Juliet Bravo repeats on BBC 4

soopytwistsoopytwist Posts: 112
Forum Member
What happened to this? Last Monday (or was it Tuesday) BBC 4 showed the very first episode of this cop drama from 1980 and it isn't on this week. I thought maybe the Beeb were showing the entire first series at least.

I don't remember it too well as I was only four when it started but the later series I do. It was probably Derek Goom's theme music that attracted me to it - still does. As a slice of how police procedure drama was done in those days it's pretty entertaining.

What startles the most is the complete lack of any music for the entire episode, just the opening and closing credit sequence; something lost with today's overblown pretentious bullcrap with incredibly annoying and constant music.

Juliet Bravo last week made a refreshing change from all that so it's absence this week is a disappointment.

Comments

• FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    soopytwist wrote: »
    What happened to this? Last Monday (or was it Tuesday) BBC 4 showed the very first episode of this cop drama from 1980 and it isn't on this week. I thought maybe the Beeb were showing the entire first series at least.

I don't remember it too well as I was only four when it started but the later series I do. It was probably Derek Goom's theme music that attracted me to it - still does. As a slice of how police procedure drama was done in those days it's pretty entertaining.

What startles the most is the complete lack of any music for the entire episode, just the opening and closing credit sequence; something lost with today's overblown pretentious bullcrap with incredibly annoying and constant music.

Juliet Bravo last week made a refreshing change from all that so it's absence this week is a disappointment.

On some programme guide, someone said that episode was down as 1/16 which gave the impression they were showing the whole first series, but turns out it was just a one-off to follow the documentary about women in the police force.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I remember this show when I was younger, brings back a lot of good memories. I didn't realise it was on.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    What a let down BBC4 !!! I saw that episode and was under the impression it was the start of a repeat series! I was in my teens when this started, so couldn't see it much (NO Videos then!). It was a good episode too!
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    What a let down BBC4 !!! I saw that episode and was under the impression it was the start of a repeat series! I was in my teens when this started, so couldn't see it much (NO Videos then!). It was a good episode too!

Actually I think BBC4 should be axed rather than BBC3 !!!!