Options

The Pope's Visit 2010

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susie sang already in the afternoon. Maybe they might bring her back again but I doubt

But the Pope seemed less than impressed walking out in the middle of her act mutteringin German[according to lipreaders], 'Come back Eoghan Quigg, all is forgiven' or something to that effect.
  • Options
    Zippy289Zippy289 Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind about the OTT coverage, but why did they have to postpone Pointless? :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zippy289 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind about the OTT coverage, but why did they have to postpone Pointless? :mad:

because its pointless:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he still here?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    I would like to complain about the wall to wall coverage of Manchester United on our screens this week.
    Only 8% of the UK population is Mancunian and only half of them practising Man Utd. fans at that. I don't see why taxpayers' money should be funding the policing of these games.

I know we are told watching will enrich our lives and improve our passing game but Alex Ferguson isn't the friendliest looking manager to take advice from, though I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.

I do think it's really unfair to give them so much bad press for what Wayne Rooney's done though, when he's only one of a very large squad of players. People haven't been criticising Ashley Cole this week have they ? or a whole host of other people who are not even footballers.

I'm sorry but how many hourss have been given to this compared to that given to the visit of his odiousness?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frood wrote: »
    I'm sorry but how many hourss have been given to this compared to that given to the visit of his odiousness?

grow up
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Completely OTT coverage & shameless money making out of selling tickets. Isn't it supposed to be about religion rather than business? As long as he doesn't block roads I go on.........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't watched any of it thank god. I have no requirement to see him as I think the whole thing is completely pointless. If anybody from our country were desparate to see him why don't they get a plane to Rome.

The Catholic Church are living in a little world of their own anyway, perhaps when they start thinking a little more realistically people might take note of them.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why no coverage this morning when the Pope is in London?
  • Options
    Zayna99Zayna99 Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eggs benedict

This has to be the post of the decade.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't watched any of it thank god.

I've had to switch to Euronews, where Benny's visit isn't getting much attention compared to the nonsensical amount of coverage on the BBC and Sky.

They did report that the turnout has been poor today, which is good.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he still here?:rolleyes:

He's rehearsing for an appearance on Pope Idol tomorrow.
  • Options
    kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    James2001 wrote: »
    I'm sort of confused about why it's getting so much coverage. It's the 21st Century, the UK isn't Catholic, or even particularly religious, so why is his visit being flashed all over the TV? Yes, the Pope is a reasonably important person, but then so are plenty of other people that have visited the country over the years, and I don't see them getting blanket coverage on news channels, or several hours of air time on BBC1 and 2. I don't see why the pope deserves it.

Completely with you. Besides nothing says faith louder than 2 inches of bullet proof glass :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All Religion is fake, the world isn't flat anymore either.
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i've found the service that was broadcast on bb2 on iplayer.

laura bohan, the girl who i thought had a great voice sings at 0:47:55.. a shame it is not on you tube.. she deserves to be heard by more people..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ttqcx/The_Popes_Visit_2010_Papal_Mass_from_Glasgow/

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/humbled-the-scots-teacher-who-will-sing-for-the-pope-1.1054616

Ms Bohan, who lives with her parents in Auchinleck, is the only musical member of her family. She says she never imagined she would be a singer. At Aberdeen University, where she got her Bachelor of Music degree, she was an instrumentalist and still plays clarinet, piano, saxophone, violin and guitar.

“When I was at school people used to say I had a nice voice but I was too shy to perform in front of people.” Two years ago, however, she began singing lessons with the Scottish mezzo soprano Cheryl Forbes and became a member of the Kilmarnock Amateur Operatic Society. She hopes to sit the Trinity Diploma at the Guildhall School of Music