24: Live Another Day [US Pace]

1343536373840»

Comments

• Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True regarding "no one actually died", but Day 2 and Day 6 both ended with a supposed death of a character (Palmer and Audrey).
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Day 6 was never about Audrey. Audrey wasn't in danger of death but was left vegetative. It was a perfect moment for a silent clock. Jack was alone, at the Oceanside; contemplative, pensive and at a crossroads in his life. Why ruin that epic moment with the normal clock.

Day 2 was clearly a cliffhanger moment. Palmer was in a bad way and there was plenty of doubt involved as to whether he'd actually make it. But he never actually died.

Renee in season 7 had a silent clock after being buried alive. She lived.

And then there's the redemption silent clock right are the end for Jack on the chopper. Clearly he's not dead or in any danger of death!

The silent clock, although used many times to mark a death was not its sole use.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »

Sounds like FPJ is jealous to me. If Keifer Sutherland was so unprofessional to work with (that it singly made him want to quit acting!) I’m sure we would have he heard about it by now.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only ever heard of Kiefer being an extremely professional and hard working actor, plus one who has a great sense of humour. There's no denying he has/had a drink problem over the years but I've never heard of it affecting his work on the set. Maybe he and this Freddie guy (I don't actually know of him) just had a clash of personalities, it happens. Who knows, but Freddie doesn't sound very professional himself, publically slagging off another actor like this. Glad Kiefer didn't rise to it and remained dignified in his response.

I so loved this new series of 24, although I wish I had been a full length season. I really hope there'll be another season. Is there likely to be, anyone think? They can't just leave Jack in the hands of the Russians!! lol.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over 300 news matches now for Prinze`s "attack" on KS.

I saw a doco on Kiefer touring with a band he was managing(?) years back and he didn`t appear to be the most professional person I`ve ever seen. Perfectly nice to everyone but the work didn`t seem to come first.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,752
    Forum Member
    Finally caught up!

Poor Audrey :(

The ending with Jack exchanging himself with Chloe, with the silent clock, almost felt to me like Jack's time is up and it's now Chloe's time to take lead the show. Anyone agree?
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A big fat "no" there :D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'Solitary' feature is now available to watch in full...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=108622
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    George Mason's
    Alive

Or
    somebody sounds just like him ;-)
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sh1t just got serious!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant! They have to do another season now!!
  • jamiesdjamiesd Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another series must happen now!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come on Jack! We need you back!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Finally caught up!

Poor Audrey :(

The ending with Jack exchanging himself with Chloe, with the silent clock, almost felt to me like Jack's time is up and it's now Chloe's time to take lead the show. Anyone agree?

You're joking, right?

Chloe was an utter joke this series. If I was that actress I'd have been embarrassed, all that emo mumbling and goth makeup? I mean seriously, there's clichés and then there's Chloe In 24.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For anyone wondering about Yvonne Strahovski and what she's doing next. Well she's down for a co-starring role on ABC’s upcoming 10-episode mid-season drama Astronaut Wives Club.

Astronaut Wives Club is a 1960s set drama which tells the real story of the women who stood beside some of the biggest heroes in American history during the height of the space race. It's something different i suppose.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    You're joking, right?

Chloe was an utter joke this series. If I was that actress I'd have been embarrassed, all that emo mumbling and goth makeup? I mean seriously, there's clichés and then there's Chloe In 24.

To be fair, Chloe was essentially the same character, complete with 'emo mumbling'.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chloe could wear a full clown outfit for the next one and she'd still be awesome!
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just recently watched all 12 episodes and could not now relate how it unfolded!
  • fozzie74fozzie74 Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I know this thread is oooooooooooold, but i only caught up and watched this last week, so am reading this thread!
    Why on earth didn't they at least attempt a mock up of parliament, I could have forgiven a bad copy but to put them in a lecture hall was just bizarre.

I love 24, I will forgive it pretty much anything as it keeps me hooked regardless (only Strike Back makes me equally tense while watching!), but that was annoying!

I presumed it was meant to be westminster hall - like when Obama spoke to the MPs a few years back he wasn't in the house of commons he was in Westminster hall and they all sat in neat rows in front of him as if at school ;)

Or at least i gave the 24 makes the benfit of the doubt that they meant it to be that.... it could have respresented the commons to them! :D;-)
    Forum Member
    fozzie74 wrote: »
    I know this thread is oooooooooooold, but i only caught up and watched this last week, so am reading this thread!

I presumed it was meant to be westminster hall - like when Obama spoke to the MPs a few years back he wasn't in the house of commons he was in Westminster hall and they all sat in neat rows in front of him as if at school ;)

Or at least i gave the 24 makes the benfit of the doubt that they meant it to be that.... it could have respresented the commons to them! :D;-)

Oops just read up to page 15 and seen that other people point this out as well... sorry for posting!
    Forum Member
    Markynotts wrote: »
    it does hint at something very good to come. There is an upturned taxi cab on fire and Jack is helping Chloe stagger away - perhaps the drone attack does happen

I remember seeing that trailer and photos, so spent the whole damn series waiting for that scene.... kept saying so to my bf (and ruining the tension!), saying "there's still that scene with the cab and the gherkin in the background so there must be an explosion still to come in london".... and then what happens??? It's not bloody in it!!!!!

Did they really film and set up all that just for bloody adverts?!