Options

Dress of the week

Comments

• Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ola & Sunetra both had gorgeous dressses tonight.
  • Options
    mollsshewrotemollsshewrote Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I do wonder if Caroline's dresses are an afterthought. The gold fringe cha cha dress from week one was different but nice it's been downhill since then.

Sunetra, Iveta, Pixie and Frankie had great frocks this week. The guys were dressed better too.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ola who looked sublime

Iveta - hands down.

Saw Vicky on ITT going through costumes. Said how heavy it was but Iveta could handle it & Thom said the 1st time he felt it during a practice run, said it felt incredible.
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott

I'll get me coat :p
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,626
    Forum Member
    I agree with other posters that Ola & Iveta's dresses were the most beautiful, but disagree on Sunetra's - hated it! :p
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iveta's dress and performance probably led to Thom's "demise."
    I didn't notice him and I'm sure others didn't either.
  • Options
    jessanmollyljessanmollyl Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I thought Sunetra's dress was awful.
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline's was definitely not it imo
  • Options
    BadWigeonBadWigeon Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My OH and I both commented that they looked like proper ballroom dresses tonight, with a bit of a retro feel. I was surprised at the colour of Sunetra's but it worked well. Caroline has a short body so doesn't appear quite as willowy as Fra/xie and seems or have had the 'value' range costumes. It's a shame because she could look sensational in some better costumes.

It must be hellish dressing Alison though. It's not so much that she's large but how her weight is distributed. Because it is centrally distributed she has absolutely no waist so any tailoring has so come from her under her boobs to effect a pseudo waist. But that the accentuates the comparative slimness of her legs and the flattest of feet. She's also not appearing to be changing shape either - which Lisa never stopped reminding us she did when she was competing.

I seem to have seen a lot more gussets than normal this year too!
  • Options
    tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunetra looked gorgeous - lovely dress & hair
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Sunetra's, I had the same reaction as the guy in the backstage pic (on the BBC website) :blush:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p029dpmt
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly O/T but I didn't realise the BBC posted backstage pics, so thanks for that Sherlock. The photo of Aljaž dancing with Judy is brilliant - they both appear to be having genuine fun.
  • Options
    bluejumperbluejumper Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Frankies dress... Would be a beautiful prom dress... Ola looked beautiful.. Beautiful colour... Pixie for best costume!
  • Options
    MissT10MissT10 Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    MayD wrote: »
    Caroline's was definitely not it imo

As other posters have mentioned, I do start to wonder if she has annoyed someone in wardrobe and is being punished.
  • Options
    RosegrowerRosegrower Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Sunetra's for me. Can't remember what Ola was wearing though. Was it pink?
  • Options
    kaloukkalouk Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunetra's dress was my favourite but have to mention Darcy's I thought it was gorgeous!
  • Options
    jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AT LAST, some lovely dresses tonight...

Couldn't agree more. First time this series, as been some real frocky horror shows. Even the male dancers' outfits improved :).
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ola by far, then Kristina and Iveta. :)
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,626
    Forum Member
    Sunetra's, I had the same reaction as the guy in the backstage pic (on the BBC website) :blush:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p029dpmt
    Is Sunetra wearing the same dress? It's looks black in the backstage pic and the top looks prettier. I really dislike brown, in fact there wasn't anything about Sunetra's dress that I did like.
    kalouk wrote: »
    Sunetra's dress was my favourite but have to mention Darcy's I thought it was gorgeous !

I loved it too, also the one she wore last week, also thought her hair looked lovely last week - not so much this week. :-/
  • Options
    PinkDiamondPinkDiamond Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Ola's and thought her hair was beautiful too. Also liked Iveta's and Pixie's, they both looked amazing. Agree with previous posters that Caroline doesn't seem to be having much luck with her dresses - assume she missed out on red for her paso dress because Pixie and Alison wore red which was a shame. I didn't like her hair or makeup last night either, although I loved her performance.
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After last week's mess, the outfits this week were beautiful.
    More like this please!
  • Options
    fermynfermyn Posts: 2,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Ola's dress - but can't get over how much Joanne looks like a young Nicole Kidman with her curly hair.
  • Options
    strictlydivastrictlydiva Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ola looked lovely and I also loved Ivetas!
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmm, wardrobe on the whole much, much better and none of those nasty frocks that Ola in particular gets which look like a hankie has been stitched on as an afterthought.
    I quite liked Judy's, in particular the colour on her, same for Joanne. Liked Sunitra's but thought Ola looked stunning, the colour suited her and her hair looked lovely.
    Caroline's I liked least, she does seem to draw the short straw week on week, the two tone colours looked cheap and tacky.
  • Options
    LancslassLancslass Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    Loved Ola's dress and gorgeous hair style, also Sunetra's dress was fantastic.

I love the traditional ballroom dresses and the men's tail suits too. Lovely. More of these please.