Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://i55.tinypic.com/30a6cxx.jpg

Airdrie's programme from the weekend, promoting the poppy appeal.

Now if you look closely you may spot that they are German soliders on the train :eek:

And yet people are offended that we managed to observe a whole minute of silence, some may say unlike those at Ibrox who failed to make the minute.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    http://i55.tinypic.com/30a6cxx.jpg

Airdrie's programme from the weekend, promoting the poppy appeal.

Now if you look closely you may spot that they are German soliders on the train :eek:

And yet people are offended that we managed to observe a whole minute of silence, some may say unlike those at Ibrox who failed to make the minute.

You mixed up offended with raging mate
  • Options
    croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumour sweeping t'internet is that John Reid will step down as Celtic Chairman by the AGM and be replaced with Ian Bankier who is a former corporate lawyer.

Wouldn't be surprised after the abuse direct at him recently from his own fans at the Dons match.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised after the abuse direct at him recently from his own fans at the Dons match.

RECENTLY!?!? :D

The war criminal has never been welcome at Celtic Park
  • Options
    StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,883
    Forum Member
    Can't we just be happy with the way it panned out hey? :(
  • Options
    Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! Didn't realise Goram was still so bitter about Aberdeen FC after all these years. Shouldn't be surprised though really.

Must need the money I guess. Thought his friends in the *** would bail him out.

And no surprise either that the newspaper concerned dredged up the same old story again.

Now...Willie Johnston/John McMaster anyone....? That was 1980 by the way.........
  • Options
    macca@90macca@90 Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    It depends which United teams shows up. We got no form good or bad at the moment, we're really hit and miss. Swanson and Douglas are back which gives us the width we've been severely lacking so maybe a point from the two games.

I think Houstie should play Russell and Cads out wide with Scott Robertson and Prince in the middle and Goodie and Daly up front ;)
  • Options
    DavielDaviel Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good result for Celtic. The hallmark of finishing strongly and winning matches at the death is one that all successful teams have. A worrying sign.

Whilst giving credit for behaving like decent human beings is something I am uneasy about, it would be churlish not to acknowledge that the collective behaviour of the support at recent tributes before Celtic games does seem to have improved which is a positive thing.

I think the build up to 2nd January is a key period in the season. It was around this time last year that we hit a great run of form on which the title win was ultimately built on. The way the fixtures have panned out mean 5 away games out of 7 for us up until then which will make it a very challenging spell.

Rangers

Kilmarnock (A)
    Dundee Utd (A)
    Hearts (H)
    ICT (A)
    St Mirren (H)
    Motherwell (A)
    St Johnstone (A)

Celtic

Dundee Utd (H)
    ICT (H)
    Aberdeen (A)
    Killie (H)
    Hamilton (A)
    St Johnstone (H)
    Motherwell (H)

If we're in striking distance of the top going into the OF match I'll be happy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    Daviel wrote: »
    Very good result for Celtic. The hallmark of finishing strongly and winning matches at the death is one that all successful teams have. A worrying sign.

Whilst giving credit for behaving like decent human beings is something I am uneasy about, it would be churlish not to acknowledge that the collective behaviour of the support at recent tributes before Celtic games does seem to have improved which is a positive thing.

I think the build up to 2nd January is a key period in the season. It was around this time last year that we hit a great run of form on which the title win was ultimately built on. The way the fixtures have panned out mean 5 away games out of 7 for us up until then which will make it a very challenging spell.

Rangers

Kilmarnock (A)
    Dundee Utd (A)
    Hearts (H)
    ICT (A)
    St Mirren (H)
    Motherwell (A)
    St Johnstone (A)

Celtic

Dundee Utd (H)
    ICT (H)
    Aberdeen (A)
    Killie (H)
    Hamilton (A)
    St Johnstone (H)
    Motherwell (H)

If we're in striking distance of the top going into the OF match I'll be happy.

Couldnt agree more Daviel.

Im off to Rugby Park on Sat, for which I think will be a very challenging match for us.
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    macca@90 wrote: »
    I think Houstie should play Russell and Cads out wide with Scott Robertson and Prince in the middle and Goodie and Daly up front ;)

I'm wary of playing Russell every week yet, he's still young. Didn't Scott Robertson come off injured at the weekend? I would play Douglas out wide for the moment. Two from Prince, Gomis and either Robertson, I have to say I prefer David to Scott. Cads out wide could be a solution.

We need to be looking for someone in January in case Conway leaves or is still injured. We have little or no creativity without Conway and Swanson.
  • Options
    TClarkeTClarke Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappearing logical threads?

Emm, paranoia seeps in, eh, Daviel?
  • Options
    DavielDaviel Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TClarke wrote: »
    Disappearing logical threads?

Emm, paranoia seeps in, eh, Daviel?

No idea why anything was chopped mate. Odd.
  • Options
    TClarkeTClarke Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, well, I enjoyed the debate.

No matter what things are getting better - no matter how slowly and that is what we have to take from it.

I look forward to the day when this topic no longer becomes an annual embarrassment to our club and we show respect and tolerance for all.

I know it's along way off but we have to keep trying for our future generations.
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! Didn't realise Goram was still so bitter about Aberdeen FC after all these years. Shouldn't be surprised though really.

Must need the money I guess. Thought his friends in the *** would bail him out.

And no surprise either that the newspaper concerned dredged up the same old story again.

Now...Willie Johnston/John McMaster anyone....? That was 1980 by the way.........

Surprised they managed to wake him up off of his park bench for the story.

The S*n, after GUARANTEEING all week through clowns like Scott Davie and especially Robert "exclusive" Grieve, that Dingus would be sacked, ended up with egg on their faces and being made to stand outside Pittodrie last week in the freezing cold, dredge up this crap again.
    Robert Grieve is a clown,.........I mean how very dare Aberdeen players celebrate and high five Clangers when he saved a penalty
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In what can only be describe as an embarassing climbdown, Avril has been forced to call up the current Celtic captain Shaun Maloney as 9 players drop out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lennon reported for 'excessive misconduct' by Craig Thomson.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    In what can only be describe as an embarassing climbdown, Avril has been forced to call up the current Celtic captain Shaun Maloney as 9 players drop out.

Hardly an embarrasing climbdown.

In no fan of Levein in the Scotland role as i have documented on here but its becoming a real pain in the jacobs the way people are jumping on him for absolutely nothing.

He has done enough wrong in reality without inventing issues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Hardly an embarrasing climbdown.

In no fan of Levein in the Scotland role as i have documented on here but its becoming a real pain in the jacobs the way people are jumping on him for absolutely nothing.

He has done enough wrong in reality without inventing issues.

I've been playing FM too much :o

Tbh I think Levein doesn't do himself any favours with the squad selection.

Alan Rough just made a point about Avril. Why does Avril tell Steven Fletcher that he needs to prove himself to play for Scotland and picks Kevin Kyle.

Why does a player who can't get into the U21 first team gets picked ahead of Jamie Murphy of Motherwell?
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lennon reported for 'excessive misconduct' by Craig Thomson.
    Expect a 6 game ban.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    I've been playing FM too much :o

Tbh I think Levein doesn't do himself any favours with the squad selection.

Alan Rough just made a point about Avril. Why does Avril tell Steven Fletcher that he needs to prove himself to play for Scotland and picks Kevin Kyle.

Why does a player who can't get into the U21 first team gets picked ahead of Jamie Murphy of Motherwell?

Your guess is as good as mine.

I genuinely reckon managers dont know how to deal with international friendlies. Capello picked an equally baffling set of players this weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maloney starts alongside Fletcher in the centre of midfield for Scotland tomorrow.

Bannan makes his debut in a 4-5-1 formation with Mackie up front.

Gordon
    Bardsley Caldwell Wilson Crainey
    Commons Maloney Fletcher Adam Bannan
    Mackie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Your guess is as good as mine.

I genuinely reckon managers dont know how to deal with international friendlies. Capello picked an equally baffling set of players this weekend.

Problem is for us this game actually means something,as far as i understand with the bringing forward of the WC draw this friendly and the Celtic cup could be the difference between us being 4th seeds or 5th seeds for WC Qualifying
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maloney starts alongside Fletcher in the centre of midfield for Scotland tomorrow.

Bannan makes his debut in a 4-5-1 formation with Mackie up front.

Gordon
    Bardsley Caldwell Wilson Crainey
    Commons Maloney Fletcher Adam Bannan
    Mackie

Against the Faroes, at "home", FFS
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Expect a 6 game ban.

He may have a watertight defence, having seen the incident where he is sent to the stand you can clearly see Thommo saying 'it wasn't him' and Lennon telling the 4th official 'I said F**k all'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem is for us this game actually means something,as far as i understand with the bringing forward of the WC draw this friendly and the Celtic cup could be the difference between us being 4th seeds or 5th seeds for WC Qualifying

You'll be hit anyway as other countries will be playing competitive matches in March and June which will carry more ranking points.
This discussion has been closed.