The New Coronation Street Set

Comments

• stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had some new views of the cab office, with a view inside on Fridays episodes
  • iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was good to see Sally's bedroom (sort of) last week when she started throwing Tim's things out of the window.

One thing I did notice when Kylie went into the house after receiving her parcel... the small hall way into the lounge didn't appear!
  • AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iGeek2014 wrote: »
    It was good to see Sally's bedroom (sort of) last week when she started throwing Tim's things out of the window.

One thing I did notice when Kylie went into the house after receiving her parcel... the small hall way into the lounge didn't appear!

It did appear. There are the same curtains on the front facing window as on the living room window

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/06/2d/73/10/coronation-street-the.jpg
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some pretty nice shots on the outside set tonight particularly at the end - the Christmas lights look really nice in the nighttime shots.

Maybe they're finally getting less scared of using the new Street! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AuntieSoap wrote: »
    It did appear. There are the same curtains on the front facing window as on the living room window

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/06/2d/73/10/coronation-street-the.jpg

I stand corrected; it just didn't look right somehow!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stand corrected; it just didn't look right somehow!

It did look odd. I wondered was it the natural light versus the studio lights.
    I wish they would start using this set to the extent we were told it could be used. So far it hasn't been used in any impressive way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It did look odd. I wondered was it the natural light versus the studio lights.
    I wish they would start using this set to the extent we were told it could be used. So far it hasn't been used in any impressive way.
    How would you like it to be used?
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A pic of the street, whats all that stuff on top of the arch? lol
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wl9fL9M9yBU/VCgRy_bBvdI/AAAAAAAAAbU/M9ptNTr17xQ/s1600/DSC07339.JPG

That railway arch really makes no sense continuity wise considering there are supposed to be houses behind the back of Coronation Street.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Houses could have been built abutting a disused railine
  • anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member
    stevepjk wrote: »
    Houses could have been built abutting a disused railine

But they weren't. Coronation Street is off Rosamund Street which is the main road into Manchester from Weatherfield. The set doesn't make sense in relation to the geography of the show. I don't think that's a problem if you are making changes in order to make the set more usable or believable but the a railway viaduct arch that leads to nowhere doesn't make sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anndra_w wrote: »
    But they weren't. Coronation Street is off Rosamund Street which is the main road into Manchester from Weatherfield. The set doesn't make sense in relation to the geography of the show. I don't think that's a problem if you are making changes in order to make the set more usable or believable but the a railway viaduct arch that leads to nowhere doesn't make sense.

And to add insult to injury they drop the mural behind the bridge and construct a facade of businesses instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And to add insult to injury they drop the mural behind the bridge and construct a facade of businesses instead.

But at least they have the scope to be used in a way that a backdrop cant be.

They made such a ballyhoo about the scope of the new set and yet we never see it at all they're filming so tight... when is it going to be used dynamically as promised or is there a problem.... does it all still look too new?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But at least they have the scope to be used in a way that a backdrop cant be.

They made such a ballyhoo about the scope of the new set and yet we never see it at all they're filming so tight... when is it going to be used dynamically as promised or is there a problem.... does it all still look too new?

Guess it still looks "too new." Daft, really. Visit the old Granada set and then you realise how much better Media City is in terms of scope and viewing angles.

I also find it daft the sets on the Street which we seldom see aren't actually on the backlot (for example Norris and Emily at Number 3.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know this is barmy but since we have had the wonderful new lot coronation street has gone to pot. it ist cursed???:o:o:o

i suppose it is down to the hat at the end of the day.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also find it daft the sets on the Street which we seldom see aren't actually on the backlot (for example Norris and Emily at Number 3.)

What do you mean?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess it still looks "too new." Daft, really. Visit the old Granada set and then you realise how much better Media City is in terms of scope and viewing angles.

I wonder if that's why we don't see the set. The show is showing some sets a lot and some never!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily's is the only one we have not seen on the new set. Next week is a year since they finished filming at quay street
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noticed a lot of stedi cam scenes this week
    Rather strangely in the cab office
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would seem they are still INCREDIBLY scared of showing the new set off in all its scale and glory. When will they dare to?
  • CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    It would seem they are still INCREDIBLY scared of showing the new set off in all its scale and glory. When will they dare to?

I agree - in fact, there have been too many close up shots for a good couple of years now. Not sure why.

They also don't seem to have any "establishing shots" any more (is that the right term??), so while I know the layout of the Rovers like the back of my hand, I don't have a bloody clue about the layout of new sets like the gym. Maybe if we saw some more wide shots, it wouldn't look like the exercise bikes are directly behind the reception desk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James J wrote: »

One thing I have noticed the past couple of days we've seen a little bit more of the tiled Rovers entrance on the permanent interior set. Don't ever recall seeing that much of it back at Granada Studios.
  • corrie50corrie50 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Was tonight the first time we've seen Roy Cropper (David Nielson) using the "new" door to the Cafe's flat?
  • corrie50corrie50 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Was tonight the first time we've seen Roy Cropper (David Neilson) using the "new" door to the Cafe's flat as accessed from Victoria Street?
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coming back to Corrie after a while of not watching...

The Bistro is being done up? Hopefully it will fit in a bit better with the new look.

That being said...the credits will be outdated again, lmao.
  • sparky93sparky93 Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    R.I.P Anne Kirkbride passed away Monday 19th Jan in her sleep. :(