How many countries will you be supporting at the World Cup?

2»

Comments

• Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any of the four nations that I get in the family sweepstake :D
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I usually support Germany but I don't think I'll bother this time. I'm sick of hearing about how they're this great young team, with all these great players (how come they could only find two out-and-out strikers then? ) who play great football, with loads of potential blah, blah, blah before they bottle it in the semi-final. If I want to hear all that, I'll stick with Arsenal. ;-)

I might follow Chile. I think they've got a great chance of finishing second behind Spain in that group and in South America, they'll fancy going on a run.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well San Marino surprisingly didn't make the World Cup so I'll be cheering on England the most since I now live here.

Also like Ecuador, Japan and Brazil.
  • -Bandit--Bandit- Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    england.

then once they go out it's usually any underdog.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    All of them. I don't discriminate just because I was born in England. Patriotism can take a hike!

You support all the teams? So when two teams play each other, you want them both to win? :S
  • england66england66 Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    You support all the teams? So when two teams play each other, you want them both to win? :S

lol i was just about to say the same thing, how can they support all the teams ? How boring would that be.
    I'll be supporting england (obviously) then if/when we crash out i'll be supporting any of the underdog teams ie usa,aussies etc. As long as portugal, germany or spain don't win i'll be happy. :p
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Italy because I absolutely love their style of football.

Portugal because of Ronaldo.

Russia because of my heritage.

England (except against Italy) because that's where I live and because everyone is so pessimistic about their chances.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just England, but will keep an eye out for Australia as I have family living out there.
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xela M wrote: »
    England (except against Italy) because that's where I live and because everyone is so pessimistic about their chances.

I think that's changed now, think there's a lot of quiet optimism definitely.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    Just England: I have no affiliation to any other country taking part (unless you count friends with benefits, as I have one who's half Aussie).

I will actually be supporting somebody else (after England's inevitable group stage elimination) - Belgium, after getting them in the office sweepstake.
  • Trmcg5Trmcg5 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghana. Got them in a sweepstake at 2010 and have loved their style ever since.
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    supporting a team just creeps up on you when you see a less favoured nation playing really well. In 2010 I was outraged when Suarez cheated Ghana as I'd started supporting Ghana (his I'm a Hero reaction to the missed penalty was shabby too).
    I end up loathing teams too, especially those that kick people or cheat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one supporting Brazil? :D
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    supporting a team just creeps up on you when you see a less favoured nation playing really well. In 2010 I was outraged when Suarez cheated Ghana as I'd started supporting Ghana (his I'm a Hero reaction to the missed penalty was shabby too).
    I end up loathing teams too, especially those that kick people or cheat.

I actually wanted Uruguay to win that, because I found the whole "Africa United" stuff deeply irritating.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Germany first before anyone then England, Russia and Portugal.
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    I actually wanted Uruguay to win that, because I found the whole "Africa United" stuff deeply irritating.

Same, the media more or less demanded we support Ghana.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Same, the media more or less demanded we support Ghana.

The ITV commentary on that Uruguay-Ghana match was the most biased for a game not involving a British side that I can ever remember.