Options

Housemates You Initially Liked Then Hated

SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think all of us have them! It's funny how quickly your perception of someone can change so quickly.

The last series of Celeb BB I was fully behind Michelle for the first week or so until she joined in with KH to start making fun of Alicia and then going on to alienate Perez. I was very disappointed in her and felt stupid for being taken in!

Grace was another housemate I initially liked. In the first week or so she did a little bitching, most were doing that so I cut her some slack, she also dealt with Nikki's tantrums well and seemed to be a voice of reason in the house for a little while but then she started to get really venomous. The stirring she did to get Sam in trouble was horrible, Sam was clearly a fragile person who was struggling with her identity at the time and just wanted to be liked and Grace going after her just felt like someone going after the weakest housemate.

From the same series the other person who let me down was Lisa. Her VT was really funny and she seemed like a nice enough woman until she got in with Grace and co and turned into this little mouthy, sweary Mancunian mad woman. When Grace left I thought she had a chance to redeem herself but instead she just got worse.

Maxwell from BB6 was another one who had a good VT and seemed like he'd be a good laugh. Then he got together with Saskia, Craig et al and the cheeky chappy turned into a bitchy, mouthy, pretty vile character. Same goes for Saskia, I liked her VT and thought she had a pretty good chance of winning until she paired up with Max and their true colours started to come out.

Mario from BB11 is my final disappointment. The whole first week of him being the mole was pretty funny to watch and I liked how he stuck up for Ben when everyone else started to turn on him. Then the whining and moping about over Ben not fancying him kicked in and my like turned to dislike very quickly. He did very little throughout the series, his first week was a distant memory by the time the final came around and I think he was very lucky to finish 3rd.

Comments

• Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Perez.
    Jale.
    Dexter (very near the end though)
    Nikki Graham (BB7)
    Grace
    Brian B
    Luke A
    Adam (BB13)
    Luke (BB9)

Can't think of other at the moment!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    helen was my launch night favourite because she seemed the most normal of the part 1 launch gang.

oh god...
  • Options
    Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    It's usually the "strong, independent woman" I initially buy, then they turn out to be a huge letdown.

Toya Washington and Michelle Visage being the two most recent I can think of.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Oh I forgot Helen Wood!

Night 1 I thought "Oh, she could be alright. Early favourite of mine"

I was so very very wrong.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Carole BB8 is the main one here

Oh and Bea from BB10.
  • Options
    Philip_ClarkePhilip_Clarke Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a few...

Rylan. I supported him throughout most of his series. It was only when I did a re-watch I saw literally how much he played up to the cameras and how the whole series had been taylored to showcase his "talents". 90% of the tasks centered around Rylan (from choosing between housemates at the start to his many secret missions). Even the tasks that were supposed to favour other people were really all about him: Frankie the dictator was really about Rylan leading the revolution, Paula's fashion task had Rylan as the mouthpiece. The only Speidi related tasks were designed to cast them in a negative light such as the pretend webchat where Rylan asked them questions, and the secret room where they got to see housemates saying awful things about them e.g. "God help them if they have children". So upon my re-watch of this series I was very pro Speidi as they only got truly nasty by way of retaliation, and very Anti-Rylan.

Katie Hopkins. Because she causes controversy I rubbed my hands with Glee when she stepped in, only to see she was incapable of spontanious confrontation. All her harrasment seemed like it had been pre-rehearsed in her head an hour before. This made her bullying worse because it was clearly pre meditated "I'll make his life hell for every one of those (11) days". By day 3 I couldn't stand her.

Pete Burns. Initally very funny until he took it to far and leaped from occasional bitchy remarks to full on character assasinations reducing people to tears for no other reason than he was bored. Still, I'd like to put him in a room with Hopkins and see what happened. They'd probably end up bosom buddies.

Jo O Mera. I'm not saying Jade as I was never fond to begin with, but Jo let a lot of people down by laughing along with and encouraging the house bully. There's only so much the bystander excuse will work (see Michelle Visage)

Luisa Zizzman: QUite liked her for most of her series but the moment Linda Nolan left she clearly made a somewhat obvious switch to "oh I'll be friends with Jim now" as he was clearly likely to win. Also her apperences on BOTS have shown her to be immature and without manners or grace.

Harvy from So Solid crew. Seemed a lot of fun to start with but clearly had double standards all over the place (worse than Chloe Goodman and her crew of bullshitters). Sabotaging the shopping task for stupid reasons. Not having the balls to confront Julie Goodyear. Condeming what he considered to be "disgraceful" behavioue before treating Coleen to a close up of his arsehole.

There are probably worse examples of housemates such as James Jordan, Cami Li, George Galloway but I never liked them to begin with.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnny Regan - BB3. First couope of weeks he seemed like a normal bloke who liked a laugh and then he was nominated and turned into a self pitying, shallow, deluded misery guts who was all 'me, me, me'. Some of his behaviour towards Kate was questionable to say the least.

Maxwell - BB6. Thought he was a bit of a cockney wideboy but good fun. His attack on Lesleh made him popular and it went to his head and he revealed himself to be a bigger bully then the girl he accused of picking on Sam. Horrible pig of a man who found a mirror image of himself in the hideous Saskia
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Was a fan of Julie Goodyear from her Corrie days, but seeing her on Celeb BB really turned me off, what a nasty woman.
  • Options
    Philip_ClarkePhilip_Clarke Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think CBB made me like Julie Goodyear more to be honest. I founder kind of funny.
    I think her and Bet Lynch merged into one.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »

Oh and Bea from BB10.

I ended up disliking both Carol and Bea too. Bea turned out to be the woman from hell:o

Also was it Rebeckah in Aaron's BB. a blond woman.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loads.

John James
    Mario
    Caroline
    Maxwell
    Saskia
    Bea
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BB5 Vanessa
    BB9 Luke
    BB10 Bea
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't forget the statementer - Pauline - in last years BB.

She was VERY popular when she entered... :D
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

People should have been forewarned after Carole.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    I don't think first impressions are my forte.
    Lisa (BB7)
    Grace (BB7)
    Jo O'Meara (CBB5)
    Laura (BB8)
    Rebecca (BB9)
    Luke (BB9)
    Sophia (BB10)
    Bea (BB10)
    Rebeckah (BB12)
    Caroline (BB13)
    Wolfy (BB14)
    Pauline (BB15)
    Helen (BB15)
  • Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    J_R wrote: »
    helen was my launch night favourite because she seemed the most normal of the part 1 launch gang.

oh god...

Agreed! Helen came across really well in her VT and the first two episodes but in the third episode she was bitching about Chris on his first night, saying she hated him and it was a downward spiral from there.
  • Options
    linmiclinmic Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »

Oh and Bea from BB10.

:o Bea?? She turned out to be a real Beaitch didnt she? She was quite sinister.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From regular BB:

Saskia (BB6)
    Makosi (BB6)
    Laura (BB8)
    Tracey (BB8)
    Rebecca (BB9)
    Luke (BB9)
    Bea (BB10
    Lisa (BB10)
    Govan (BB11)
    John James (BB11)
    Rebekah (BB12)
    Caroline (BB13)
    Wolfy (BB14)
    Dan (BB14)
    Pauline (BB15)
    Kimberly (BB15)
    Zoe (BB15)
    Helen (BB15)

And from CBB:

Jo (CBB7)
    Karissa & Kristina (CBB9)
    Michelle (CBB15)
    Calum (CBB15)

I wouldn't say "hate" for most of them, but these are the ones I remember really liking early on and later seriously went off them.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie Hopkins. Her first few days in the house she seemed quite nice. Until her bullying of Parez went way too far. Plus making fun of Alicia for being thick.
  • Options
    Pro_SniperPro_Sniper Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Recidivist.

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pro_Sniper wrote: »
    Recidivist.

:D

Haha, yes, I'd forgotten that. :D
  • Options
    Dextor_MorganDextor_Morgan Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perez and Nadia.
  • Options
    Olivia024Olivia024 Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Josie Gibson
  • Options
    blahblahblah57blahblahblah57 Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J_R wrote: »

oh god...

Pauline from the same series - I loved her at first. That soon changed and, yeah, I really liked Helen at first too.
  • Options
    CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reg Holdsworth, what a disturbingly horrible little man he turned out to be.