Woman in Question Time audience pwns the MPs! (29.04.10)

DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
Forum Member
✭✭
This woman absolutely said what everyone's thinking! Ed Balls was speechless!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ry0LmFP3Ig

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "you work for us"

Shame the clip doesn't show the panels response.
  • FOXPRESIDENTFOXPRESIDENT Posts: 4,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thediceman wrote: »
    "you work for us"

She should be proud!

Hell, she should stand for election!
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    She was superb!

They've forgotten that they work for us.
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pwns - this silly 'word' hasn't died it seems.
  • RobinMcClarnonRobinMcClarnon Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should be proud!

Hell, she should stand for election!

In what way are eating lots of cakes and shouting the right qualities for our elected representatives?
  • D-J-SD-J-S Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was just another loud-mouthed moron who just wanted to shout at the MP's. When asked what she felt she wasn't being answered she said "the whole lot". What the hell does that mean? Typical of the new moronic attitude of disrespect that has crept into our society.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In what way are eating lots of cakes and shouting the right qualities for our elected representatives?

Worked for Eric Pickles
  • mousymousy Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Worked for Eric Pickles
    not to mention churchill
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thediceman wrote: »
    "you work for us"

I think it was just more of the same guff they always come out with, and first they went to others in the audience anyway so it would've lost its momentum. Her bit was the highlight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D-J-S wrote: »
    I thought she was just another loud-mouthed moron who just wanted to shout at the MP's. When asked what she felt she wasn't being answered she said "the whole lot". What the hell does that mean? Typical of the new moronic attitude of disrespect that has crept into our society.

"The whole lot" = every single time they evade answers to questions. She wanted them to stop that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wuz just tryina get down wiv da kids like, ya get me?

(takes blue pill)

How now, brown cow! Ah, that's better I'm talking like a real person again.
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would expect that the brummie rolly polly woman is pretty much like a lot the electorate. She wants the politicians to state what cuts and tax rises are comming our way - but would boo and berate them if they did. It's the same way that people say they know hard times are ahead, and that money has to be saved, but won't accept if they're told where,how and when.
    The public sector needs to be slashed- drastically. The only jobs advertised in my local papers are almost 90% local gov/council ones. It's quite shocking what they advertise as a 'job' sometimes, and yet all they bleat on about is the need to 'protect frontline services' from cuts. What about the huge amount of non-jobs at councils?:mad:
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    you go girlfriend! *snaps fingers* :D
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member

Yup yet another cheap shot rant, nothing special.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Couldn't have put it better myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    I think it was great, she's right MPs never answer questions directly, someone asks them a question and they skirt around it. E.g. "How are you going to improve the education system?"
    "I have 2 young children .. they do extremely well in school ... i'm dedicated to improving our educational system and we will make that happen ..."
    Yes, but HOW?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the whole of Question Time so know where this woman is coming from. A question was put to the panel about raising VAT. They were asked would they put VAT up in the next parliament. Fox said the Torys had no plans to do this. There was a gasp from the audience at this slippery answer and after being pressed several times he said there were no plans but couldn't rule it out totally. Vince Cable gave the same answer.
    Ed Balls reply was totally different though. He said that if the Tory's got in power they would raise VAT within months of getting in office. This drew and angry response and was pressed again to answer the question. He then said Labour had been in power 13 years and had never raised VAT. This caused a round of boos. Dimbleby cornered him and said we want to hear you, the labour rep on the panel, give an answer to the question about Labour policy. Balls squirmed and trotted out another quip at the Torys. This is what caused the angry response from the woman. She was fully supported by the audience in general.
    I also watched This Week. Andrew Neill gave Dianne Abott a severe rebuke for a similar thing. Portillo was asked why Cameron wasn't way ahead in the polls. Portillo agreed Cam was struggling and said he hadn't the killer streak. When Abott was asked why Brown was doing so badly in the polls she replied the real question was why is Cameron not way ahead. Neill told her firmly the question was about Brown not Cameron and to answer it. She looked really miffed and said people don't really like Brown.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member

Totally agree. When asked to actually make specific points she floundered. It's easy to get a cheap shot by playing the "us and them" card but anyone can do that (and have done so many times on Question Time - it's always guaranteed an applause).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    Totally agree. When asked to actually make specific points she floundered. It's easy to get a cheap shot by playing the "us and them" card but anyone can do that (and have done so many times on Question Time - it's always guaranteed an applause).

That clip doesn't show the whole thing. She then goes on to tell Balls to answer the question about VAT which he clearly evades again. Ed Balls along with Fox & Cable were all visible squirming because the audience wouldn't accept the evasive answers. Balls was the most put out because he wouldn't give the 'no plans but can't rule it out' line the other 2 were forced to eventually trot out.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She just wanted to be the next Mrs Duffy but it did'nt work:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    She just wanted to be the next Mrs Duffy but it did'nt work:D:D

It did. She nailed Ed Balls and he was left red faced and squirming. Fox and Cable were rattled as well because the audience gave them a hard time on the VAT answer. This was nearly up there with the time Beckett and Ming Campbell were bood when they were on during the height of the expenses scandal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain this word to me? I'm clearly not 'down with the kids' :)
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It did. She nailed Ed Balls and he was left red faced and squirming. Fox and Cable were rattled as well because the audience gave them a hard time on the VAT answer. This was nearly up there with the time Beckett and Ming Campbell were bood when they were on during the height of the expenses scandal.

Yes but has she got the police outside her home? is she in the newspapers? are they wanting to give her 50.000 grand for her story?:eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    isopap wrote: »
    Can anyone explain this word to me? I'm clearly not 'down with the kids' :)

I'm an old dinosaur so I thought it was a spelling mistake. Owns means when someone totally gets the better of someone. Maybe somebody can educate us both.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an old dinosaur so I thought it was a spelling mistake. Owns means when someone totally gets the better of someone. Maybe somebody can educate us both.

Well owns would make more sense than pwns, looking forward to us both being educated :)