Options

Stacey - silent assassin

Comments

• Options
    Britt_IshraelBritt_Ishrael Posts: 1,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise she had a child. Has she talked about him/her much in the show?
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Becoming a single mum & working hard is simply the result of her stupidity & of which she has no other choice now that she is bringing up her child.

Untrue.
    She does have a choice, as do all the others in her position who do not choose to work.
    Working hard is the only way to go for anyone.
  • Options
    PeterWDPeterWD Posts: 1,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise she had a child. Has she talked about him/her much in the show?
    She has mentioned him occasionally. His name is Zach.
    There are photos of her and him in this Daily Mail article:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1234218/X-Factor-Dagenham-Diva-Stacey-Solomon-gets-heros-welcome-returns-home-Dannii-Minogue.html
  • Options
    Britt_IshraelBritt_Ishrael Posts: 1,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PeterWD wrote: »
    She has mentioned him occasionally. His name is Zach.
    There are photos of her and him in this Daily Mail article:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1234218/X-Factor-Dagenham-Diva-Stacey-Solomon-gets-heros-welcome-returns-home-Dannii-Minogue.html

Thanks, Peter
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    Stacey made a mistake which resulted in a beautiful boy. She chose not to throw the baby away.

LOL... oh good lord... are women routinely throwing away their babies in the UK? :confused:
    This is one of the reasons I'm supposed to think she is nice is it?

Well I dont, I think she is an idiot for getting pregnant and selfish for doing so with no means of maintaining her baby so me and other tax payers got to do that for her.
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    LOL... oh good lord... are women routinely throwing away their babies in the UK? :confused:

Well I dont, I think she is an idiot for getting pregnant and selfish for doing so with no means of maintaining her baby so me and other tax payers got to do that for her.

I don't believe she's on benefits, but maybe she is. I don't often post on DS and you've reminded me why.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe she's on benefits, but maybe she is. I don't often post on DS and you've reminded me why.

I doubt she is now.... but she had no means of support when she had that baby.
    I've had a quick look and your recent posts are mainly either 'nasty' about gillian or 'gushy' about stacey.
    This is debate, I'm not saying anything worse about Stacey than you are about Gillian. Except I qualify what I say.
    I was commenting on the contestants in the jungle.... you decided to comment about another FM... me.

No hard feelings, I dont come here to bicker . Dont let it bother you, I wont comment on your remarks again. I dont want you to feel uncomfortable :)
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a quick look and your recent posts are mainly either 'nasty' about gillian or 'gushy' about stacey.
    This is debate, I'm not saying anything worse about Stacey than you are about Gillian. Except I qualify what I say.
    I was commenting on the contestants in the jungle.... you decided to comment about another FM... me.

No hard feelings, I dont come here to bicker . Dont let it bother you, I wont comment on your remarks again. I dont want you to feel uncomfortable :)

Thanks. We'll leave it at that. <3
  • Options
    birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the other celebs see the future in Stacey. They realise one day she very well may become a big name who might have employment clout. Because you have probably seen my other posts where I suspect she's being lined up for more tv in the future and her profile might build and build.

Plus, they really like her. They actually really and truly enjoy and enjoyed having such a sunny lady with no airs and graces around.

This much is obvious. The TV channels have been doing it for years, nothing new.
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member

I think she mentioned when she was on the X Factor that she was lucky enough to have parents to look after/help financially with her baby, and shes previously talked about past jobs.

It really annoys me when people presume young people like myself and Stacey exist only to sponge off older taxpayers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    I think she mentioned when she was on the X Factor that she was lucky enough to have parents to look after/help financially with her baby, and shes previously talked about past jobs.

It really annoys me when people presume young people like myself and Stacey exist only to sponge off older taxpayers.

I didnt say anything of the sort, but, as you mention it, if you cant support your child I and others will pay for thier medical care, dental care, their education, there general living, housing etc.
    And if you are getting your parents to help ... they are also older taxpayers...
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    I didnt say anything of the sort, but, as you mention it, if you cant support your child I and others will pay for thier medical care, dental care, their education, there general living, housing etc.
    And if you are getting your parents to help ... they are also older taxpayers...

They may be older taxpayers, but it was their decision to help out. And with regards to the medical care, dental care, education, general living and housing, these are all benefits which previous generations, most likely including your own, have all enjoyed.

Stacey's admitted to doing this show to get cash to invest in her son's long term future, fair play to her I think.
  • Options
    kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    Hell no. Are you mad? 21 is the prime age for dressing from head to toe in black, reading unspeakable books by people like Jean Genet and listening to Lou Reed's worst albums on auto-repeat. (Possibly not Metal Machine Music, come to think of it. ) And for waking up in the morning with an empty wine bottle at your feet and a cold kebab in your pocket. I don't think the sun even peeped out from behind the clouds until I was 30.

My university class is full of 19-23 year olds and I've never met anyone like what you described.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Isn't the whole point of doing what she's doing the fact that she wants to improve herself and make a better life for her son?

If she's succesful in her dream you get exactly what you want and you'll never have to "pay for her" again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    They may be older taxpayers, but it was their decision to help out. And with regards to the medical care, dental care, education, general living and housing, these are all benefits which previous generations, most likely including your own, have all enjoyed.

Stacey's admitted to doing this show to get cash to invest in her son's long term future, fair play to her I think.

I have worked since i was16 and have been sucessful so i have a decent income. I am happy to pay into our social welfare state to support people who need help with their housing, living costs and medical care. I would pay more to improve housing and adult mental health provision which is woefully inadequate.
    I am fortunate that I personally have taken very little from the state, a few fillings and the odd visit to a GP.

It remains a stupid and selfish act to have a child and expect yor parents and society to pay for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't the whole point of doing what she's doing the fact that she wants to improve herself and make a better life for her son?

If she's succesful in her dream you get exactly what you want and you'll never have to "pay for her" again.

No... it was thoughtless and ignorant to have the child with no means of support in the first place.
    However once in that situation parents should get a job and provide finacial. physical, emotional and moral care for their children. This is done by working.... which believe it not , isnt limited to becoming a 'celebrity'. She is chasing her dream while her child is , for the 2nd time in a young life, left in the care of her parents. And face it, they raised at thick girl who got pregnant to a man who didnt marry her but left her.

But hey ho... apparently she is lovely, nice and funny
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    I have worked since i was16 and have been sucessful so i have a decent income. I am happy to pay into our social welfare state to support people who need help with their housing, living costs and medical care. I would pay more to improve housing and adult mental health provision which is woefully inadequate.
    I am fortunate that I personally have taken very little from the state, a few fillings and the odd visit to a GP.

It remains a stupid and selfish act to have a child and expect yor parents and society to pay for it.

Here is an interview with her.
    So Stacey found a college with a crèche, studied during the day and worked at night as a waitress to support herself and her son - until The X Factor.

'I've never expected anything from anyone in my life,' she says. 'For me to sit there after Zach and never work again - to live on handouts - would have been completely wrong. If you can't physically work, that's what benefits are for. But I can.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1328359/Im-Celebrity-2010-Stacey-Solomon-endure-hunger-son-better-life.html#ixzz16zm4oHnT
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    So Stacey found a college with a crèche, studied during the day and worked at night as a waitress to support herself and her son - until The X Factor.

'I've never expected anything from anyone in my life,' she says. 'For me to sit there after Zach and never work again - to live on handouts - would have been completely wrong. If you can't physically work, that's what benefits are for. But I can.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1328359/Im-Celebrity-2010-Stacey-Solomon-endure-hunger-son-better-life.html#ixzz16zm4oHnT

Good for her!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Stacey does not have any idea of how to be manipulative. On that occasion, she probably just asked a question that popped into her head and then forgot about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, i know that's what the daily mail says... but it's not strictly the case.
    Anyway... i paid for her college with a creche and her waitressing wages dont cover the costs.
    There is no argument against what I say Im afraid.
    I'm done explaining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyway... i paid for her college with a creche and her waitressing wages dont cover the costs.
    I'm done explaining.

So, do you object to anyone going to college? We all pay for students through our taxes - and when the students grow up and make money they pay too. I suspect Stacey will end up paying more tax than you, I and several other members of this forum put together.

Or is your objection just to women who happen to have an accidental pregnancy and then decide to continue their studies and make a life for themselves and their child- they are somehow less deserving of an education than others?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, do you object to anyone going to college? We all pay for students through our taxes - and when the students grow up and make money they pay too. I suspect Stacey will end up paying more tax than you, I and several other members of this forum put together.

Or is your objection just to women who happen to have an accidental pregnancy and then decide to continue their studies and make a life for themselves and their child- they are somehow less deserving of an education than others?

of course I said nothing of the sort.
    I've explained and as I said, I'm done explaining. :)
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm done explaining.

:Perhaps you advocate going back to the days when unmarried girls who got pregnant were sent away from their families to mother and baby homes, or to relatives elsewhere in the country,and then were basically forced to have their babies adopted. Or were made to feel so ashamed that they had abortions or,even worse, illegal abortions.

I don't have children but my taxes go towards paying for the education of all children in this country whether their parents are married or not.

What would you rather her have done...tried to further her education in order to get a better job in the future or sat on her backside in a council flat bemoaning her fate?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :Perhaps you advocate going back to the days when unmarried girls who got pregnant were sent away from their families to mother and baby homes, or to relatives elsewhere in the country,and then were basically forced to have their babies adopted. Or were made to feel so ashamed that they had abortions or,even worse, illegal abortions.

I don't have children but my taxes go towards paying for the education of all children in this country whether their parents are married or not.

What would you rather her have done...tried to further her education in order to get a better job in the future or sat on her backside in a council flat bemoaning her fate?

As a response to what I am saying this seems rather unrelated.
    Good night :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    of course I said nothing of the sort.
    I've explained and as I said, I'm done explaining. :)

I didn't say you did - I asked a question.

You accused Stacey of having "no means of support when she had that baby", which is evidently not true - she worked as a waitress. She wasn't any more of a burden on the State than millions of other lower paid people who perhaps get more in services (such as a college creche) than they pay in taxes. You were probably one of them when you started working, so was I. What matters is that she worked and continues to work to support herself - and like you and I she probably pays much more now in tax than she was ever given in services. The difference - certainly in my case - is she is doing that at a far younger age than I managed.

So far from being any kind of leech on society, Stacey is a significant contributor to it and doesn't deserve the type of unfounded criticism you levelled at her.