24: Live Another Day [US Pace]

Comments

• SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I'd much prefer the 24 movie. The series ended pretty much perfectly with Chloe and Jack saying goodbye. But hey ho, more Jack Bauer makes me very happy. Interesting that they're switching up the format a little bit, maybe this will be a good thing and make it an enjoyable series.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,548
    Forum Member
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised to see it on Sky1.
    Me too. We can only hope :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I can see the first few hours being like Season 5, Jack living under a different name as a mechanic or similar, a shock death (could only really be Chloe as apart from Kim there's nobody else who's alive that he'd care about) but instead of being framed, he'll have to go back to his old life to protect/rescue someone (probably Kim).

To be honest, I do wonder how they'll be able to introduce a raft of new characters in a shortened season. The majority of Jack's friends and family are dead, Tony's jailed, even his enemies are dead so I do wonder where they are going to go with this.

There's only really Kim and her family, Chloe and hers, and at a stretch Audrey and Heller who could return.

Season 5 was able to be so fast paced because we'd already invested time watching the majority of the characters in earlier seasons. It's great that 24 is returning, but I think its going to prove very difficult to live up to the hype.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Mary has announced Chloe will be in the new series.

I doubt they'll kill her off. Perhaps she will be in trouble or she will stumble upon something that forces her to contact Jack. Although I can imagine she has left the service too so perhaps she finds something out and they both revert to their previous roles to save the day.
  • Judy_HendrixonJudy_Hendrixon Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    This article speaks of "24 Live Another Day" airing in the summer of 2014, I have read else where it will air in the spring of 2014, so which is it??
    Forum Member
    I am not sure they could use Audrey, as much as I would like to see her back, I thought the actress playing her was working another show, I did see her in a recent NCIS Los Angeles program. But I thought the character Audrey was traumatized so bad in season 6 or 7 that Jack said his goodbyes to her and left her in the care of her dad.

Does anyone think they can get Tony back somehow? But Aaron Pierce is the one I really want to see back again.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    This article speaks of "24 Live Another Day" airing in the summer of 2014, I have read else where it will air in the spring of 2014, so which is it??

April or May in the US.
    Forum Member
    Season 5 was able to be so fast paced because we'd already invested time watching the majority of the characters in earlier seasons. It's great that 24 is returning, but I think its going to prove very difficult to live up to the hype.[/QUOTE]

Hi JWO 1985,
    I agree with you about Season 5 being so fast paced, and it was a really good season I thought; and living up to the hype is going to be difficult because for me it was all of the flip flopping about a movie that never happened.

Also Season 8's beginning was "booorrring", as in it seemed to go on forever before the treachery of the double agent was revealed! The the president who was once so strong became such a woose of manipulation; it was like watching a soap opera instead of an action packed spy series for adults!
  • peter_jenkins2peter_jenkins2 Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Unless each of the 12 episodes is 2 hours it won't work. Skipping hours is not how it's ever worked and it wouldn't work now . Would be nice to get an update on the female president , and Logan and Wayne Palmer
    Forum Member
    I read shortly after Season 8 had ended that the actress who had played the role of the woman president was very unhappy with how they had changed her character to one who lied, cheated, and committed treason she was unwilling to accept any awards if she were nominated or won. At least least she vindicated Jack in the end. I never did purchase Season 8 as I was so angry with the writer's for how the whole first half of it dragged on and the PC role they had written for Jack. Then when Jack was back they had him snap hard and bad with no soul!

I agree that the two hour segments seem to work well, but after the intro night and one or two follow up shows I think there is merit in a couple of one hour sections. It allows for mental processing time, and a certain amount of being able to savor having Jack back and to enjoy guessing what and how the plot will unfold.

If nothing else we will have have "fun" taking every nugget of information they make public about the show and try to create in our heads what we think they are either doing or should do. Look at what we're already doing with what characters are back, who else maybe is in the mix, and what's next for the program.

Letting the shooting begin.
  • Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first couple of episodes of season 8 the other day and then lost interest. I've seen them all before, but I was going through some of the seasons again. I did the same thing with season 6 - just couldn't get into it at all.

I absolutely loved 4, 5 and 7 - so if they can get back to that quality of writing/action then I'll be happy.

Is it definitely taking place after the events of season 8, or do we not know?

I'm not sure who I'd like to see as the President. Except Chloe, but I don't think that would ever happen. :p
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Preferably not being stalked by anyone or anything.
    Oh, I don't know... stalked in the first 5 mins by someone with an axe... then she never ever appears again in any series... That would work for me. :D
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless each of the 12 episodes is 2 hours it won't work. Skipping hours is not how it's ever worked and it wouldn't work now . Would be nice to get an update on the female president , and Logan and Wayne Palmer

I'd love a Charles Logan return. He was such a brilliant bad guy.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,548
    Forum Member
    With Kim Raver and her "Dad" also in the show.

It's all good new so far :D
    Forum Member
    Well now let's see, Jack's back, Chloe's in doing her thing and it is London/Europe where it all begins, unfortunetly since Logan gave himself a shot to the head his chances of being around for anything much are slim and none and none just left, our loss. Yup, seasons 4,5,&7 were really good as far as I am concerned; as I've said before Season 8 with all of its treachory beginning and a former double dealing manipulative president leads another down his primrose path! Geez dose treachory know no bounds? That along with the brief political correctness of Jack Bauer who then bounces back by being dark really dark even by Jack's own standards, 8 just wasn't great for me! I know the long awaited love scene while not very plausible given his being beaten up, and stabbed, was good. And yes the ending went better than I had begun to expect but a lot of it was just simply lame. Hopefully "Live Another Day" will set a new standard maybe even breath new life into Audrey, Aaron and Tony too!
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just glad Chloe is still on board, her relationship with Jack was almost a love story, she was THE only person he could trust in all the final 3/4 series
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,089
    Forum Member
    So I assume each episode will cover two hours instead of one. How on earth can he race around Europe in one day! Each episode will have to feature Jack sitting on a plane for the first hour!
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The (presumed) 13 episodes will cover a 24 hour period. How that will be split up we don’t know yet, one episode could cover 5 hours and the next episode could cover 2 hours for example.
  • Owen_KentOwen_Kent Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Beagle2 wrote: »
    I watched the first couple of episodes of season 8 the other day and then lost interest. I've seen them all before, but I was going through some of the seasons again. I did the same thing with season 6 - just couldn't get into it at all.

I absolutely loved 4, 5 and 7 - so if they can get back to that quality of writing/action then I'll be happy.

Is it definitely taking place after the events of season 8, or do we not know?

I'm not sure who I'd like to see as the President. Except Chloe, but I don't think that would ever happen. :p

Hi Beagle,

The new series will take place 4 years later after the events of season 8. :)
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    The (presumed) 13 episodes will cover a 24 hour period. How that will be split up we don’t know yet, one episode could cover 5 hours and the next episode could cover 2 hours for example.

It's not 13 episodes, its 12 and its been confirmed. also its been stated that we get the best explosive episodes and it will skip the not important bits. :)
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they keep the ticking clock. It wouldn't feel like "24" without it.
    Forum Member
    solare wrote: »
    I hope they keep the ticking clock. It wouldn't feel like "24" without it.

Of course they keeping the clock as its in real time :D
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Owen_Kent wrote: »
    Of course they keeping the clock as its in real time :D

But it’s not in real time. It’s 24 hours of events over 12 one hour episodes. I’m sure it’s been announced that the episodes won’t be in real time, as I said above, some episodes will cover, say, 5 hours of events and others will cover 2 hours of events, with the ‘boring’ bits not being seen.
    I’m sure they will keep the clock though as a tool to tell us where in the timeline of events we are.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The episodes are still real time.