Comments

• Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With me and my wife it's Hot Guy, Hot Wife.
  • Options
    dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You forgot to write anything in your OP? All I can see is two links!
  • Options
    Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think my husband and I are neither hot nor ugly just somewhere in the middle.
  • Options
    allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are we discussing?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Deputy Speaker of the House of Sleaze - Nigel Evans, that has been released on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault of two men.

Bad teeth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The OP did remind me of the US media's inability to cast a plain actress in a sympathetic role, even when the character is specifically not meant to be attractive.

Here for example is the amusingly plain character in 'the truth about cats and dogs': http://www.thefancarpet.com/uploaded_assets/images/gallery/3004/The_Truth_About_Cats_and_Dogs_28299_Medium.jpg - ie someone beautiful.

Here is the fatter character from Bones: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3499926016/nm0174819 We know that the character is meant to be fatter because she is always commenting ruefully on her inability to lose weight. Anyone see any fat on the actress they cast in the role?
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allaboard wrote: »
    What are we discussing?

I think the opening post is a subtle way of attempting to spark a discussion about situations whereby one person in a couple is much more physically attractive than the other.

Just a guess though.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allaboard wrote: »
    What are we discussing?

The OP's poor communication skills.
  • Options
    Bobbity-booBobbity-boo Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a choirboy in the 60s and attended dozens of weddings. The number of couples where both people were good-looking was surprisingly few. Quite often one of the couple, either the man or the woman, was significantly more attractive in conventional terms than the other
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come to think of it it's pretty rare you see a beautiful man/woman pairing these days, the only ones I can think of are

C.Ronaldo/Irina Shayk
    Johnny Depp/Amber Heard
  • Options
    Sarah.1987Sarah.1987 Posts: 1,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont consider myself attractive..and my OH is probably not what alot of people would consider attractive..But do we care? :-)
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah.1987 wrote: »
    I dont consider myself attractive..and my OH is probably not what alot of people would consider attractive..But do we care? :-)

Pretty much everyone past the age of 20 is unattractive but to a select few. Such is life, why we obsess over our looks I don't know.
  • Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've turned some hot guys who were/are with ugly wives/girlfriend gay.
  • Options
    Mr CynicMr Cynic Posts: 5,435
    Forum Member
    Ugly/non attractive guy who is a billionaire, super model beautiful wife.
  • Options
    Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    Pretty much everyone past the age of 20 is unattractive but to a select few. Such is life, why we obsess over our looks I don't know.

So when you're 21 you lose your looks? Are you crazzzzy? With some people the older they are the better looking they are (espesh with men)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »

When you are marching in formation and everyone is out of step except you, it may be time to reflect on a possible other explanation.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about "fat enormous wife, skinny guy/fat enormous man, skinny wife"?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    What about "fat enormous wife, skinny guy/fat enormous man, skinny wife"?

What about it?
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about it?

The OP didn't mention it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Deputy Speaker of the House of Sleaze - Nigel Evans, that has been released on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault of two men.

Bad teeth.

I thought that myself ... if I was him I'd get them fixed.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly ... people care too much about how they look, we all end up looking the same eventually ... men become grey wrinkly and bald, and women the same only not bald ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have come across small men married to large women which can look a bit odd but as long they are happy together who cares eh?
  • Options
    Sarah_PopeSarah_Pope Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Anyone with standards would care about looks especially their own looks

That's the difference between people who do and don't exercise, self respect

I've seen a lot of ugly couples recently and some fat woman/skinny man couples. I guess the skinny guys probably have low self esteem to not try and find something better
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah_Pope wrote: »

I've seen a lot of ugly couples recently and some fat woman/skinny man couples. I guess the skinny guys probably have low self esteem to not try and find something better

Excuse me Miss Judgemental? lol.

Me and my OH exercise, we eat healthy and do the best for ourselves, BUT, we not not necessarily be considered "attractive" by other peoples standards and tastes.
  • Options
    Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah_Pope wrote: »

i care about my looks, i have self respect but i dont exercise...i can't, i have a disability which effects my mobility, my husband is gorgeous, an extrovert and slim and im a bit more rounded than him (ok a lot more) ...but im still bloody gorgeous :D
    well to my husband i am and thats all i care about.

who decides whats attractive or not, what one person likes another person hates.