Yeah ok
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waste of time, mine.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read the thread title and immediately thought of Father Ted.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't looked at the link.........is it any good ?

I thought of that Italian renaissance architect....

Palladio ?

Good topic for an in depth discussion........
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I haven't looked at the link.........is it any good ?

I thought of that Italian renaissance architect....

Palladio ?

Good topic for an in depth discussion........

Don't bother.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    Don't bother.

I disagree... look at the Global Pharmaceutical Market for example, very interesting :eek: :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it interesting, especially the lift out of extreme poverty.
  • pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I like the link, it's always interesting to see stuff like that :D (I do have the Information Is Beautiful book, too...)

Eg, you could eradicate AIDS worldwide for the same amount of money as the US spent on the Iraq war in 2003.
  • Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »
    Eg, you could eradicate AIDS worldwide for the same amount of money as the US spent on the Iraq war in 2003.
    LoL - yes of course you could, Do you have a cure for cancer too?
  • pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LoL - yes of course you could, Do you have a cure for cancer too?
    Cancer and AIDS are very different. There are loads of ways to limit and hopefully eradicate AIDS, the same way we did smallpox. Mostly, the difference (I think) is that you can hope to eradicate contagious diseases but not ones that just develop.
  • Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cancer and AIDS are very different. There are loads of ways to limit and hopefully eradicate AIDS, the same way we did smallpox. Mostly, the difference (I think) is that you can hope to eradicate contagious diseases but not ones that just develop.
    Thanks for the biology lesson, but I was just laughing at your comedy post that incurable diseases can be cured if there was no more war

Perhaps if we all put on kaftans and held hands the world would be a better place?
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But do we want to?

There's a lot of things on the "wish list" that can be safely wished for because currently there's no chance of them happening. Then if/when they do happen it's taken for granted they are the right things to do.
    I'm not too sure whether that's a particually sensible way to go about planning for the future.

6 billion and rising.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dfgh wrote: »

dfgh, can you expand on your thread title: 'Perspective'? Your link can't speak for you...imho.

Put simply, exactly WHAT DO YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT?

Perspective is a WORD not a SUBJECT. You need to give the word a (subject) context for discussion. For example, you could ask - is the perspective of X more feasible that of Y in terms of improving Britain's criminal justice system?

Just a suggestion. No offence intended. :confused::confused::confused:
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭