Options

cher ... rapping ...

actuallyactually Posts: 1,113
Forum Member
✭✭✭
ahem .. jedward got completely dissed
bad style for rapping .. they where hated cher is liked for rapping on a singing competition ...

most of my mates really dislike cher

she is a fake like katie why do people llike her ??

get rid please x

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    actually wrote: »
    why do people llike her ??

Cos they do :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cos they do :D

but she is dreadfull ... wagner is so much better !!!
  • Options
    MissSantayMissSantay Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her... she doesn't pretend to be nice and cute and fun like Katie does. How is she fake?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but she is dreadfull

She aint. She's a great singer. The rapping brings a different dimension to the X Factor rather than just singing ballads every single week
    wagner is so much better !!!

Excuse me. He can't even hold a note properly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She aint. She's a great singer. The rapping brings a different dimension to the X Factor rather than just singing ballads every single week

lol i agree... but cher is way to serious and depressing

i nearly have a stroke everytime i watch her its way to intense !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and john and edward started the rapping !! even had anumber 2 single ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but cher is way to serious and depressing

Give the girl a break. In her backstage videos, she comes across as a nice, lovely person. Maybe being live in front of at least 10 million viewers makes her come across as serious and intense
  • Options
    MissSantayMissSantay Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol i agree... but cher is way to serious and depressing

Some people just can't handle swagger :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissSantay wrote: »

seen it all before .. nothing new
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissSantay wrote: »

Cher is the queen of swagger :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher isn't a very good singer, and is terrible at rapping. As a role model for teens of a broken Britain, or future contestant for Jeremy Kyle, she is, to quote Cowell, "on the money".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swagger is desparate ....

you would never see leona do swagger
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you would never see leona do swagger

God no. She's in a different league
  • Options
    Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps Cher can hold one note but holding another note after that one is very difficult for her :p.For someone who doesn't particularly like rapping I realise she just cannot credibly rap properly either.I don't think hardcore rap fans will take a second look at her.Still think she will come 4th though as the contestants are terrible this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It still puzzles me how Cowell said "Stay" was performance of the season when clearly it's not.. don't get me started on the rapping..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Cher at all. I particularly dont like rap either, so for me she's on a road to nowhere as soon as she opens her mouth and starts to rap, be it good or bad. Her singing voice is too thin and reedy for me also. Her Stay was her best performance for me. I haven't heard her last weeks stuff though yet, as apart from seeing Aiden's songs on ytube I haven't watched any of it. From what I've seen of her personality wise, I'm none too keen.

I loved the twins, but I didn't like them rapping.
  • Options
    Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't dislike ALL rap, but it is very samey. Like others, I know good and bad rapping when I hear it and Chair's rapping is really poor, and an obvious technique to disguise the fact she can't actually sing, The "Stay" week they pulled out all the production stops including making all the other contestants sound muffled. That week she was passable - just - but every other week she has been very poor. I actually like Katie more than her!

Hoping if it's a double this week Wagner will knock out both Katie and Cher. Love to see the look in biffa's face on that one !!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cher does what she does as best she can. I kind of like her for sticking to her style even though it's not my cup of tea.
    The problem is that her version of "Stay" was not a patch on the original by Shakespeare's Sister.
    Cher had to find the notes by slurring up to them and the song didn't sound as good because of that, imo.
    I didn't agree when Simon called it the performance of the season.
    But Cher works hard every week and I am sure she will do well in her future.
  • Options
    macca@90macca@90 Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid eyebrows though :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    Cher does what she does as best she can. I kind of like her for sticking to her style even though it's not my cup of tea.
    The problem is that her version of "Stay" was not a patch on the original by Shakespeare's Sister.

Cher had to find the notes by slurring up to them and the song didn't sound as good because of that, imo.

Agreed, the original version was classic and I believe if they could actually get some chart success now (even before Cher sung it on X-Factor). Shakespeare Sisters' version was spectacular and Cher's can't even come close to being as half as good as theirs. Definitely NOT the performance of the season.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but she is dreadfull ... wagner is so much better !!!

Lost credibility by saying Wagner is better. Both are dire lol.
  • Options
    jock_fjock_f Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    The problem is that her version of "Stay" was not a patch on the original by Shakespeare's Sister.Cher had to find the notes by slurring up to them and the song didn't sound as good because of that, imo.

But a large number of current voters will not have heard the original, so if they thought it was good, they'll vote for her. At least the 'Cher can't sing' mob have run out of ammunition.
  • Options
    BritBrit Posts: 945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jock_f wrote: »
    But a large number of current voters will not have heard the original, so if they thought it was good, they'll vote for her. At least the 'Cher can't sing' mob have run out of ammunition.

Am I the only person who didn't like Cher's version of "Stay"? Lots of people, including Scowell, bleeting on about how good it was and saying it was "the best of the series" etc.....My Jaw hit the floor after that comment, I must seriously be hearing something completely different to other people!
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brit wrote: »
    Am I the only person who didn't like Cher's version of "Stay"? Lots of people, including Scowell, bleeting on about how good it was and saying it was "the best of the series" etc.....My Jaw hit the floor after that comment, I must seriously be hearing something completely different to other people!

Not the only one.

It was better than her previous attempts at singing is about all I can say.

But her voice is weak (like Katie really), she has little range and the tone is very harsh on my ears, she missed an awful lot of the big notes on that song too.
  • Options
    jock_fjock_f Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the only one.

It was better than her previous attempts at singing is about all I can say.

But her voice is weak (like Katie really), she has little range and the tone is very harsh on my ears, she missed an awful lot of the big notes on that song too.

But, to be fair, who's got the vocal range of Marcella? I like Cher. I'm not naive enough to suggest she's a great singer, or the world's best rapper, but to me she fills the stage better than any of the others, and there is something about her which is interesting to watch. (and not in a bad way!)