Tesco tablet

Comments

• Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    The only problem with the T logo is forever accidentally pressing it. Just like the Bing search button on my Windows mobile.

You cannot install the tesco aps but you can disable the things, then when you press T it don't do anything
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,474
    Forum Member
    Good point. I will do that.

Edited: Done. Excellent workaround.
  • red_g00nerred_g00ner Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WhatsApp will only install on devices that have a SIM card.
  • red_g00nerred_g00ner Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Playamonte wrote: »
    So I read on here you cannot use WhatsApp ? on this tablet.
    WhatsApp, l believe, will only install on devices that have a SIM card.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 14,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another glitch is wi-fi: I have told it to turn off wi-fi when in standby (to save battery life) but when it is woken up agan it does not automatically re-connect. I have to flick Airplane mode on and off to force it to re-connect.
    Are you having drainage issues?

I leave the wifi on and regardless of what I'm doing (watching movies, web-surfing, reading emails) the 9 hour battery life that was reported is accurate for me.
  • Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My local Tesco has run out and have signs up - 'they are flying off the shelves'.
  • poppiepoppie Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I had £40.00 worth of clubcard vouchers, so with clubcard Boost they were worth £80.00. Resulting in a Hudl for £39.00. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see the kindle fire has dropped to the same price as the hudl.so,which is better?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poppie wrote: »
    I had £40.00 worth of clubcard vouchers, so with clubcard Boost they were worth £80.00. Resulting in a Hudl for £39.00. :D
    I'm well jel :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loonattic wrote: »
    I see the kindle fire has dropped to the same price as the hudl.so,which is better?
    No idea.

I guess only someone who has both would know?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point. I will do that.

Edited: Done. Excellent workaround.

Ok thanks ( and I really meant uninstall the Tesco aps :p)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My local Tesco has run out and have signs up - 'they are flying off the shelves'.

Tesco Direct quoting 14 days for all colours,

http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl-7-16gb-wi-fi-android-tablet-blue/216-1899.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=216-1899
  • ssrssr Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    red_g00ner wrote: »
    WhatsApp, l believe, will only install on devices that have a SIM card.
    I have whatsapp up and running on my Nexus 10
    http://www.androidpit.com/get-whatsapp-on-your-tablet
  • DazerUKDazerUK Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've found an code on the hotukdeals website which gives you £12 off your first order over £60 at Tesco Groceries. Not sure how long the code works for.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/12-off-when-spend-60-more-your-first-online-shop-using-ecoupon-tesco-groceries-1667692

So if you order your Hudl from Tesco Groceries using the above code you can get for £107, or £54 clubcard points.
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My neighbour got a hudl delivered friday, and thinks it is fantastic. He plays a lot of card games, so got it for this purpose. When he showed it to me, however, I found the start up to be, comparitively, quite slow. For an extra £20 I can get a Lenovo, no supermarket rubbish installed.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,474
    Forum Member
    Start up from powered off? For day to day use don't people just use Sleep mode which is instantaneous?
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,270
    Forum Member
    Start up from powered off? For day to day use don't people just use Sleep mode which is instantaneous?

Yes, why would you power a tablet completely off? - bizarre idea.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    My neighbour got a hudl delivered friday, and thinks it is fantastic. He plays a lot of card games, so got it for this purpose. When he showed it to me, however, I found the start up to be, comparitively, quite slow. For an extra £20 I can get a Lenovo, no supermarket rubbish installed.

With tablets, the best thing is to keep them on sleep rather fully switching them off and back on. A full power off should only tend to happen when it fully runs out of charge because you don't have access to your charger, or something has crashed and you need a reboot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the £20 saving, I can live with waiting all of 2 minutes for the hudl to boot up on the rare occasions (hasn't happened so far) when it needs to be shut down completely.
  • spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has anybody heard if they are going to make a bigger screen version of this, as I would like to get one, but have the galaxy not which has a 5.3" screen, so getting a 7" tablet would seem pointless lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceman05 wrote: »
    has anybody heard if they are going to make a bigger screen version of this, as I would like to get one, but have the galaxy not which has a 5.3" screen, so getting a 7" tablet would seem pointless lol
    Early indications are that this version has been a success for Tesco so there's a good possibility that they will extend their range :)
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceman05 wrote: »
    ...which has a 5.3" screen, so getting a 7" tablet would seem pointless lol
    Get the Nook HD+. 500 grams and better than this in many ways. For some strange reason it is the smaller tablets which are considered mass market.

Yes, a 5.3" screen means there is limited need for a small tablet. Consumer choice certainly means cannibalised sales.
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Androids startup is normally relatively slow, but it does vary. Bet the Lenovo is, if anything, even slower at startup.

Sons Xperia SP is relatively snappy at startup, whereas my (first gen) Nexus 7 is quite tardy. Even my old Advent Vega starts quicker than the Nexus 7 - it'll boot up and start a game while the nexus 7 is still trying to draw the primary homescreen.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mine's been running for 6 days straight, never need to turn it off totally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    Androids startup is normally relatively slow, but it does vary. Bet the Lenovo is, if anything, even slower at startup.

Sons Xperia SP is relatively snappy at startup, whereas my (first gen) Nexus 7 is quite tardy. Even my old Advent Vega starts quicker than the Nexus 7 - it'll boot up and start a game while the nexus 7 is still trying to draw the primary homescreen.
    BIB - I just timed mine and it took 46 seconds to boot to the lock-screen.

Now I don't know if that's fast or slow but it's certainly quick enough for me :)