current one going on these new photos :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABSOLUTELY AWESOME - thanks!

I feel like we've waited for these pictures for ages.

Sadly, I'm still unconvinced that the new set is going to be all that bigger than the current one going on these new photos :(

It's hard to tell, but it definately looks bigger, also, notice that Victoria Street carries on past Victoria Court now :eek:

The best way to get an idea of how big it is, look at the people working on it and use them for size comparison, if two people stood arms out stretched, they would probably only be as wide as the road, not counting the pavement, now think of two people on the current set lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to tell, but it definately looks bigger, also, notice that Victoria Street carries on past Victoria Court now :eek:

The best way to get an idea of how big it is, look at the people working on it and use them for size comparison, if two people stood arms out stretched, they would probably only be as wide as the road, not counting the pavement, now think of two people on the current set lol.

Have they laid/marked out the pavement in front of the salon though? I don't think they have and the bit in front of the salon is considerably wide, so that's going to cut some space from the width of the actual street.

Anyway, we'll see. I'll probably stare at the new pics for a bit longer and start counting bricks again and stuff like I did before :D

The factory, however, does look MASSIVE. Just look at how big it is. Half of it's in Gail's back garden!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they laid/marked out the pavement in front of the salon though? I don't think they have and the bit in front of the salon is considerably wide, so that's going to cut some space from the width of the actual street.

Anyway, we'll see. I'll probably stare at the new pics for a bit longer and start counting bricks again and stuff like I did before :D

The factory, however, does look MASSIVE. Just look at how big it is. Half of it's in Gail's back garden!

That's true, I do think it will end up being bigger.

I hadnt actually looked at the factory until now...WOW, it's actually the size of a real life factory now O_O, it's going to tower over the street lol.

The current set from a similar angle
    http://www.webbaviation.co.uk/gallery/d/1545-1/_MG_9336.jpg

I think Victoria Street is gonna benefit most here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicks Bistro the viaduct area is longer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cybersq wrote: »
    Nicks Bistro the viaduct area is longer

A hell of a lot longer :eek: I just compared the two, the new viaduct looks massive (and doesnt randomly end, lol)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they will use use more and give a chance for different camera Anges
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that the new viaduct looks all that bigger :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cybersq wrote: »
    Maybe they will use use more and give a chance for different camera Anges

I think we're going to be seeing a lot of new camera angles, with the current set, they have to be so careful how they shoot, or they'd end up getting a bunch of skyscrapers in shot.

Theres gonna be quite a few new units on the Viaduct now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think that the new viaduct looks all that bigger :o

Wut :eek:

Just compare the two pics lol :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wut :eek:

Just compare the two pics lol :eek:

It's only longer because it extends right the way to the back of the factory, which, obviously, it doesn't on the current set. It doesn't actually look that much bigger ... if that makes sense...

I feel like I'm being a right party pooper tonight! :D:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only longer because it extends right the way to the back of the factory, which, obviously, it doesn't on the current set. It doesn't actually look that much bigger ... if that makes sense...

I feel like I'm being a right party pooper tonight! :D:(

lol :p maybe your right, though if you look at the Mawdsley Street end of the Viaduct, Viaduct Street seems to be quite a bit winder, perhaps they're gonna put a pavement on the viaduct side of the street?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on the new set they have built the viaduct to go past the Museum facade rather than colide with it as it does on the current set since the museum in reality goes past the viaduct

also remember that when built the viaduct end was hidden by baldwins factory so didnt have to go right to the end of the set, which is why it's rather cut short when viewed from number 12 or the back of the garage

wonder what is going to happen with the 23 year old tree outside the salon, might have to blow down as they can hardly replant it
  • NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be good if they could build a front to look like Fresco, obviously it would be set further away fictionally but good for storylines.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This looks great! You can understand why they don't want to stray from the Street's 'iconic' look, so not much is going to change...but it's still worth getting excited about, methinks!