Lynda La Plante

M. GambittM. Gambitt Posts: 387
Forum Member
Is there any Lynda La Plante fans here??

Im really a big fan of the Anna Travis series with the latest book being Blind Fury.

Comments

• trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only read a few, and apart from The Legacy I've never been disappointed in any of her books. Entwined is most definitely my favourite. I've read all three Lorraine Page books too, and they were good.
  • Sinbazro_05Sinbazro_05 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LLP is a magnificent screenwriter, one of the best the UK has produced IMO, but her novels leave me cold.

'Clean Cut' could have been an episode of 'The Bill' and 'Sleeping Cruelty' was too ludicrous for words. :o
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished Blind Fury, which I enjoyed, although there was no real twists, saw the sad part coming really.
    Was a bit surprised with the title...Is it a play on words?..:confused:
  • JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    I think she's a great writer, but unfortunately she gets crammed amongst the Martina McCole type stuff.

All too samey about London gangsters.

Time to change the record.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    LLP is a magnificent screenwriter, one of the best the UK has produced IMO, but her novels leave me cold.

'Clean Cut' could have been an episode of 'The Bill' and 'Sleeping Cruelty' was too ludicrous for words. :o

Sleeping cruelty was absolutely ridiculous wasn't it. Glad someone else thinks so.
  • M. GambittM. Gambitt Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    JTW wrote: »
    I think she's a great writer, but unfortunately she gets crammed amongst the Martina McCole type stuff.

All too samey about London gangsters.

Time to change the record.

Not really true Lynda's books in the anna travis series deal with the police force and all there procedures whilst martinas books deal with the criminals more so.

What did people make of the above suspicion series? I was quite dissapointed i think the casting lets it down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a fan generally, but her 'Cold' series (Cold Shoulder, Cold Blood, Cold Heart) were very good.