Best dress/Worst dress

penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
Forum Member
✭✭
Sunetra in the No.1 slot for me, with Pixie close behind.

Poor old Caroline looked like she was wearing something from a 70's charity shop. Dreadful.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Pixie looked absolutely spectacular tonight. Like a real old-school Hollywood star.
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Poor old Caroline looked like she was wearing something from a 70's charity shop. Dreadful.

Yes I agree with the above.

Caroline is an attractive lady but the dress was wrong - I think it was that the white part went too far down on the bodice.
  • pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have come to the conclusion that wardrobe love Sunetra and hate Caroline. Why do we not get the gorgeous ballroom dresses we used to get when Lilia was still in the show? She used to have stunning dresses. It's all ragbag crappy looking stuff now.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see Frankie and Kevin in something that wouldn't look at home in the 50s.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Can't decide between Pixie and Sunetra for best dress as both looked gorgeous.

Yet again they took slim, attractive Caroline and made her look squat, dumpy and shapeless. Her top half looked like a macramé shopping bag with two large honeydew melons shoved in it.
  • sonic157sonic157 Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunetra followed by Frankie. Caroline - worst.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked a lot of the dresses tonight (and appreciated Simon's suit, too :))

Agree with this. Sunetra looked gorgeous and the red dress was beautiful on Pixie. Poor Caroline in another horrible frock. Vicky was determined to force her into that macrame top at some stage. Just awful!
  • phoebefairphoebefair Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline's dress is always the worst. I have no idea why.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did Caroline do to the Costume department :o:confused: Every week, her dresses keep getting worse :o:confused:

She is such a beautiful woman and they make her look so frumpy at times.....I didnt like her waltz dress tonight :(

By contrast, Sunetra, Pixie and Frankie are always the best dressed; especially Sunetra.
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yet again they took slim, attractive Caroline and made her look squat, dumpy and shapeless. Her top half looked like a macramé shopping bag with two large honeydew melons shoved in it.

That's it exactly - poor Caroline - please give her something nice to wear next week!
  • pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caroline has a great figure and this shapeless horror completely obliterated it.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Absolutely, you summed it up perfectly . I also wish Caroline would stop referring to herself as a tomboy . She's not doing herself any favours .
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    What did Caroline do to the Costume department :o:confused: Every week, her dresses keep getting worse :o:confused:

She is such a beautiful woman and they make her look so frumpy at times.....I didnt like her waltz dress tonight :(

By contrast, Sunetra, Pixie and Frankie are always the best dressed; especially Sunetra.
    My mum mentioned something I hadn't clocked. She watches ITT religiously, and said the costume woman had been wanting to use the fabric, (if you can call it that!) that was on on Caroline's upper half, for a while now. If that's true, then they had the fabric and were absolutely determined to sell it as a great costume choice to someone - clearly Caroline fell for the hard sell of 'it looks edgy and different'. The problem is, you can't do a waltz to a Lionel Ritchie schmaltz-fest of a song, and look 'edgy'. it doesn't work. I get that they want to keep them looking individual, but Caroline's whole look, since the beginning, has been a bit of a mess. Her hair is often dreadful, her make-up just a bit messy looking - I'm starting to think she actually wants it like that! I can't believe that make-up, hair and costumes are all doing a bad job on just one person, when every other female, pro and celeb, is turned out looking (almost always) fanastic!
  • Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree. Sunetra's dress was one of the loveliest ones I've seen on Strictly. She's doing well by wardrobe.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dizzie wrote: »
    My mum mentioned something I hadn't clocked. She watches ITT religiously, and said the costume woman had been wanting to use the fabric (if you can call it that!) on Caroline's upper half for a while now. If that's true, then they had the fabric and were absolutely determined to sell it as a great costume choice to someone - clearly Caroline fell for the hard sell of 'it looks edgy and different'. The problem is, you can't do a waltz to a Lionel Ritchie schmaltz-fest of a song, and look 'edgy'. it doesn't work. I get that they want to keep them looking individual, but Caroline's whole look, since the beginning, has been a bit of a mess. Her hair is often dreadful, her make-up just a bit messy looking - I'm starting to think she actually wants it like that! I can't believe that make-up, hair and costumes are all doing a bad job on just one person, when every other female, pro and celeb, is turned out looking (almost always) fanastic!

The macrame/tatting was originally ear marked for Pixie. Pixie it seems has more idea of what looks good on her and isn't taken in my the magic mirror in Wardrobe and everyone earnestly telling her, no really it looks great.
  • brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunetra or Pixie both had lovely dresses. Caroline fills the worse dressed slot yet again. Someone needs to have a word either with Caroline or Vicky Gill and tell her to stop trying to sabotage Carolines chances of winning. Also nothing against tattoos but she was trying to be all graceful, and floaty but the big butterfly tattoo on her back didnt help.
    The budget for wardrobe must be cut as i have never seen so many cheap looking dresses as this year.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIKED.
    Pixie (dress, hair and makeup) I really liked!
    Simon and Marc (smart and I love tails in ballroom).

Sort of Liked.
    Sunetra (the top half of her dress was ok, hair was nice, but didn't like the bottom of the dress colour wise).
    Kristina (dress itself okish, though not keen on the long neck scarf or the bosom detailing).

DISLIKED (to whatever varying degree).
    Judy & Anton, Karen, Janette, Ola, Caroline, Kevin, Alison, Anton,
    Overall didn't like the style or colouring of their attire (or both). I thought Caroline should have been in something that looked less flat to her body and more shaped around her. I know pixie's dress wasn't outwardly shaped, but it still have a nice enough cut that hung well on her even if light weight in shape. On top of that, style and colour not great either, poor Caroline,
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I totally agree with the comments above. Pixie and Sunetra both looked wonderful and I love the pink number worn by either Karen or Jeanette (forget which now)

But that shapeless blue dress did nothing for Caroline. It looked like she was dancing in her nightly which might have been OK for a rumba but not for a waltz. I also though the halter neck made her look top heavy.
  • brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually spent her whole dance mentally 'fixing' the strands that were all out of line across her boobs! They were driving me mad - i cant believe that wardrobe wouldnt have even fixed that for her before she went out:o
  • Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline keeps getting rubbish, rubbish outfits.

Maybe she has a load of hidden insecurities that wardrobe have to hide behind horrible outfits each week, I don't know. If she does then it's a shame because she's got a figure to die for and with latin dancing especially you can really flaunt it if you've got it!
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Caroline seems to get the sh*t end of the stick with wardrobe, makeup and music every week

TPTB must really have it in for her, Im starting to wonder if wardrobe are big fans of Harry Styles
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline is an attractive woman but I don't think she has a narrow waistline and some dresses, particularly Saturday's dress, don't suit her.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Caroline has a quirky style and they are enhancing that presumably with her consent.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you look at Kristina's Dress, Joanne wore the same dress earlier in the series for the American Smooth but with a pink voile cover over the gold detailing.
  • Pauline_TynanPauline_Tynan Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Caroline's dress was awful and did not flatter her at all.
    Pixies was nice as was Sunetras and Karens.

SCD are favoring Pixie I think. They should be delighted to have an ex X Factor person on the show to annoy SC