Options

Plus Size Clothing

SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Had a quick look at the forum and could not see anything for the plus size lady. I know the stand out shop for plus size on the high street is Evans, but I find their clothing to be a little drab and hit and miss at the moment. The prices aren't too cheap either! I have been having a bit of luck with the ASOS site and their plus size range. They have some lovely, trendy items at reasonable prices.

Just wondered where everyone else has tried? Anywhere you could recommend?

Comments

• Options
    rehab_101rehab_101 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yours
    New Look inspire range
    Matalan plus size range
    Tesco and Asda have a plus size range
    Some online stores such as Very
    H&M have a small (not very flattering imo) range
    Next plus size range
    And depending on what size you need Dorothy Perkins go up to a 22.

Thats all i can think of right now, hope thats of some help though!
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends what styles you are looking for Anne Harvey do some lovely clothing, Dawn French has her 1647 range, many catalogue companies have ranges, and if you want something very different e-bay has quite a few stores or individual sellers. Curvety.com, Antigiano and I think elvi is still around.

We actually have many more stores now especially on line than we ever had before so should consider our selves much luckier than previous generations.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use Ambrose Wilson quite a lot, some of their stuff is a bit frumpy but I`ve had some nice items as well. I also use Freemans their Joe Browns range is very good. Also Choice cataloue and Redoute have the odd nice item...happy shopping :):)
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    rehab_101 wrote: »
    Yours
    New Look inspire range
    Matalan plus size range
    Tesco and Asda have a plus size range
    Some online stores such as Very
    H&M have a small (not very flattering imo) range
    Next plus size range
    And depending on what size you need Dorothy Perkins go up to a 22.

Thats all i can think of right now, hope thats of some help though!

As a larger lady I 100% agree with this list...these are all my haunts...apat from H&M :D

oh and Peacocks have some styles that go up past a 20
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Yours and Size Up (same company). You get some right bargains on the Size Up website. Everything on there is on sale and most weekends they have an extra 20% off. I like Asymmetric hem tops and recently got a couple with a design on the front for £3 each.

Some of it is not to my tastes but that's with every shop.
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Bon Marche seems to be improving as well if what I've seen of it in magazines recently is anything to go by...
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Littlewoods and Very (they are the same company aren't they?) stock a range called So Fabulous:

http://www.littlewoods.com/women/e/b/1589/q/so-fabulous.end?trail=1589

Looks really nice, wish they did smaller sizes too :)
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone thanks for your replies! Still desperately looking around for a Christmas party outfit without alot of success but you have given me some new ideas so fingers crossed!
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your lost for where to go there are a lot plus size fashion bloggers out there who have a lot of tips and links to different stores for plus size clothing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    you could try the following website?Its only in America but they do International shipping and they are very quick in arriving!
    http://www.torrid.com/torrid/Homepage.jsp

Not quite sure WHY they don't have shops in the U.k as they would make an absolute killing

I've bought stuff from there before and they have events on and clearance ranges all the time on the website when the prices are really low!

don't forget the sizing is different in America but its easy to work out on the site and the sizing of their clothes is accurate