Options

Miranda - Series Two

Comments

• Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    God, I hate this woman.

What is remotely funny about an ugly, clumsy fat bint mugging to the camera all the time?

Prime BBC3 fodder.

Miranda isn't ugly or fat.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't laughed so much in ages.

Can't wait for next week!
  • Options
    Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd point out that Miranda isn't fooling anyway with the pouring of that orange juice in the 'It's Raining Men' sequence. :p
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My rule of thumb on comedy is if the trailer looks weak the show is probably going to be much worse. So imagine my surprise, given how awful it looked from the trailers, when I found that I really enjoyed this show. I can only assume that having a dreadful trailer is all part of the concept.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Miranda isn't ugly or fat.

Really?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is totally spoiled for me by the Stevie character .. Miranda is great, but surely the 'foil' should be cool, laid back, etc. I can't watch the scenes in the shop because of Stevie .. she is like a throwback (not in a good way) to the overdone, unfunny, tv sitcom characters of the 70s.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it! cracked up when she was curtseying to the new chef, Michael Landes is always welcome too, keep it coming.
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Michael Landes in the eccentric but brilliant "Special Unit 2". Has he fallen on hard times?
  • Options
    ianbianb Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved last nights episode so glad it is back, very childish but the fart joke had me crying with laughter and when the coat was in the flat I could not stop laughing.
    (flipping big goat mind!)
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    LOVED last nights show, I was a bit worried it might have 'changed' but it was just as good. It is so silly and uncool and so endearing for those exact reasons, myself & my husband laughed thoroughout, and when it was over we had big grins on our faces, very refreshing in these times to watch an old fashioned comedy. Can't wait for next week.

ETA the sushi bar was hysterical!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    God, I hate this woman.

What is remotely funny about an ugly, clumsy fat bint mugging to the camera all the time?

Prime BBC3 fodder.

What a vile, small-minded comment.

Do you always comment on others solely based on your view of their attractiveness? Maybe that Johnny Vegas is obese or David Mitchell and Michael McIntyre used to be fat?

You either like their work or not, their level of beauty does not come into it.

And she is not ugly or fat, in my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent as I expected
  • Options
    ste1969ste1969 Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unorthodox wrote: »
    do you guys think this show is in the top 3 greatest british comedies of all time? i genuinely think if they keep up with the high comedic value like they've been doing it might just be.

its funny but top 3?
    in no particular order
    only fools
    dads army
    rising damp
    fawlty towers
    steptoe and son
    porridge
    black adder
  • Options
    LucaLuca Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About as funny as watching her near relative Margaret Beckett disucssing MPs expenses issues on Question Time.

No...cancel that...Margaret Beckett is funnier.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched it on Iplayer. It was just brilliant!
  • Options
    kernow19kernow19 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, really
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it!

Several laugh-out-loud moments - maybe not the most original or cutting edge comedy, but it made me laugh on a grim Monday evening after a depressing day at work.
  • Options
    Mo from t'marketMo from t'market Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it. Hilarious. I was giggling all the way through. So glad to see Gary back too!

Nude fondue night sounds a hoot!
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very underrated series this. I love the way it pokes fun at the idiots we all are inside. Self-deprecating humour that connects :)
  • Options
    FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not checked out series two but series one was very strange for me.

Some episodes I was ROTFLMAO, others I din't raise a smile.

Maybe it's a show for a particular mood.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    It may be a controversial thing to say but I thought Miranda was funnier than The Trip.
  • Options
    nvellanvella Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to give Miranda another chance tonight. I love Miranda Hart herself, but I think I got put off the show fairly early into the first episode (I seem to remember something about chocolate penises). Then everyone started going on about how brilliant it is and I've felt like I've been missing out!

I caught the Series 2 trailer purely by chance and one part in particular really made me laugh out loud, silly as it was, so I'm going to give it another go.

I decided to give it a try as people I really like love it - but no I loathe it - didn't even raise a smile. In fact I have the same response to her as I have to Dawn French.
  • Options
    Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    It may be a controversial thing to say but I thought Miranda was funnier than The Trip.

I agree. Didn't find The Trip that funny at all.
  • Options
    RyAn_?RyAn_? Posts: 6,283
    Forum Member
    Absolutely thrilled Miranda is back. So nice to have a bit of light-hearted slapstick comedy for the family to watch and enjoy!

Such a great ensemble cast too. Only complaint - I'd love a longer series :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Love it.