Options

Pure Evoke Flow

124»

Comments

• Options
    VectorsumVectorsum Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last week a folder of custom stations seemed not fully to populate on my One Flow. Only exiting and re-entering the folder, sometimes two or three times, would make the desired station appears in the folder listing. When it appeared, though, it could be selected and played so maybe dissimilar to your issue?

In case there are some stale settings being archived on your set there, try the long press to standby then switch back on again. On a long press, you see the 'Standby Symbol' (circle with vertical at 12 o'clock) rather than the wifi card signal bar meter at upper left when powering down.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Working fine for me.
  • Options
    AmaraAmara Posts: 5,376
    Forum Member
    Since the last update a few weeks ago my Pure One Flow has a habit of losing my favourite stations then when I re-add them back they appear twice. The favourites menu also keeps going out of alphabetical order I've done a factory reset but its still happening. Every time they do an update it seems to be worse afterwards.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to have to repair the power lead of my Pure One Flow, tripped over it too many times and now intermittent operation! The strands of the wire will be broken in the plug. The same happened to the Pure Evoke Flow.
  • Options
    Mike NassourMike Nassour Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    My Evoke Flow was up and running fine last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Going to have to repair the power lead of my Pure One Flow, tripped over it too many times and now intermittent operation! The strands of the wire will be broken in the plug. The same happened to the Pure Evoke Flow.

I cut the plug open this morning but all seems OK, I think the fault is in the power supply itself so ordered a new one. I have seen comments about them failing, though I still suspect just the cable damaged but difficult to get into that end of the cable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I cut the plug open this morning but all seems OK, I think the fault is in the power supply itself so ordered a new one. I have seen comments about them failing, though I still suspect just the cable damaged but difficult to get into that end of the cable.

The new power supply for the Pure One Flow arrived and now working OK.

But the Pure Evoke Flow continued to give problems, I could see that it was not getting any supply from the power lead. The volts seemed OK on the plug but I cut the cable open, resoldered and taped up - still the same.

I took the back cover off and there were volts present on the pins of the power socket but no further into the PCB. The PCB track under the power socket had lifted and broken so repaired that now and all OK again.

I must have shorted something at some point because it had lost all its settings, it is showing Version 2.9 on the Upgrade and saying no upgrade needed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK, folks, a question other than "my radio won't work" :D.

I, like everyone else, understand that Absolute Radio is cutting off international streams. Now I have two links that work fine on my Frontier and Reciva radios, but don't work on Pure.

But here's the odd thing...when I try to tune one of these streams, instead of getting the "not available outside the UK" message or the "STATION NOT AVAILABLE" from Pure, the radio returns to the previous station. This is the only station on which this happens. Does anyone have an idea what's going on? I wonder if Pure is blocking this for Absolute?

thanks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS I found that my Pure One Flow had the same fault as my Pure Evoke Flow so the PSU might not have needed changing! Repaired the PCB track OK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if anyone else has noticed one oddity that occasionally happens with my Pure Evoke Flow?

I have Alarm 2 set to 00:00h Radio 2 DAB. This is just a way of having it ready tuned to Radio 2 for when I go to bed so I just need to turn up the volume.

But very occasionally I hear the Tone alarm going off at 00:00h, when I go through I see that it is Alarm 2 even though not been changed from its normal setting of Radio 2.

I have wondered whether there is a problem with 00:00h - the Pure One has a bug where the Sleep timer does not work through midnight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try 00:01hrs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try 00:01hrs.

I have done that but will have to wait to see if it happens again.

Wondered if anyone else had encountered the problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use the alarm facility so can't comment on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey folks! It's been a while! I'm now receiving version 5.0 firmware on both my radios, at least, they're asking to download. Anyone know what this does? The last time I took a download from Sangean it screwed up my wireless, so this time I'm really leary about "fixing" a radio that works! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Pure Evoke Flow fell off the bedside table (again!) yesterday and died. There is a ribbon cable inside that unplugs itself in a shock like that, easily plugged back in. I must investigate securing it in some way.