Options

coronation street 50th anniversary

cricket123cricket123 Posts: 542
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi, does anybody know what they are planning to do for coronation street 50th anniversary episode yet?

Comments

• Options
    wintermute101wintermute101 Posts: 1,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe they'll push the boat out and have a punch-up or something...
  • Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita and Emily will do a strip tease in front of everyone in the Rovers Return.
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Ken Barlow will have a bump to the head and become Weatherfields answer to the Fonz!
  • Options
    Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    There have been various rumours circulating my next door Neighbours soap magazine company. Ken gets knocked out and the ghost of his first wife takes him on a tour of Weatherfield past and present. Another rumour is that Betty collapses into a hot pot and dies.

Bet Lynch is said to be making a comeback, and so is Elsie Tanner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read Peter & Leanne are going to get married around the 50th anniversary (if I remember right it's a double wedding with Ken & Dreary as well? Not too sure on that though), also Jack Duckworth's leaving storyline will be one of the 50th anniversary stories.

Sorry if you knew about these already.
  • Options
    scizophonicscizophonic Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ken and Deirdre are already married.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been various rumours circulating my next door Neighbours soap magazine company. Ken gets knocked out and the ghost of his first wife takes him on a tour of Weatherfield past and present. Another rumour is that Betty collapses into a hot pot and dies.

Elsie's not looking too pretty these days, I'd say her return is probably unlikely :o
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The actress who played Elsie Tanner is dead, so I think that very unlikely. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne and Peter are mean't to be getting married, as our Riy and Hayley and Ken and Deidre are mean't to be renewing there vows.

Jack Duckworth is leaving around that time, as our the Peacocks.
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Geek wrote: »
    The actress who played Elsie Tanner is dead, so I think that very unlikely. :rolleyes:

Is Elsie Tanner dead though? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaturnV wrote: »
    Is Elsie Tanner dead though? :rolleyes:

Maybe she'll turn up with Archie Shuttleworth as his girlfriend for Blanche's funeral...

Whatever became of him anyway :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    I've heard that a 'major' ex Rovers Return landlady is coming back so my guess is Annie Walker will be returning..:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as our Roy and Hayley
    Ah that was it, I couldn't quite remember the second pair due to be married so I just said Ken & Dreary. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    marcharris wrote: »
    I've heard that a 'major' ex Rovers Return landlady is coming back so my guess is Annie Walker will be returning..:D

Doris Speed who Portrayed Annie Walker died in 1994. But I have heard that Hilda Ogden is set to appear.

also... Get well soon Betty Driver (Betty Turpin).
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gather it's around the 50th anniversary that Ashley and Claire are due to leave