Items sent last Tuesday from Amazon not arrived.

crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Never had delays before but they do say to allow one or two extra days due to the weather. Had an order despatched last Tuesday with an estimated delivery date of 4th, Saturday. Usually have them on the 2nd or 3rd day after despatch. Even allowing for the extra days I should have had it today. Anyone else had items dispatched last Tuesday and still waiting?

Comments

• Miss_TrustMiss_Trust Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of my stuff ordered in the last 10-12 days has been about 5 days late (or is still pending delivery). I assume they're distributing from somewhere inclement as the weather is fine where I am.
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are major delays in many parts of the country due to snow, and in other areas that are now clear they are still clearing the backlog caused by the bad weather last week. If your item has been sent from an area where there are still problems, it'll still be held up. All you can do is wait.
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm waiting on stuff too. The weather has been terrible, though.
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my items was dispatched Recorded Delivery on Monday 29th and is still not here. It was coming from Slough, wherever that is.

The snow where I am is bad though - we had another 7 inches yesterday!
  • kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    One of my items was dispatched Recorded Delivery on Monday 29th and is still not here. It was coming from Slough, wherever that is.

The snow where I am is bad though - we had another 7 inches yesterday!

Slough is London. I didn't think the weather was bad on the 29th though so I would personally be chasing that one
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else had items dispatched last Tuesday and still waiting?

Me! :cool: I made sure that it was something small that it could be send via Royal Mail and put through the letterbox if need be, but still not received it. But it's not that urgent, I'll only worry if my account shows that it has been received by me when it hasn't!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been waiting 2 weeks for stuff from superdrug . Nothing you can do really is there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for a tracked delivery one dispatched on Wednesday, but there's no tracking info available since then - maybe the sticker fell off? :p Another tracked one arrived yesterday which was dispatched on the 28th, it had been stuck at the Sheffield depot since Tuesday. There's also a Marketplace one which was dispatched on the 24th via second class that hasn't arrived yet! :D

(I'm aware this hasn't been the most exciting post. :p)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this is a bit off topic but have royal mail started sunday deliveries yet? i remember getting parcels on a sunday last christmas.
  • BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    Had an email saying my items were dispatched on the 1st, still waiting. Royal Mail are terrible, they need a proper kick up the arse. I live in an area unaffected by major snowfall. Today I received one 2nd class letter posted within my town on the 30th, and a 1st class letter posted on the 3rd.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stephmcuk wrote: »
    I know this is a bit off topic but have royal mail started sunday deliveries yet? i remember getting parcels on a sunday last christmas.

They were delivering across the North East on Sunday gone (but I believe that was mainly because there'd been no postal deliveries all week)

I've had no post since 12 days ago, can't wait for when Royal Mail eventually get off their arses
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bagpipes wrote: »
    Had an email saying my items were dispatched on the 1st, still waiting. Royal Mail are terrible, they need a proper kick up the arse. I live in an area unaffected by major snowfall.
    Yes, but if the items you are waiting for were despatched from an area that has been affected by major snowfall, the fact that you haven't doesn't mean you aren't going to be affected. That isn't Royal Mail's fault.
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slough is London. I didn't think the weather was bad on the 29th though so I would personally be chasing that one
    Thing is, we've had terrible snow since the 28th up here and it's just gotten worse. So, if the parcel made it to the Glasgow sorting office for say the 1st, it's going to be stuck somewhere as Royal Mail have had to drop their guarantee on Recorded Special Deliveries due to the weather.

And yesterday's weather will not have helped either. In the last 2 weeks we've only had 3 days of post.
  • †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ordered from Amazon on the 27th, it was despatched on the 29th and still not here :(
  • Miriams SisterMiriams Sister Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    I ordered some books on Amazon on the 2nd december. According to the tracking link, they arrived in Scotland this morning. I live on the south coast near Portsmouth! We'll see when they get delivered, I will let you know.
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something I ordered from Amazon that was dispatched on the 1st, I got two days later. But I ordered something on the 27th Nov, still not arrived.
  • hils0912hils0912 Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    My husband had his order sent on Tuesday and he received it on Friday! Was nothing exciting though only a DVD!
  • BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    Yes, but if the items you are waiting for were despatched from an area that has been affected by major snowfall, the fact that you haven't doesn't mean you aren't going to be affected. That isn't Royal Mail's fault.

Did you miss the bit about the letters posted within my own town? 2nd class posted on the 30th, arrived today. 1st class posted on the 3rd, arrived today. Royal Mail are rubbish.
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had an item sent last Saturday (27th Nov) and received that yesterday (6th Dec) and I also had a DVD posted yesterday and received that today and both were sent with Super Saver Delivery, so I guess the first one was delayed because of the snow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bagpipes wrote: »
    Did you miss the bit about the letters posted within my own town? 2nd class posted on the 30th, arrived today. 1st class posted on the 3rd, arrived today. Royal Mail are rubbish.

The first class delivery was technically within Royal Mail's usual delivery estimates-since Sunday is not a working day, if you posted it after the last collection on Friday 3rd it would not have been collected until saturday morning arrived until Monday at the earliest and would still have only taken a day from collection to delivery. As it was, it took two. If you posted it in time for Friday's last collection, it took three. First class post can take 1-3 working days. Second class post tends not to be highly prioritized when there's a backlog caused by a period of bad weather and can usually take 3-5 working days anyway, as advertised. There is nothing wrong with the service you have received.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reading this thread has got me a tad worried, just earlier this afternoon I ordered 17 items from Amazon for my son for Christmas. Yes, I am stupid for leaving it til now. :o

Just checked the order status though and 1 has been dispatched, 15 are dispatching soon and 1 isn't doing a great deal yet. So I'm feeling a little better, and hopefully will arrive by the 25th!!! :D:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Coolboy lives in Scotland which has been fairly badly hit with snow, so the delivery is likely stuck halfway up the country.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon are pretty bad and with this weather then I doubt I will see a couple of Xmas prezzies I ordered until the New Year. I once ordered a book for uni, we had to read the whole thing then write a 2000 word essay regarding the contents. It took over a month to arrive (I ordered it online as it was the only place I could find it), just the day after my essay was due in in-fact. I failed the essay unsurprisingly :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neb Adra wrote: »
    Amazon are pretty bad and with this weather then I doubt I will see a couple of Xmas prezzies I ordered until the New Year. I once ordered a book for uni, we had to read the whole thing then write a 2000 word essay regarding the contents. It took over a month to arrive (I ordered it online as it was the only place I could find it), just the day after my essay was due in in-fact. I failed the essay unsurprisingly :p

I've never had an experience like that when buying from Amazon themselves. Was your book bought from Amazon or just off Amazon and from a private seller using their system?
  • Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are major delays in many parts of the country due to snow, and in other areas that are now clear they are still clearing the backlog caused by the bad weather last week. If your item has been sent from an area where there are still problems, it'll still be held up. All you can do is wait.

^ this
    The snow has gone here now, but in some parts it's still going on! So it's not about where it is going to or even where it's coming from, it can even be a problem in between!