Options

Blackpool man beaten up in "homophobic" attack...

2»

Comments

• Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An idiot for getting caught out, and the embarrassment he must now be facing must be horrible too - he dented his teeth on the pavement, but he dented his pride with his actions.

All the same, it's a shame that the message he preached is still one that needs preaching in today's society. Most people with bloodied images like these who claim to have been victims of homophobic attacks genuinely are. I feel conflicted that he was fighting a good cause, but doing it in an utterly stupid way.

Hd should be arrested for wasting police time.
    What good fight was he fighting? Itwasn't real. He's a nuisance attention seeker longing to claim victim status.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    He's absolutely milked it on his Facebook page, repeating the story as the attention gathered pace. He's a fantasist, and on the face of it, a rather disturbed young man.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Detective Inspector Paddy O’Neill said: 'We managed to recover some CCTV footage which shows the injured party falling face-first onto the pavement. We have showed him the CCTV and he now accepts his injuries were caused during the fall.
    'Having had oversight of the investigation... I accept his report was made in good faith.'

Quite possibly the most useless copper in the world. It is genuinely beyond belief why this little s**t isn't being charged.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Needs to pay attention to where he's walking.

Or he might end up on the slab.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG don't click the Daily Mail link.

There's quite a disturbing picture of his top set of teeth!!! UGH! *shudder*
  • Options
    Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »

There's quite a disturbing picture of his top set of teeth!!! UGH! *shudder*

Guess he'll be an organ grinder now !
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luckily for him most will only know what he looks like with his face all bruised and swollen. He must feel a right berk.

(I was going to put knob end, but I don't think he'll be doing much of that until he gets his face fixed :D)
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    During the course of my life i have been attacked on multiple occasions by the floor. It is a travesty and more should be done to stop it.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    During the course of my life i have been attacked on multiple occasions by the floor. It is a travesty and more should be done to stop it.
    Call Injurylawyers4u. No win no fee blah blah blah...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    Call Injurylawyers4u. No win no fee blah blah blah...

I'm setting up an action group to bring to attention floor violence. It is out of control and it is only a matter of time before we hear of another tragic incident.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stood on a lego, is that a hate crime?
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's made it just that bit harder now for a genuine homophobia victim to come forward or indeed even be believed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry for bumping this but I just find it absolutely hilarious when attention seekers get caught out. :D He's now posted this on Facebook -
    I haven’t lied to anyone or about anything, my genuinely belief was due to previous events in the night and the state I was in, I put 2 and 2 together and unfortunately got 5, my lack of memory of the night which I made clear from the beginning of the investigation did not support me in any form. There is no evidence to support an attack only to support a fall, it’s in my best interest to work with the people who have supported me throughout not against. What’s most important for me is my close friends and family understand where i’m coming from therefore those who have my number have the means to contact me personally, then do so.

For anyone who may be personally offended, hurt and damaged then, I can only but apologise for these unfortunate events, this is the last the topic will be brought up and any comments etc will not be acknowledged, only the people closest and most dearest will understand if they dont please contact me and I will explain, simple.

One thing I’m not, is a coward, I do not hide and I will not hide, I am doing what has been advised best for me.

I thank every person who is still by my side supporting me.

I just love his long, essay type Facebook status updates. So dramatic and over the top. Unsurprisingly, the amount of "likes" and "shares" this status got was nowhere near the ones before he was found. :D

Am I cruel for enjoying this?
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    I stood on a lego, is that a hate crime?

Was it a black or white piece of Lego?
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry for bumping this but I just find it absolutely hilarious when attention seekers get caught out. :D He's now posted this on Facebook -

I just love his long, essay type Facebook status updates. So dramatic and over the top. Unsurprisingly, the amount of "likes" and "shares" this status got was nowhere near the ones before he was found. :D

In the hands of a good director, this would make a good satirical film. A modern-day parable about society's rush to claim homophobia and this guy's attempt to exploit our obsession with it.
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    There was a guy who called him out and said that he knew he was lying before this was revealed and was getting insults and death threats hurled at him left right and centre.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the hands of a good director, this would make a good satirical film. A modern-day parable about society's rush to claim homophobia and this guy's attempt to exploit our obsession with it.

What a pathetic response homophobia is rife in society and is actually under reported if you even bothered to check up the official statistics regarding workplace homophobia, school homophobia and the under reporting of homophobic hate crimes to the police you`d realise it is a major problem within society but instead you like many others in this thread use your own passive-prejudice to cloud your own judgment.

This man is a complete idiot for faking something as serious as this and should be condemned for wasting police time but there is absolutely no need to accuse all victims of homophobia as attention seekers like racism both are now against the law in terms of hate crimes and discrimination and so they should be.
  • Options
    Merkin ParadeMerkin Parade Posts: 277
    Forum Member

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

I must admit I enjoyed it too! :D