Tesco tablet

Comments

• ssrssr Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Purchased two Archos 80 cobalt from Tesco at Xmas, one failed after 3 months and received new one next day delivery, no questions asked.Excellent customer service
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    just reading the specs on this.

looks great.
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flipper411 wrote: »

One app for the various services is not bloatware - from the preview video over at engadget, it looks like virtually stock android.

Whereas the Asus Memo Pad HD7, which I'd consider, has lots of bloatware ... and a lower resolution screen.

I'm pleasantly surprised at this tablet - I was expecting it to be pretty lousy, and it appears that it definitely isn't.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just watched that video on the BBc news site and i laughed when that bloke, said it was about making life better for the customer, load of rubbish that is, it is to make more money for them simple as that.

Do they think we are stupid?

As tablets go, it seems ok, but it remind me of windows phones with those bright colours. Makes it look like something that belongs in a child play box.

As been said above, the bezel looks huge, so making the device much larger than it needs to be, unless they could not cram the electronics in a smaller space, in that case, stick a larger screen on it.

After all of that, i still can't see me buying a tablet, still see no point in them.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flipper411 wrote: »

What bloatware :confused: Your link has a slower processor & is more expensive.
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    i just watched that video on the BBc news site and i laughed when that bloke, said it was about making life better for the customer, load of rubbish that is, it is to make more money for them simple as that.

Do they think we are stupid?

As tablets go, it seems ok, but it remind me of windows phones with those bright colours. Makes it look like something that belongs in a child play box.

As been said above, the bezel looks huge, so making the device much larger than it needs to be, unless they could not cram the electronics in a smaller space, in that case, stick a larger screen on it.

After all of that, i still can't see me buying a tablet, still see no point in them.

They are black and I would think you have a choice of colours for add ons. I like the bright colours, helps brighten things up :)

The bigger bezel is useful when your holding the tablet.

For a £100 its blooming good value for the specs you get. I'll get one as a xmas present for my grandson I think...I've a lot on my clubcard so pretty much a freebie for me :)

I would think the build quality is good, Tesco can't afford to knock out tat these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl/

more info here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCzmQ036N0A&feature=youtu.be
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems this has been well received so far by the press and tech sites .

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It looks surprisingly good - I didn't expect anything like that from Tesco.

I've alread got the original Nexus 7 and a Playbook (and a surprisingly still working Advent Vega). So no "need" for a new tablet.

But it could be good for my son, and I do have a load of clubcard vouchers hanging around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    It looks surprisingly good - I didn't expect anything like that from Tesco.

I've alread got the original Nexus 7 and a Playbook (and a surprisingly still working Advent Vega). So no "need" for a new tablet.

But it could be good for my son, and I do have a load of clubcard vouchers hanging around.

It really does doesn't it. Good clear videos on their youtube channel too. I tweeted them about the processor but he said probably no further specs will be released until launch.

I'm definitely getting one. Our 4 year old will love it. So will I!

Plus, you can double up your clubcard vouchers which is where the Mail gets the £60 from.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't buy one myself as I'm happy with my 2012 Nexus 7 but the specifications look great for the price. It certainly looks a better buy than the heavily customised Kindle tablet. Amazon is going to have a Christmas fight on its hands.

If Tesco were to release a 10" version for less than the forthcoming second generation Nexus 10 then I would be very interested.
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    It's Otis - formerly of the Gadget Show!!

Not seem him since he got dispensed with - and really messed up some Athletics commentary on C4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    They are black and I would think you have a choice of colours for add ons. I like the bright colours, helps brighten things up :)

They are in different colours. Nah, I think the bright colours look awful, just like the Nokia windows phones and the new Iphone 5C. all look like they should be put into a childs toy box.
    Just my opinion.
    The bigger bezel is useful when your holding the tablet.

Maybe, but it is bigger than it need to be.

For a £100 its blooming good value for the specs you get. I'll get one as a xmas present for my grandson I think...I've a lot on my clubcard so pretty much a freebie for me :)

good value if you require one I suppose.
    I would think the build quality is good, Tesco can't afford to knock out tat these days.

We will not know until they get a review and not some promo video that makes it look like the bees knees.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really does doesn't it. Good clear videos on their youtube channel too. I tweeted them about the processor but he said probably no further specs will be released until launch.

I'm definitely getting one. Our 4 year old will love it. So will I!

Plus, you can double up your clubcard vouchers which is where the Mail gets the £60 from.

A 4 year old? they should still be playing with toys, not with tablets.

Good grief.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    good value if you require one I suppose.

Well...if you don't require one than nothing is going to be good value.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member

Good grief.

2013 toys
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,373
    Forum Member
    Here's a review here http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/tesco-hudl-1183138/review?src=rss&attr=all by Techradar and it seems OK for the price which is broadly in line with Versus, Archos and Asus tablets. In terms of reliability, hope that they're comparable with those three makes and not with the ultra cheap Joy and Go tablets (plenty of brassed off Ideal World customers judging by the feedback comments). :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good grief.

My son sometimes plays games on our phones, tablets or consoles.

He also plays with normal toys, likes drawing, running, playing on his scooter, going swimming.

There's one good thing about him playing with the tech. He seems to be able to adapt to pretty much any interface without a problem (Symbian, Playbook, Android, iOS, XBox, Vtech pad, etc.).
  • kazzabeeekazzabeee Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How much RAM does it have? I've looked at various web pages but no mention of whether it has 1 GB RAM or more or even less!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kazzabeee wrote: »
    How much RAM does it have? I've looked at various web pages but no mention of whether it has 1 GB RAM or more or even less!
    Considering the rest of the specs I'd be surprised if it didn't have 1GB RAM, in line with most other tablets at this price point. Also, someone on Hotukdeals posted this:

CPU seems to be
    Rockchip RK3188 (28nm HKMG, Quad core cortex A9 @ 1.5GHz and Mali 400 @ 533Mhz.)
    And its made by archos
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Impressive specs for the price. The mini-HDMI and microSD are pretty welcome. If I wasn't still happy with my Nexus I'd have one.
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good grief.

As you have no children you have absolutely no idea of the excellent educational software available which helps with reading, numeracy and I.T. skills in youngsters. My own grandson is several 'years ahead' in those three area no doubt due to the support and encouragement of his good School, parents, grand parents and using a computer. He still plays with his toys too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good grief.

As should you judging by your posts.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As should you judging by your posts.

For whatever it's worth, my 6 year old nephew is likely going to be getting a tablet for his birthday. I think in this day and age, tablets do have a place for kids - to a point. I think there are plenty of apps available that encourage creativity and learning and also simple problem solving.

My nephew loves Cut the Rope and is actually quite good at it as well :)